Author Topic: Killing children/your child because god told you to  (Read 41742 times)

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
Re: Killing children/your child because god told you to
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2009, 01:29:46 PM »
Depends on how. However, if God ordered a father to kill his child, I question that.  If God orders a Army to kill children I question that.

My assertion is, God doesn't order such things, man does, and in the Bible man ordered it and said God did.

What are your thoughts regarding the "Great Tribulation" and the battle of "Armageddon"?. Jesus taught both of those occurrences. There will be children who perish in those situations.  :)

GC/DEA_AGENT

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2009, 01:32:42 PM »
Do you believe that satan exists?  If so, what do you think his role is in this world?

Not in the traditional Christian sense,

What do you mean? Jesus confirmed his (satan) existence, right?

GC/DEA_AGENT

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2009, 02:07:35 PM »
We could also choose not to drop the bomb that we know will kill the child.

Is the enemy dead if he has offspring who will be trained to kill you?  At what age would you draw the line? 

If we choose not to drop the bomb we are choosing not to kill the enemy.

If difference is, in the second scenario, the enemy is already dead then  a second decision is made to proceed to kill the children.  that's why those scenarios are very different.

Imagine a US soldier after taking out a Taliban strong hold, killing 30 taliban soldiers, then an hour later proceeding to the village and killing ever man woman and child.  Would that be the same as collateral damage?  Would world see it that way?  Would men of honor and goodness see it that way?

As for offspring.  How do we know they all will agree to be trained to kill americans?  How do we all know they will actually do it?  Aren't we sentencing long before the act?  Is that right?  Is that good?  Killing someone because of what they might do, is still cold blooded murder especially if it is resorted to killing children.  Until they commit the crime, they are innocent, no matter what age they are.

Are you suggesting we go into villages and kill every one over a certain age because of what they might do?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2009, 03:19:44 PM »

What are your thoughts regarding the "Great Tribulation" and the battle of "Armageddon"?. Jesus taught both of those occurrences. There will be children who perish in those situations.  :)

GC/DEA_AGENT

That is in a war.  Children/innocent people die in wars unintentionally.  That's different than defeating an army on the field of battle then proceeding to a village and killing all the women and children in a second deliberate act of cold blooded murder.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2009, 05:05:41 PM »
If they wiped out all the Amalikite adults who would train them? 

If they wiped out all the Amalekite adults, who would FEED them?

How is letting them starve to death in the desert or leaving them wide open to get picked off by other enemies of the Amalekites any different than putting them to the sword?

As Beach Bum said (and as I've mentioned earlier), they're just as DEAD, regardless.

Point is, children were murdered allegedly in cold blood according to God's orders.  So what?  It happened thousands of years ago.  BUt in the context of an on going dialog/debate about the Bible being the infallible word of god, it is relevant. 

Indeed. But, the relevance, with regards to the discussion, is that the sins of the Amalekite adults fell onto their children, a fate that could have been avoided had the Amalekites simply repented, made amends, and left Israel alone.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2009, 05:37:26 PM »
If they wiped out all the Amalekite adults, who would FEED them?

1. Who should feed them? 
2. What would be the right thing to do with the children?
3. What do people/governments do in modern times?
4. What did the allies do in WW2 with many orphan children of nazis?

How is letting them starve to death in the desert or leaving them wide open to get picked off by other enemies of the Amalekites any different than putting them to the sword?

Who said anything about leaving them in the dessert to starve to death?

As Beach Bum said (and as I've mentioned earlier), they're just as DEAD, regardless.

What both of you refuse to acknowledge is that killing the children separate act from killing the parents. 

Indeed. But, the relevance, with regards to the discussion, is that the sins of the Amalekite adults fell onto their children, a fate that could have been avoided had the Amalekites simply repented, made amends, and left Israel alone.

What fell on to the children was cold blooded murder by savage self righteous primitive men.  Nothing more.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2009, 06:00:31 PM »
If we choose not to drop the bomb we are choosing not to kill the enemy.

If difference is, in the second scenario, the enemy is already dead then  a second decision is made to proceed to kill the children.  that's why those scenarios are very different.

Imagine a US soldier after taking out a Taliban strong hold, killing 30 taliban soldiers, then an hour later proceeding to the village and killing ever man woman and child.  Would that be the same as collateral damage?  Would world see it that way?  Would men of honor and goodness see it that way?

As for offspring.  How do we know they all will agree to be trained to kill americans?  How do we all know they will actually do it?  Aren't we sentencing long before the act?  Is that right?  Is that good?  Killing someone because of what they might do, is still cold blooded murder especially if it is resorted to killing children.  Until they commit the crime, they are innocent, no matter what age they are.

Are you suggesting we go into villages and kill every one over a certain age because of what they might do?

I'm not suggesting we kill anyone.  I'm only focusing on the killing of noncombatants in war and whether that killing is "intentional."  I think your attempt to single out a story in the Bible and distinguish it from what we have done throughout history is inconsistent.  You have condoned war in the past, just like I have.  War always kills noncombatants.  From that standpoint, you really cannot reasonably separate yourself from the murderous God you're talking about.   

Most noncombatant fatalities are probably innocent.  They're still dead.  They're still dead as a result of military action.  Our military action is always "intentional."

War is tragic.  But it's a necessary evil.         

You haven't indicated where you draw the line.  At what age do you consider a person too young to be targeted in war and how do you make that distinction?   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2009, 07:09:48 PM »
I'm not suggesting we kill anyone.  I'm only focusing on the killing of noncombatants in war and whether that killing is "intentional."  I think your attempt to single out a story in the Bible and distinguish it from what we have done throughout history is inconsistent.  You have condoned war in the past, just like I have.  War always kills noncombatants.  From that standpoint, you really cannot reasonably separate yourself from the murderous God you're talking about.      Most noncombatant fatalities are probably innocent.  They're still dead.  They're still dead as a result of military action.  Our military action is always "intentional."

War is tragic.  But it's a necessary evil.         

You haven't indicated where you draw the line.  At what age do you consider a person too young to be targeted in war and how do you make that distinction?   

It's very consistent.  What happened in the bible with the Amalekites was genocide.  After defeating the Amalekites on the field of battle (unless they brought their wives, children and new borns on the field of battle) they proceeded to murder in cold blood every remaining man and all the women and children of that peoples.

That's no different than the USA defeating a country's army and then (separate action) going into the cities and towns and killing every remaining man women and child.

It would be considered genocide now and a barbaric war crime now and it applies back then.

War kills non-combatants.  no argument.  but when children are murdered in a premeditated, deliberate, unnecessary, avoidable, and separate act that is not involved in the actual battle it is cold blooded murder. Just as I've outlined in a the several examples showing the differences.  This is what separates me from the alleged deity described in the OT. 

Also, I already told you.  If they haven't done anything we have no right to kill them. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2009, 07:40:44 PM »
It's very consistent.  What happened in the bible with the Amalekites was genocide.  After defeating the Amalekites on the field of battle (unless they brought their wives, children and new borns on the field of battle) they proceeded to murder in cold blood every remaining man and all the women and children of that peoples.

That's no different than the USA defeating a country's army and then (separate action) going into the cities and towns and killing every remaining man women and child.

It would be considered genocide now and a barbaric war crime now and it applies back then.

War kills non-combatants.  no argument.  but when children are murdered in a premeditated, deliberate, unnecessary, avoidable, and separate act that is not involved in the actual battle it is cold blooded murder. Just as I've outlined in a the several examples showing the differences.  This is what separates me from the alleged deity described in the OT. 

Also, I already told you.  If they haven't done anything we have no right to kill them. 

I haven't studied military history much, so I'm not sure what the rules of engagement were thousands of years ago.  Maybe the ROE didn't account for collateral damage much.  Maybe there were generational problems with the kids of enemies becoming killers. 

We'll have to agree to disagree on the moral distinction when it comes to kids being killed in war.  Kids who die in war are killed by premeditated, deliberate acts.  You can say the intent is different, but it is hard to reach that conclusion when we know that noncombatants will die before we begin the military action.  From that standpoint, the kids' deaths are completely avoidable.  I think a more consistent position would be to oppose all war. 

You haven't told me where you draw the line.  I'm asking about the age group.  Is it adults?  Teenagers?  Preteens?   

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2009, 08:05:27 PM »
That is in a war.  Children/innocent people die in wars unintentionally.  That's different than defeating an army on the field of battle then proceeding to a village and killing all the women and children in a second deliberate act of cold blooded murder.

OzmO, in that war, Jesus and the Holy angels will be the warriors. Perfect Jesus and his perfect angels can't make mistakes. Whoever dies in that war, will be intentional death brought on by Christ Jesus and his angels. Those children will have been executed by divine forces. Big difference when compared to imperfect men going to do battle. I just don't understand how you only believe the ONE part in the Scriptures that discusses salvation based on faith in Jesus death.

How do you conclude that this part of the Bible IS the WOG, yet the other parts that Jesus, either promoted or directly was quoted as saying, to not be the WOG? I don't understand your reasoning on this. I know how you feel when it comes to destroying innocents, whether adult or child, however, you and I are imperfect people. How can either one of us refute what Jesus taught? If we had complete understanding, reasoning, intellect, and the like, then yeah, I could understand us being able to bring this to his table, although I personally wouldn't argue with Christ. However, we don't have those capabilities. Shouldn't we trust in what Jesus teaches?

GC/DEA_AGENT

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2009, 08:08:25 PM »
I haven't studied military history much, so I'm not sure what the rules of engagement were thousands of years ago.  Maybe the ROE didn't account for collateral damage much.  Maybe there were generational problems with the kids of enemies becoming killers. 

In my opinion ROE's have nothing to do with it because they are 2 acts separate from each other.

Also, it's not right to kill someone for something they might or might not do.  I've been told there were many Amalekites living in peace with the Jews who were not exterminated.  

Kids who die in war are killed by premeditated, deliberate acts.

I can agree with that except for these distinctions:

-  The enemy was targeted in those acts not the children and any deaths of innocent people are collateral damage
-  Killing the children as I've outlined is a separate act from the battle
-  My contention does not involve deaths resulting from collateral damage, although I believe it's unfortunate and should be avoided when ever possible

You can say the intent is different, but it is hard to reach that conclusion when we know that noncombatants will die before we begin the military action.

Another way to show the difference.  The killing of children in a separate act after the military action is over (as i outlined) is murder.  That's how the genocide of the Amalekites was carried through.  And that's how a modern day genocide would occur.  The opposition would be destroyed (act 1) and the murdering of the innocent would begin (act 2).  

Killing undefended children after (not during) their protection is eliminated is not a military action, it's murder.

From that standpoint, the kids' deaths are completely avoidable

Still more ways to show the difference.  In essence they are, however you still have the enemy at large attacking you.  The enemy must eliminated and part of that process may unfortunately include the deaths of innocent people.  What happened with the Amalikites, because they don't have modern weapons like cluster bombs and JDAM's, is the enemy of the Jews were eliminated and afterwards the rest of the them were murdered allegedly on God's orders.

I think a more consistent position would be to oppose all war.  

I oppose murdering innocent children after the enemy on the field of battle has been eliminated.  

You haven't told me where you draw the line.  I'm asking about the age group.  Is it adults?  Teenagers?  Preteens?    

I already told you.  If they haven't done anything we have no right to kill them.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2009, 08:10:32 PM »
OzmO, in that war, Jesus and the Holy angels will be the warriors. Perfect Jesus and his perfect angels can't make mistakes. Whoever dies in that war, will be intentional death brought on by Christ Jesus and his angels. Those children will have been executed by divine forces. Big difference when compared to imperfect men going to do battle. I just don't understand how you only believe the ONE part in the Scriptures that discusses salvation based on faith in Jesus death.

How do you conclude that this part of the Bible IS the WOG, yet the other parts that Jesus, either promoted or directly was quoted as saying, to not be the WOG? I don't understand your reasoning on this. I know how you feel when it comes to destroying innocents, whether adult or child, however, you and I are imperfect people. How can either one of us refute what Jesus taught? If we had complete understanding, reasoning, intellect, and the like, then yeah, I could understand us being able to bring this to his table, although I personally wouldn't argue with Christ. However, we don't have those capabilities. Shouldn't we trust in what Jesus teaches?

GC/DEA_AGENT
How can you conclude there is such a thing as a perfect angel?

Also, how can you conclude that the scriptures are WOG since they were decided by men, 300 years after his death?

I'm not arguing what Jesus taught.  I'm arguing what man has attached to Jesus's teaching; Paul's letters, the politics involved in the assembly of what is or not is included in the Bible, the lack of real documents, the many contradictions, the barbaric morals of the times it was written, etc.. 

At the very essence, Jesus's message is clear.  the rest is doctrine.  the rest is man.  Convoluted and used by churches/man through out history.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2009, 08:22:06 PM »
Another thing.  If God is omnipotent, why does there have to be a battle in the first place?  Why would he need angels or what ever else?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2009, 07:21:11 AM »

1. Who should feed them? 
Nobody!!! Reason to be explained below.

2. What would be the right thing to do with the children?
3. What do people/governments do in modern times?
4. What did the allies do in WW2 with many orphan children of nazis?

2,3, and 4 are all predicated on one aspect, something the Amalekites DID NOT do, but the Germans and Japanese did: Surrender, Make Peace, Cease with attacks and assaults.

Because they did this, the allies in WW2 helped out the orphans and aided in putting these countries back together.

Such was NOT the case Amalek. As shown repeatedly throughout the Old Testament, as soon as their numbers grew again, the Amalekites went right back on the attack. And this went on and on, for centuries. Based on that, there is no obligation on Israel’s part to take care of Amalek’s young.

Who said anything about leaving them in the dessert to starve to death?

That would be you, based on your repeated rants about "slavery", regarding Israel's assimilation of the children and women of other enemies.

Were they to do that with the Amalekite remnants, it would have been under the same rules.

Therefore, those children are basically DEAD, either by the sword or by starvation.

What both of you refuse to acknowledge is that killing the children separate act from killing the parents. 

Again, you're playing semantics. Leaving them to starve and die (since assimilation is out, based on your "slavery" rants) or to get picked off by someone else is no different than the sword.

What fell on to the children was cold blooded murder by savage self righteous primitive men.  Nothing more.

What fell on them was judgment, based on the action of their parents and ancestors. As the Bible has repeatedly shown, the sins of the fathers often had dire consequences, which fell upon their sons.

And, that the one principle that bugs you the most, which has basically spawned all of these threads you've produced over the last month.

Just as God has blessed people collectively, He has also cursed people collectively. Good behavior  can bless you and your family; Evil behavior can curse you and your family. And, the higher in authority you are, the more people are affected (one way or the other) by your actions.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2009, 08:35:16 AM »
Nobody!!! Reason to be explained below.

2,3, and 4 are all predicated on one aspect, something the Amalekites DID NOT do, but the Germans and Japanese did: Surrender, Make Peace, Cease with attacks and assaults.

Because they did this, the allies in WW2 helped out the orphans and aided in putting these countries back together.

That's where you don't seem to get it.  The Amalikites were already defeated on the field of battle.  Even if Germans and the Japanese continued to fight, we wouldn't have exterminated them.  As soon as their Army was rendered ineffective and inoperable we would have ceased attack their cities.  The example i gave with the US soldier outlines this exactly.

Such was NOT the case Amalek. As shown repeatedly throughout the Old Testament, as soon as their numbers grew again, the Amalekites went right back on the attack. And this went on and on, for centuries. Based on that, there is no obligation on Israel’s part to take care of Amalek’s young.

It wouldn't matter if it were 2000 years.  You don't kill children for what they might do when they grow up. Fact is, according to you there were Amalekites living peacefully with the Jews, showing that it's more than possible.

That would be you, based on your repeated rants about "slavery", regarding Israel's assimilation of the children and women of other enemies.

Were they to do that with the Amalekite remnants, it would have been under the same rules.

Therefore, those children are basically DEAD, either by the sword or by starvation.
No, that's you trying to put words in my mouth by tying these 2 issues together.

Did we enslave the Japanese people?
Did we enslave the Germans?
Did we enslave Iraqis?

Again, you're playing semantics. Leaving them to starve and die (since assimilation is out, based on your "slavery" rants) or to get picked off by someone else is no different than the sword.

Leaving them to starve is not the only option. 

What did we do with the Germans?
What did we do with the Japanese?
What did we do with the Iraqis?

We defeated their Armies on the field of battle, did we let have to enslave them?  did we have to let them starve to death?

What fell on them was judgment, based on the action of their parents and ancestors. As the Bible has repeatedly shown, the sins of the fathers often had dire consequences, which fell upon their sons.

What the bible has repeatedly shown is that it was written by primitive men who justify the murder of a child in cold blood by the cop out of blaming it on the sins of their parents when it was avoidable.

And, that the one principle that bugs you the most, which has basically spawned all of these threads you've produced over the last month.

What bugs me is the dismissive attitude towards the murder of a child when it's avoidable and lame reasoning behind it.

Just as God has blessed people collectively, He has also cursed people collectively. Good behavior  can bless you and your family; Evil behavior can curse you and your family. And, the higher in authority you are, the more people are affected (one way or the other) by your actions.

God curses people eh?  IS he a witch too?  This is more evidence that it's all a book of myths and stories written by primitive men.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2009, 08:37:52 AM »
Wow...just like the energizer bunny.
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2009, 08:49:28 AM »
The Amalikites were already defeated on the field of battle.

Please expand on this or post the other person's quote.  I am really interested.  Were they really already defeated on the filed of battle?  Was there even a "filed of battle."?  I'm not saying that there was or that there wasn't.  I just want to know where you get this from.

Fact is, according to you there were Amalekites living peacefully with the Jews, showing that it's more than possible.

Please expand on this too, or quote MCWAY.  I am really interested in this too.

To bring other readers up to speed:

THE TRUTH about The Amalekites

The Amalekites were nomadic, desert people.  They were not a settled people like the Canaanites.

The Amalekites attacked the Israelites without apparent provocation as they were travelling during the Exodus:

Exodus 17:8
The Amalekites came and attacked the Israelites at Rephidim.

The Amalekites targeted the weak and weary, children, elders, cripples, etc., who were lagging behind:

Deuteronomy 25:17-18
Remember what the Amalekites did to you along the way when you came out of Egypt. When you were weary and worn out, they met you on your journey and cut off all who were lagging behind; they had no fear of God.

Many years later, The Amalekites attacked Israel again:

Judges 3:13
Getting the Ammonites and Amalekites to join him, Eglon came and attacked Israel, and they took possession of the City of Palms

The Amalekites often raided the Israelites' land after they had planted crops, leaving them with nothing:

Judges 6:2-5
2 Because the power of Midian was so oppressive, the Israelites prepared shelters for themselves in mountain clefts, caves and strongholds. 3 Whenever the Israelites planted their crops, the Midianites, Amalekites and other eastern peoples invaded the country. 4 They camped on the land and ruined the crops all the way to Gaza and did not spare a living thing for Israel, neither sheep nor cattle nor donkeys. 5 They came up with their livestock and their tents like swarms of locusts. It was impossible to count the men and their camels; they invaded the land to ravage it.

After about 300 years of nations suffering in the hands of the Amalekites, God finally punished the Amalekites.  Notice that God had given them plenty of time to repent and turn from their evil ways.  Notice too that for 300 years, younger generations of the Amalekites were no better than their fathers, but their wickedness only increased and they continued to raid and plunder other cities.

1 Samuel 15:2
This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.' "

1 Samuel 14:48
He fought valiantly and defeated the Amalekites, delivering Israel from the hands of those who had plundered them.

Although Saul defeated the Amalekites, he disobayed God and, in his own wisdom, decided to let some of the Amalekites live.  What were the consequences?  Some 30 or so years later, the Amalekites regrouped, multiplied, increased in numbers and wickedness, and resumed their raiding and plundering, again. 

The Amalekites burned down cities, raided other people in the land, and took survivors as slaves for slave trade:

1 Samuel 30:1-4
1 David and his men reached Ziklag on the third day. Now the Amalekites had raided the Negev and Ziklag. They had attacked Ziklag and burned it, 2 and had taken captive the women and all who were in it, both young and old. They killed none of them, but carried them off as they went on their way.  3 When David and his men came to Ziklag, they found it destroyed by fire and their wives and sons and daughters taken captive. 4 So David and his men wept aloud until they had no strength left to weep.

Saul should have listened to God and obeyed Him.  This is what happens when we think that we know better than God.

It is very unlikely that the Amalekites had among them any weak people(handicapped, elderly, chronically ill, deformed, crippled, weak males, etc.), much like the Spartans.  They could not afford to be slowed down by the weak.  They had room only for those who could directly or indirectly contribute to their plundering, such as women to produce children who would be raised to become evil raiders like their parents.  Their history is evidence of this.

1 Samuel 30:11-13
11 They found an Egyptian in a field and brought him to David. They gave him water to drink and food to eat- 12 part of a cake of pressed figs and two cakes of raisins. He ate and was revived, for he had not eaten any food or drunk any water for three days and three nights.  13 David asked him, "To whom do you belong, and where do you come from?" He said, "I am an Egyptian, the slave of an Amalekite. My master abandoned me when I became ill three days ago.

God gave the Amalekites plenty of time to repent and turn from their evil ways.  But not only did God withhold punishing the Amalekites for many years, but God's law also allowed for any good Amalekites, if any existed, and their children to leave their people and join Israel.  As evil as the Amalekites were, any good people among them would have been more than willing to leave.  But where would they go?  The Amalekites' allies were just as evil, and the Amalekites' enemies would not have welcomed them, except Israel.  

Leviticus 19:34
The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Exodus 22:21
"Do not mistreat an alien or oppress him, for you were aliens in Egypt.

Exodus 23:9
"Do not oppress an alien; you yourselves know how it feels to be aliens, because you were aliens in Egypt.

Leviticus 19:10
Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 25:35
" 'If one of your countrymen becomes poor and is unable to support himself among you, help him as you would an alien or a temporary resident, so he can continue to live among you.

Deuteronomy 10:18
He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing.

Deuteronomy 14:28-29
 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year's produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the aliens, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

Deuteronomy 23:7
Do not abhor an Edomite, for he is your brother. Do not abhor an Egyptian, because you lived as an alien in his country.

That's history written by the victors. 

No, this is not history written by the victors.  Israel did not leave what they considered their own criminal acts out of their own writings.  Anyone who has read the Old Testament history and prophetic writings could see this.  The Old Testament record is literally filled with their evil, especially of the elites and religious authorities!   And, they never seem to have a problem describing how frequently they get defeated in battle, for their texts are filled with their defeats too.

If this is not from God, then who is it from?  Why would Israel make up a story that God told them not to take anything from the Amalikites, no gold, no animals, no food, no prisoner salves, nothing.  If Israel was not allowed to take anything, even after the Amalekites had taken so much from Israel, what was Israel's motivation then?  That does not make any sense.

Why would Israel make up a story that God commanded them to completely destroy the Amalekites, and then disobey God's command and let some of the Amalekites go, as king Saul did?  That doesn't make any sense either.

The only explanation is that this was from God.  God gave the Amalekites plenty of time to repent.  God gave any good Amalekite a way out by leaving their people and taking refuge in Israel.  Israel was unable to adopt the Amalekite children and did not leave them behind to die a slow, painful death.  The blood of the Amalekite children is on the head of their parents, not on Israel and not on God.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2009, 09:19:14 AM »

You, on the other hand, have falsely accused Bible believing Christians on this board of genocide and infanticide.

I'm still waiting for you to show me where I've accused Christians on this board of genocide and infanticide.

In the mean time, read up on warfare in general, what happens before a battle what happens after a battle or war.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #168 on: April 02, 2009, 09:25:14 AM »
I'm still waiting for you to show me where I've accused Christians on this board of genocide and infanticide.

In the mean time, read up on warfare in general, what happens before a battle what happens after a battle or war.

I hate the State.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2009, 09:32:12 AM »

Not the Kenites, who lived among them, not the Amalekites who lived in Israel (or any who made peace with Israel).

This was in response to me saying every amalikite was killed.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #170 on: April 02, 2009, 09:36:08 AM »

If you insist that you do not accuse Christians and Jews of genocide and infanticide simply for believing that the Old Testament is the word of God, then let that go on record here.

I apologize if I misunderstood you and thank you for making the above clear for everyone here!

Sure, I'll do that.  But please answer my questions above.  Like I said, I want to know when this was said about the Amalekites specifically and where you get it from.  Thanks!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #171 on: April 02, 2009, 09:40:07 AM »
This was in response to me saying every amalikite was killed.

Thanks!  I will now let MCWAY answer for himself, but saying that any good Amalekites, if any did exist, had the opportunity to join Israel and live in peace with them does not mean that they actually did.  I was wondering if there is a record in the Bible of any Amalekite living in peace with Israel.

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #172 on: April 02, 2009, 10:06:46 AM »
Not in the traditional Christian sense,

In what sense do you believe he exists?  Do you believe him to be evil?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #173 on: April 02, 2009, 11:56:59 AM »
In what sense do you believe he exists?  Do you believe him to be evil?

Why are you so certain it is the Christian god? Why not one of the thousands of others worshipped by men?
I hate the State.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #174 on: April 02, 2009, 12:06:52 PM »
Why are you so certain it is the Christian god? Why not one of the thousands of others worshipped by men?

If I had to guess it's because that's what his parents brought him up to believe.
DAWG