Author Topic: UFC 96 official weigh-in results  (Read 631 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
UFC 96 official weigh-in results
« on: March 06, 2009, 05:58:10 PM »
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A battle some have deemed unnecessary earned a little bit of character today as Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Keith Jardine stood toe-to-toe after officially making weight for Saturday night's UFC 96 main event.

Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, which is the same venue that hosts Saturday's pay-per-view event, held today's weigh-ins.

Jackson, Jardine and the 18 other fighters competing at UFC 96 all made weight without incident.

"It's going to be a great fight," Jardine told event emcee Joe Rogan after weighing in. "Two guys are going to go out there and try and claim the center of the octagon. One guy is going to last. One guy's not."

Jackson said he would be sacrificing everything in order to put on a great show.

"I'm putting everything on the line," Jackson said with an intense scowl. "I'm going to do my thing. I'm going to put it down. I'm going to get wild in that cage tomorrow. That's for real."

UFC 96 features a main event between former UFC light heavyweight champion Jackson and Jardine, and the night's co-feature pits fan favorite Matt Hamill against UFC newcomer and former Division I national wrestling champion Mark Munoz.

Full weigh-in results include:

MAIN CARD

Quinton Jackson (205) vs. Keith Jardine (204)
Shane Carwin (259.5) vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (257.5)
Matt Brown (170.5) vs. Pete Sell (170)
Matt Hamill (205) vs. Mark Munoz (204.5)
Gray Maynard (155) vs. Jim Miller (154.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD

Ryan Madigan (169) vs. Tamdan McCrory (170)
Jason Day (184.5) vs. Kendall Grove (185)
Tim Boetsch (205) vs. Jason Brilz (204)
Michael Patt (204.5) vs. Brandon Vera (205)
Shane Nelson (155) vs. Aaron Riley (155)