Author Topic: KNEE WRAPS  (Read 2959 times)

brent2741

• Getbig IV
KNEE WRAPS
« on: February 28, 2009, 09:11:22 AM »
Which knee wraps are the best, im thinking about either inzer z wraps or the inzer true black wraps. Which ones do you think are the best?

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Re: KNEE WRAPS
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 10:34:00 AM »
It depends on your taste and use of the wraps. I dont do PL meets but have used Inzer Z wraps on max attempts for years and like them just fine. I dont wrap competition tight though. There are much stiffer wraps out there though.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 11:53:51 AM »
Inzer Z-Wraps are still the best deal overall IMO.
Their True Blacks truly suck.
Titan's new version of the Titanium wrap, the 09, is touted as 'just as good' as the Z-Wrap.
But that remains to be seen, I'll probably check out pair soon.     
As empty as paradise

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 12:31:50 PM »
I'm a noob when it comes to kneewraps, so how much extra weight do they allow you to handle in the squat? 20-40lb?

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 03:20:51 PM »
I really feel the weight added is negligible but I never wrapped very tight. Now I just use Rehband sleeves which add nothing. "If you're wrapping it yourself, it isnt tight enough" is what I've heard.

I have heard other people say that if they get it very tight they can add as much as 50-60lbs! That seems like a lot of carryover to me though.

20-40lbs seems more reasonable.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 04:21:43 PM »
Inzer Z-Wraps are still the best deal overall IMO.
Their True Blacks truly suck.
Titan's new version of the Titanium wrap, the 09, is touted as 'just as good' as the Z-Wrap.
But that remains to be seen, I'll probably check out pair soon.     

shit... I just ordered a pair of True Blacks to play around with/for my wife to use (she doesnt' like Z wraps for some reason).   I hadn't heard much about them and thought what the heck, I'll try them.  They've got to be better than the white ones. 

z wraps have proven their worth over and over and over.  I've got a pair Ive had for years i use fore regular training.  they are great wraps. 

What about APT's.  Which ones are their best now? 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 04:52:51 PM »
Update: wrapped a buddy during warmups with new pair of Titan Titaniums 09 - after that one set he decided to go with the Z-wraps instead.

The Z-Wraps are just 'fatter', still they stretch out a whole lot, unlike the Titan THP's.

I haven't tried any APT wraps and the only reviews I see are from guys who are sponsored by APT.

Go figure.   
As empty as paradise

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 08:04:46 AM »
ok well i bought the inzer Z wraps, so thanks for everyones advice