Author Topic: whole eggs  (Read 4695 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: whole eggs
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2009, 12:53:34 PM »
The egg yolks were "supposedly" linked to high "dietary" cholesterol. The cholesterol levels one would be worried about specifically would be 'blood serum levels' (overall) of cholesterol--even more specifically: "LDLs" Low Density Lipoproteins.

Your genetic makeup would be the deciding factor in how much food would actually affect your liver's daily output. If you eat more (dietary) cholesterol, your liver may make less. If you eat less cholesterol, your liver may make more.

Consequently, there are specific substances in an egg yolk that have the capacity to lower blood serum levels of cholesterol. This is lecithin. Some studies in the past have shown that lecithin was nearly as effective (for some) as a statin drug.

Many people with high cholesterol live to be healthy old folks. My dad is 82 and has been eating eggs for breakfast 5 days a week... that is how he was raised. Some folks may have low cholesterol and develop heart disease.

This is the funny thing to me about doctors right away recommending a better diet and exercise when they find you have high overall cholesterol levels. Sure, a better diet has a great synergistic effect for the body combined with exercise, but if the liver has already decided on its output levels of cholesterol, rarely will diet and exercise change those levels significantly.

generally folks with cholesterol levels that are too high end up on a statin drug prescription... for life.

QFT...
I hate the State.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2009, 03:05:43 PM »
Eggs ARE NOT superior to beef/red meat.  That is fucking retarded.  Beef has lots of naturally occurring creatine in it of which eggs do not.  Saying one is better is not based on scientific fact, only opinion.  It's stupid trying to argue mlk is better than eggs are better than beef etc.  Top three things to build muscle are eggs, milk and beef.  Preferably all three raw. 
as far as a source of protein, yes it is. now when taking into account other nutrients other than amino acids, your correct than eggs or egg whites cant be superior overall, but within the context of amino acid content...its accurate to say egg whites are superior.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2009, 06:32:04 PM »
as far as a source of protein, yes it is. now when taking into account other nutrients other than amino acids, your correct than eggs or egg whites cant be superior overall, but within the context of amino acid content...its accurate to say egg whites are superior.

And then there is "bioavailability, protein efficiency ratio, and net protein utilization"-- all of the ratings give slight to great differences in values for the same foods, but eggs always rise to the top of the list. Eggs are indeed one of nature's best and most concentrated sources of protein.

On another note, (while we are carrying on a civilized debate) There is no reason for healthy people who are eating adequate calories form a variety of foods to be concerned with the protein-quality ratings of individual animal or vegetable proteins. People who are total freaking "Vegans" will require more protein than those who eat animal proteins, but here in the U.S of A, almost every-fking-one EXCEEDS his/her protein/calorie/carb/fat needs.

Carry on...

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2009, 12:02:08 PM »
well the way i've always looked at it is..

an entire living thing can grow from what's inside one single egg. ... and if there was just whites in there it would be different. but there's not..so eating the whole thing makes sense to me.