Author Topic: Obama Administration Stabs Gun Owners in the Back !  (Read 5716 times)

James

Obama Administration Stabs Gun Owners in the Back !
« on: March 16, 2009, 12:13:16 PM »
Obama Administration Stabs Gun Owners in the Back (DoD Surplus Brass No Longer Sold for Reloading)

Obama Administration Stabs Gun Owners in the Back (DoD Surplus Brass No Longer Sold for Reloading)
Townhall ^ | March 16, 2009 | John Caile

We warned you that Barak Obama would publicly deny his radical anti-gun agenda, while engaging in "stealth" attacks on private gun ownership. The most recent example is a directive from the Department of Defense that will severely aggravate the current ammunition shortage.

For those who either don't own guns (or have been living in a cave) supplies of ammunition are getting alarmingly low. Many retailers report shelves virtually empty of popular pistol and rifle ammo.

Most ammunition manufacturers depend on reclaiming used brass cartridge cases from the military, that are then recycled to make new ammunition. It is a system that has benefited both the military and the private sector, not to mention saving the taxpayer's money.

So it is beyond comprehension at a time of serious ammunition shortages, as well as budget shortfalls, that ammunition manufacturers would receive a letter stating the following:

"Effective immediately DOD Surplus, LLC, will be implementing new requirements for mutilation of fired shell casings. The new DRMS requirement calls for DOD Surplus personnel to witness the mutilation of the property and sign the Certificate of Destruction.

Mutilation of the property can be done at the DRMO, if permitted by the Government, or it may be mutilated at a site chosen by the buyer. Mutilation means that the property will be destroyed to the extent prevents its reuse or reconstruction. DOD Surplus personnel will determine when property has been sufficiently mutilated to meet the requirements of the Government."

Now, one has to be curious about WHO suddenly decided to mandate a new policy that makes a bad situation worse, has no benefit to the military, and will result in an increase in costs to the American taxpayer, precisely when the government is running a gigantic deficit.

But of course we know the real reason behind such actions - after losing a number of elections both locally and nationally, the anti-gun radicals have learned that the way to succeed is to avoid highly public confrontations like wholesale gun bans.

Instead they have adopted "incrementalism" - stealth campaigns that slowly rob legitimate gun owners of their ability to exercise their rights. They know that they don't need to take your guns away if they can simply make it more and more complex, expensive, and difficult to own and use your guns.

So, obviously, something like an ammo shortage is a dream come true for the gun haters. Why bother with their guns when simply denying them ammunition makes their firearms useless?

One wonders when gun owners who were stupid enough to have voted for Obama (and his like minded Democrats in the Congress) will finally stop denying the obvious.

http://havegunwillvote.blogtownhall.com/2009/03/16/obama_administration_stabs_gun_owners_in_the_back.thtml

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Obama Administration Stabs Gun Owners in the Back !
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 12:17:49 PM »
Well it beats shooting them in the back huh?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 12:40:58 PM »
Well it beats shooting them in the back huh?

This is more typical liberal insanity at its worst. 

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 01:50:22 PM »
Holy shit...well, the country was warned about Obama and Biden.  People just don't understand how ammo prices will go up because of this. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 02:04:58 PM »
Holy shit...well, the country was warned about Obama and Biden.  People just don't understand how ammo prices will go up because of this. 

First off, that is part of the plan.   Make ammo too expensive.

Second, there is already an ammo shortage.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 02:49:33 PM »

very true, ppl where yelling about something like this for a while now its simply horse shit fellas

Like ive said you guys need to reload your own shit, its not that complicated and it saves you money to boot especially in times like these and the future with barry in office.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 02:50:23 PM »

Third, all the smart people bought their guns and ammo back in early 2008 when it became obvious to anyone with a brain that a major change election was coming and dems were going to win big.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 02:52:02 PM »
Third, all the smart people bought their guns and ammo back in early 2008 when it became obvious to anyone with a brain that a major change election was coming and dems were going to win big.

Well, some of us like to go to the range and shoot and keep our skills honed in. 

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 03:31:44 PM »
Can ammo "go bad?"  I googled it and some say yes, some say no.
R

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 03:33:36 PM »
while im sure that it can given the right conditions it would probably take a really long time.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 05:10:09 PM »
Well, some of us like to go to the range and shoot and keep our skills honed in. 

hahaha some of us are able to stock up for both range trips, and lib rule.

It'll be cheap again in 2016, when President Jebbers sunsets some Obama/holder gun bill.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 05:13:42 PM »
I'm more upset that you're paying people and wasting money to destroy the shells.

I'm very unhappy by this... If this trend continues, the current POTUS will not be receiving my vote in 2012.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 05:19:45 PM »
hahaha some of us are able to stock up for both range trips, and lib rule.

It'll be cheap again in 2016, when President Jebbers sunsets some Obama/holder gun bill.
ahhh yes the old pendulum theory which is simply ignorant...again the right simply goes back to the status quo the left tries to push for more and more reform and bans...meaning a move to the left.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 05:30:47 PM »
ahhh yes the old pendulum theory which is simply ignorant...again the right simply goes back to the status quo the left tries to push for more and more reform and bans...meaning a move to the left.

1) It's already been proven to exist.   Repubs and Dems keep trading the white house.  Neither party has been able to dominate in, um, how many decades?  ;)

If you think repub rule is the "status quo", you are not aware of how much the middle class shrunk from 2001 to 2009.  Read about it.  The rich got richer.  The poor didn't get a fckin thing.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 05:32:40 PM »
Let me ask you this question - are the prices on ammo up?
And by how much?
As empty as paradise

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 05:35:31 PM »
This is more typical liberal insanity at its worst. 

Are we sure Obama (not that it would surprise me) was behind this?  I didn't read the entire thing.
S

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 05:36:07 PM »
1) It's already been proven to exist.   Repubs and Dems keep trading the white house.  Neither party has been able to dominate in, um, how many decades?  ;)

If you think repub rule is the "status quo", you are not aware of how much the middle class shrunk from 2001 to 2009.  Read about it.  The rich got richer.  The poor didn't get a fckin thing.
OMG youre retarded by status quo i was referring to the bans and such on guns and gun related topics...tell me that the right passes more laws that make it ok for everybody to carry fully automatic guns etc...NO they simply repeal the ignorance of the left, now when the left gets in they try and go one step further then they did last time I.E. A MOVE TO THE LEFT...the fact i had to spell that out for you is telling.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 05:38:05 PM »

The contents of the round are completely sealed, so I would imagine they're good for a long long long long time if stored in a decent environment.   ???

Seems like a shotgun shell would be more susceptible to moisture.  ???
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 05:39:06 PM »
OMG youre retarded by status quo i was referring to the bans and such on guns and gun related topics...tell me that the right passes more laws that make it ok for everybody to carry fully automatic guns etc...NO they simply repeal the ignorance of the left, now when the left gets in they try and go one step further then they did last time I.E. A MOVE TO THE LEFT...the fact i had to spell that out for you is telling.

The USA (under republican rule) is one of the most free gun-friendly nations in the world.  Bush rule was not "staus quo", it was "gun owners get hooked the F up!", and I was very happy with it.

Maybe it was status quo to you - how it should be.

But compared to US history - or the WORLD - Bush rule was some sweet ass gunowner time, baby.

Hell, that gun show loophole is STILL open, and even a gun nut like myself sees that as some serious dirt to hook up the bad guys.

Obama will make it suck for gunowners.
Pre Jeb or Pres Cantor will hook us up.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2009, 05:40:22 PM »

I'm not reading everything real well, but I think 240's deal is just accepting the system we live in.  They provide us with "order", and fuck with us just enough that we won't revolt.  Republicans fuck with us for four years, dems fuck with us for four years in a different way.

Not that I'm saying I agree with 240, that's just how I view his opinion.
S

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2009, 05:45:22 PM »
The USA (under republican rule) is one of the most free gun-friendly nations in the world.  Bush rule was not "staus quo", it was "gun owners get hooked the F up!", and I was very happy with it.

Maybe it was status quo to you - how it should be.

But compared to US history - or the WORLD - Bush rule was some sweet ass gunowner time, baby.

Hell, that gun show loophole is STILL open, and even a gun nut like myself sees that as some serious dirt to hook up the bad guys.

Obama will make it suck for gunowners.
Pre Jeb or Pres Cantor will hook us up.

YOU ARE STILL MISSING THE POINT, when reps get in control the repeal the lefts bans etc...I.E. no more movement to the right, it always goes back to lets just call it level 0 for shits and giggles. When the left gets in control the try to surpass the last bans etc...they were able to implement the last time around so lets spell this out for you...

dem control level 3
rep control level 0
dem control level 5
rep control level 0
dem control level 7
rep control level 2
dem control level 9
rep control level 4

You see how this is a constant move to the left?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2009, 05:45:31 PM »
Repubs hook up the rich people.
Dems hook up the poor people.

The middle class decides elections, since rich ppl vote repub 99% of time, and poor ppl vote dem 99% of the time.

Dems grow the middle class by giving rich ppl's $ to poor people.
When the middle class gets big enough, they feel rich, and they vote Repub.

Under repub rule, middle class shrinks until the poor are 51% of voters, and dems win.

It's not rocket science, but some ppl just can't see this simple concept.  You need two parties to trade rule every 8 or 12 years.  Without it, you'd have 1% of country rich and 99% poor (repub rule forever) .... or you'd have all the rich folks leaving because they're tired of giving all their $ to the poor (dem rule forever)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2009, 05:45:59 PM »
I'm not reading everything real well, but I think 240's deal is just accepting the system we live in.  They provide us with "order", and fuck with us just enough that we won't revolt.  Republicans fuck with us for four years, dems fuck with us for four years in a different way.

Not that I'm saying I agree with 240, that's just how I view his opinion.
I understand what he is saying but that is irrelevant to my point.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2009, 05:49:21 PM »
You need two parties to trade rule every 8 or 12 years.

Don't you think 3 or 4 or 5 or 10 would be better?

Honestly, think of how stupid the majority of people are.  Sometimes I think the only way to keep order is a system like we have where policy is manipulated by certain (smart?) people?  ???
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2009, 05:49:25 PM »
YOU ARE STILL MISSING THE POINT, when reps get in control the repeal the lefts bans etc...I.E. no more movement to the right, it always goes back to lets just call it level 0 for shits and giggles. When the left gets in control the try to surpass the last bans etc...they were able to implement the last time around so lets spell this out for you...

dem control level 3
rep control level 0
dem control level 5
rep control level 0
dem control level 7
rep control level 2
dem control level 9
rep control level 4

You see how this is a constant move to the left?

You just made those numbers up.

I saw the Bush presidency as the best. time. ever. to buy guns!

You could buy anything online.
Online pricing made for buyer's advantage.
Rifles were dirt cheap.  handguns were dirt cheap.
Ammo was dirt cheap.

It rocked.  And we all should have seen from the 1992 economy/war lesson that there was no way a Bush could defeat an inexperienced upstart chanting change.  And we all should have known it would cost more for guns for 4 to 8 years.  And in 2016, Pres Repub will win.  And gun manufacturers will start flooding the market like we saw in 2004.