Author Topic: I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW EVERY ONES THOUGHTS ON FASTING  (Read 2911 times)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW EVERY ONES THOUGHTS ON FASTING
« on: January 31, 2009, 06:22:26 AM »
DOSE ANYONE PRACTICE IT....... HOW MANY TIMES A YEAR DO YOU DO IT........ HOW LONG DO YOU DO IT FOR...... THANK YOU

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW EVERY ONES THOUGHTS ON FASTING
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 07:54:16 AM »
I'm not sure it is necessary as some claim, but if you want to for religious purposes then go for it.  If one is obese and has tried several failed attempts at weight loss then a very low cal diet works well.  Just eat 1 small meal a day.  Sorry kinda off topic  :-\

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 10:05:29 PM »
I've only done a few short ones of like 3 days, but found that on my first workout after fasting I was noticeably stronger than before.

I'm planning on doing a 10-14 day fast in about a month or so.

valhalla

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 05:01:48 AM »
I´ve done it a few times, but didnt feel much from it, most likely due to me eating clean and healthy all the time.

For people with a big intake of fatty meats, junk with bloated stomachs and poor digestion etc., i believe it could have great benefits.

For people who eat small healthy meals and have a healthy digestion i dont think its needed.

Just remember after a longer fast to slowly increase food and eat only light easily digested foods..or your system will get screwed!

Val

dustin

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 11:49:05 AM »
When your body heads into ketosis you feel like shit, then when it runs off ketones you feel euphoria. I can see why primitive humans sought enlightenment through this path. It's like tripping without actually tripping. When I accidentally starve for whatever reason, after the hunger pains go away you feel pretty good actually. I wouldn't deliberately fast though. It's fucking pointless. There are a million things you can do that are more conducive to your health before "fasting".

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 02:44:02 AM »
You can enter ketosis without fasting. 

dustin

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 06:02:22 PM »
You can enter ketosis without fasting. 

Yup. I was just drawing a connection between fasting from back in the day. People usually did it to cleanse themselves and did it for spiritual reasons. I can see why they felt that way. After you pass the part where you feel like shit, you feel absolutely fantastic. But there are other ways to feel good - such as eating food for fuck sakes lol ;D

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 09:02:21 PM »
I'm not sure it is necessary as some claim, but if you want to for religious purposes then go for it.  If one is obese and has tried several failed attempts at weight loss then a very low cal diet works well.  Just eat 1 small meal a day.  Sorry kinda off topic  :-\
Fasting for some religious purposes is misunderstood..they only fast during the day eg sunlight hours..its not a full fast..this is ramadan(spelling?)

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 09:57:42 AM »
there has been evidence showing that with SOME fasting you can elongate cell life and essentially live longer

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 01:41:08 AM »
depends what reason you want to do it.

i have did a 7 day water only fast 2 times.

both times were hell. You have no energy, no strength,  no euphoria  ::) craving like mad, etc

lost around 14 pounds both times.

studies show you actually lose more muscle than fat on a fast, so don't believe the bullshit about ketosis saves/spares muscle.

if you want to do it for maximum fat loss - then do a protein only fast. ( known as a protein sparring modified fast in medical circles). Depending on your protein intake this will spare all/almost all of your muscle mass while stripping the fat.

if you want to fast for spiritual reasons, buddha tells us its useless. he starved himself to near death and got no closer to enlightenment, the middle path is the key  8)

if you want to fast for detox reasons then i can se the benefit, however i would still take in some protein to spare your muscle while your ody detoxes - nothing else though.

also be carefull how you break a fast. The first time i broke the fast i was craving food so bad i ate chinese as my first meal. i swear the pain i was in after eating, my stomace was agony, i had wind, acid reflux , hear burn etc you name it i had it. i almost went to hospital.

the 2nd time i finished the fast i ate some red apples (to this day they were the nicest apples i ever tasted  :) ) every 30 mins and felt fine.
175lbs by 31st July