Author Topic: Ze dish of ze day. Pork chops.  (Read 775 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Ze dish of ze day. Pork chops.
« on: January 29, 2009, 07:08:26 AM »
With blackcurrant preserves and dijon mustard.

Recipe calls for:

1/4 cup black currant preserves [jam would work fine too imo but intact currants look nicer]
1 and 1/2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard [about 1/3 as much mustard as preserves I guess]
6 chops
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
Salt & pepper
A garnish of watercress

Adjust accordingly for more or less than 6 chops but amounts are not critical.

-Mix the preserves and mustard together in a bowl.

-Pan fry the chops briefly until lightly browned each side.  Reduce the heat to low. 

-Throw some salt & pepper on 'em and spoon the preserves/mustard mix onto the chops. 

-Cover and cook on low heat until done (don't overcook imo, but you pays your money and you takes your choice).

-When cooked, remove chops from pan (and put in the oven to keep warm) and turn up the heat on the pan.  The recipe calls for the vinegar to be added immediately to deglaze the pan, but my pan had plenty of liquid in it.  Tight lid I guess.  I cooked off some of the water then added the vinegar and let it bubble away over a medium heat for another 2 mins or so.  Simply cook until the sauce is thickened to your liking, bearing in mind it will thicken slightly as it cools.

-Throw the chops on a plate, pour the sauce over, and garnish if you're trying to impress someone.

Basic, fast, easy process and ingredients, knockout flavor.