Author Topic: Is there something I don't know about bicep injections?  (Read 879 times)

Robo Boogie

• Getbig I
Is there something I don't know about bicep injections?
« on: February 18, 2009, 08:56:38 AM »
I try to rotate as many sites as possible, so I end up shooting traps, chest, shoulders, lats, triceps, biceps and quads.

Everything is always fine everywhere except biceps; Every time without fail they get red, warm and swollen a few days post injection.

I've heard some people say this is "normal" and to let the body deal with it on it's own, but I always get scared and end up taking antibiotics for a few days until they get better.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this? I know the simple solution is to stop shooting biceps, but I'm really curious why this happens there and nowhere else.

???

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: Is there something I don't know about bicep injections?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 09:30:37 AM »
I try to rotate as many sites as possible, so I end up shooting traps, chest, shoulders, lats, triceps, biceps and quads.

Everything is always fine everywhere except biceps; Every time without fail they get red, warm and swollen a few days post injection.

I've heard some people say this is "normal" and to let the body deal with it on it's own, but I always get scared and end up taking antibiotics for a few days until they get better.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this? I know the simple solution is to stop shooting biceps, but I'm really curious why this happens there and nowhere else.

???

Primary immune system response.

It appears you've just got a fragile immune response.   :-\

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Robo Boogie

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 10:44:29 AM »
Thanks for the response... unfortunately I don't know much about microbio/immunology. Can you tell me why this occurs only in the biceps? Or does it occur in different parts of the body in different people?

So for someone like myself with a weak immune response, would you say it's always best to start ABs at the first sign of infection (redness/swelling/warmth) since my body basically has no chance of fighting it on its own?

Thanks again.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 10:47:00 AM »
Thanks for the response... unfortunately I don't know much about microbio/immunology. Can you tell me why this occurs only in the biceps? Or does it occur in different parts of the body in different people?

So for someone like myself with a weak immune response, would you say it's always best to start ABs at the first sign of infection (redness/swelling/warmth) since my body basically has no chance of fighting it on its own?

Thanks again.

It appears your biceps don't want to boogie and that you should dance your way to another site injection, Robo.

The biceps are a tender region and the inflammation as a part of the initial immune system response is common, but obviously if it's bothering you to this extent, I'd advise you to leave it alone.

Listen to your body.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Robo Boogie

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 11:07:33 AM »
Will do.

Thanks.