Author Topic: MSNBC just reported that Obama will let the caskets be seen  (Read 2091 times)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Re: MSNBC just reported that Obama will let the caskets be seen
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 09:35:28 AM »
Obama sends 17,000 more to Afghanastan.  Militarily it may be needed, but at what cost...
Obama clearly said troops would be transferred from Iraq, sounds like these soldiers are mostly from the US.

I don't see any good reason to display the caskets of the dead.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 09:38:52 AM »
Obama sends 17,000 more to Afghanastan.  Militarily it may be needed, but at what cost...
Obama clearly said troops would be transferred from Iraq, sounds like these soldiers are mostly from the US.

I don't see any good reason to display the caskets of the dead.

Poltical prop.

Hey, what is your take on the mortgage plan???

I know what mine is.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2009, 12:06:44 PM »
yes you did.  you changed what I said.  I was talking about the troops and Bush did plenty of politicising of and around the troops.  That is wrong imo. 

I haven't denied it?  What?  First I want you righties to get your story straight.  He's going to end the war by polilticising flag covered caskets or he's going to escalate the war, which is it?  I'm not saying you said it, but I'm getting two messages from the right on this, now which is it?
im not going to comment on you question seeing as it doesnt apply to me b/c i dont believe he is going to politicize the deaths although he has politicized soldiers just like bush so i hope you think thats crap as well...Also if you think thats crap then what makes you think its ok to let ppl politicize the deaths of our soldiers? which will undoubtedly happen with these pics and vids, wouldnt you agree? Obama knows whats going to happen and clearing the road for it this is and i cant stress this enough a PRIVATE moment for family and friends and shouldnt be open to the public especially when the left will use these images to further their cause and again you know they will.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 01:35:34 PM »
The nation needs to see the coffins to realize the extent and cost of Bush's lies and deception over Iraq. 

But hey, his idea was "out of sight, out of mind" huh?  Now Obama is delivering the news that there is a real cost to this bullshit that Bush started and failed at.

Bush was never out of site out of mind...u have no business having access to those coffins...and neither does the media. Um we have won in Iraq...its over deny deny deny all u want..we won.
L

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2009, 01:39:30 PM »
Bush was never out of site out of mind...u have no business having access to those coffins...and neither does the media. Um we have won in Iraq...its over deny deny deny all u want..we won.

We won?  What did we win?  What new freedom did I get?  Hmmm?  Answers?

Bush = out of sight, out of mind, out of touch. 

Don't worry, I am sure Newsweek will certainly be showing the photos of what it cost for Bush to have his "victory" in Iraq with the WMDs, the stable gov't, the exit plan, etc.. that he all brought about.

Oh, and it will be over soon enough when Big Daddy O pulls the troops out.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2009, 02:54:50 PM »
Big daddy O can't even find Iraq on a map. After we do pull out...noboby in the services will link Obama and a win in Iraq. Obama is waaaaay out of his league. Well ur right..I won...as American who served. We didn't invade for ur freedom. U guys all wanted us to pull out in 06', just like Barry O shitbag...they had bash him over the head to get him to admit the surge worked.
L

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2009, 06:14:48 PM »
bush was keeping a private event fuking private dumbass these soldiers should not be used for political gains which you know they will be.

We all know why he was doing it - he wanted to keep the body count out of the news. If he really cared about these soldiers he would never have sent them in the first place.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2009, 06:19:58 AM »
Big daddy O can't even find Iraq on a map. After we do pull out...noboby in the services will link Obama and a win in Iraq. Obama is waaaaay out of his league. Well ur right..I won...as American who served. We didn't invade for ur freedom. U guys all wanted us to pull out in 06', just like Barry O shitbag...they had bash him over the head to get him to admit the surge worked.

You won what?  College funds?  (glad to hear that)

Why did we invade then?  WMDs?  Oil?  Past vendettas?  Hmmm?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2009, 07:17:47 AM »
We all know why he was doing it - he wanted to keep the body count out of the news. If he really cared about these soldiers he would never have sent them in the first place.
so obama doesnt care about the 17,000 he is about to send to afghanistan?  ::) LOL gezzz its a private event not even 240 the obama butt plug can support this move.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2009, 10:51:31 AM »

Don't worry, I am sure Newsweek will certainly be showing the photos of what it cost for Bush to have his "victory" in Iraq with the WMDs, the stable gov't, the exit plan, etc.. that he all brought about.

This statement is a perfect example of why this shouldn't be done.  Pure political ploy.  Disrespectful to families.  I wonder if he consulted families about this?   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2009, 11:30:45 AM »
This statement is a perfect example of why this shouldn't be done.  Pure political ploy.  Disrespectful to families.  I wonder if he consulted families about this?   

Did Bush consult families to get their approval to send their kids off to die for his LIES?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2009, 11:43:08 AM »
Did Bush consult families to get their approval to send their kids off to die for his LIES?

He didn't have to consult the families.  The adult men and women took an oath to follow the orders of their CIC.  He gave them lawful orders.  They followed.  Those that sacrificed their lives following orders and serving their country shouldn't be paraded so some people can try and score political points.       

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2009, 11:56:30 AM »
what if it was managed on a case-by-case basis?

If the smith family got a call from germany and said 'your fallen child will be arriving tomorrow - do you want to permit cameras to be there'?

Some would want it, some would not.  Many of those bitching about the secrecy were the fmailies themselves.  Honestly, if a member of my family died in iraq, I think it would be a sad yet amazing moment if the family gathered to see the fallen soldier return.  Give that poor brave soul a few moments.  just like you salute and parade the returning soldiers.  Why hide their fallen brothers like unpleasant inventory being transferred?

Make it a case by case basis.  Family chooses.  If some twit on a message board thinks he knows better than a soldiers' parents, they can really suck an egg.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2009, 12:20:35 PM »
He didn't have to consult the families.  The adult men and women took an oath to follow the orders of their CIC.  He gave them lawful orders.  They followed.  Those that sacrificed their lives following orders and serving their country shouldn't be paraded so some people can try and score political points.       

Invading Iraq based on LIES is not "serving our country".  It is serving the whims of a dishonest idiot.  It came with a cost.  The American people have the right to see that cost.  If you don't want to see the pics, turn the page.

Out of sight, out of mind.  Good politics huh?  That's why your party is also "out of office."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2009, 12:26:07 PM »
Invading Iraq based on LIES is not "serving our country".  It is serving the whims of a dishonest idiot.  It came with a cost.  The American people have the right to see that cost.  If you don't want to see the pics, turn the page.

Out of sight, out of mind.  Good politics huh?  That's why your party is also "out of office."

I don't have a party.  In any event, we don't have a "right" to see the coffins of soldiers.  Parading the bodies of soldiers who died in combat to try and score political points is disgraceful.  I hope Obama comes to his senses on this. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2009, 12:44:25 PM »
I think Obama did come to his senses.  Which is to systematically dismantle the bush foundation of secrecy, deception, and ignorance.

If you don't like his decision, write your Senator.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2009, 12:56:00 PM »
Ah yeah real transparent administration..he's full of shit. And Lurker...I graduated from college a long time ago. When wild Bill was in office and the GI bill covered gas and beer money. Now it actually means something.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2009, 03:34:19 PM »
what if it was managed on a case-by-case basis?

If the smith family got a call from germany and said 'your fallen child will be arriving tomorrow - do you want to permit cameras to be there'?

Some would want it, some would not.  Many of those bitching about the secrecy were the fmailies themselves.  Honestly, if a member of my family died in iraq, I think it would be a sad yet amazing moment if the family gathered to see the fallen soldier return.  Give that poor brave soul a few moments.  just like you salute and parade the returning soldiers.  Why hide their fallen brothers like unpleasant inventory being transferred?

Make it a case by case basis.  Family chooses.  If some twit on a message board thinks he knows better than a soldiers' parents, they can really suck an egg.
same goes for barry im fine with making it a case by case basis but thats not what obama is doing is it? He is putting these soldiers out there so the left can politicize their deathsm and thats fuking shameful. They arent hiding them like unpleasent inventory you twit they are paying them the respect they deserve by not letting this event be politicized and stand for something other then what it should and thats somber respect for a soldier who gave all and their family and friends.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2009, 04:04:54 PM »
The nation needs to see the coffins to realize the extent and cost of Bush's lies and deception over Iraq. 

But hey, his idea was "out of sight, out of mind" huh?  Now Obama is delivering the news that there is a real cost to this bullshit that Bush started and failed at.
S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2009, 11:30:30 AM »
At least they will get the family's permission. 

Official: Pentagon allows coverage of war coffins

From Barbara Starr
CNN Pentagon Correspondent

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Pentagon will lift its longtime ban on media coverage of the flag-draped coffins of war victims arriving at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware, according to a senior U.S. defense official with direct knowledge of the decision.

The coverage must be approved by the victims' families, however.

Advocates of opening the base to coverage say the unmarked coffins make it impossible to identify specific remains.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates is to announce the change at a news conference at 2 p.m. ET, the senior official said. He ordered a review after President Obama asked for more information on the long-standing policy.

Though the Defense Department won't confirm it, it is widely accepted that the ban began after the December 1989 U.S. invasion of Panama, which deposed dictator Manuel Noriega.

After a news conference held by President George H.W. Bush, his press secretary made a humorous comment, causing the president and reporters to laugh.

At the same time, viewers were watching coffins of the first casualties from the invasion being unloaded at Dover.

The following year, when the Persian Gulf War began, the Pentagon banned media coverage of war dead being returned to the base.

One of the family members who favors lifting the ban is Karen Meredith of San Francisco, California, who wrote Obama urging him to order the change.

Lt. Ken Ballard left for Iraq on Mother's Day in 2003. He came home in a casket on Memorial Day 2004.

"I wanted the nation to grieve with me, and if we don't see those images we don't know that these young men and women are dying," she told CNN.

"And to me its an honor to have an honor guard at Dover when they're bringing these men and women back through the mortuary. But we've never been able to see those pictures of the honor being given."

Others say the honor should remain private.

"When they come off the plane, these are anonymous caskets. What is the greater good of that," asked Vince Rangel, who was an Army Ranger captain in Vietnam.

"I would rather take that attention and give it everything it deserves at the gravesite in the communities where you can get all that information, so people can understand these people as human beings. Not just as a flag-draped casket that comes out of a plane."

Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell said about two weeks ago that a good deal of input needed to be collected from a number of sources, including Pentagon offices representing family interests, the Defense Department's public affairs office and the various service branches.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/26/pentagon.media.war.dead/index.html

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2009, 11:57:47 AM »
So what time is it on teevee?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2011, 07:21:41 AM »
MSNBC just reported that Obama will let the caskets of soldiers killed in Iraq & Afghanistan be seen

I don't have a link. Jim Miklaszewski reported. "Now it appears that President Obama is willing to do that-to allow the American people to support and grieve for their fallen."

Funny - yet obama would not allow te pics of OBL. 

Dead Osama - no

Dead US Soldiers -Yes. 

Nice. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2011, 05:54:17 PM »

Dead Osama - no

Dead US Soldiers -Yes. 

Nice. 

Don't want to upset foreigners.   ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2011, 05:55:17 PM »

Dead Osama - no

Dead US Soldiers -Yes.  

Nice.  

Not surprising. Muslim feelings supersede those of Americans.

God forbid Muslims do something "uncommonly" rash and kill somebody over those pictures!  ::)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2011, 07:42:48 PM »

Now Obama is delivering the news that there is a real cost to this bullshit that Bush started and failed at.

Sure he is.