Author Topic: whole eggs  (Read 4694 times)

wild willie

• Getbig V
whole eggs
« on: March 19, 2009, 01:48:18 PM »
Do you eat whole eggs or just egg whites?

I feel like whole eggs reall aren't that bad for you.

I have heard that there is really no scientific proof that whole eggs are unhealthy.

what say you????

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: whole eggs
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 01:50:28 PM »
there not unhealthy in anyway, in fact they have many positive effects on overall health.

how many yolks you eat depends on what yoru diets like.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 07:36:01 PM »
Whole eggs

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 08:23:01 PM »
egglands best eggs rule!
w

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 08:30:36 PM »
raw eggs work in resident evil 5, so i eat them aswell

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 10:49:05 PM »
Whole eggs are good for you.  Sometimes I eat egg whites only just because that is the part I like.  But most people prefer the yolk. 

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 01:34:21 AM »
I probably have 4 whole eggs a day. 2 in the morning with milk (kinda like a home made casein shake) and i have the same before bed.
No doubt about it...

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 06:32:41 AM »
i just like whole eggs b/c they taste better with yolk and white and also your getting more protein with the yolk

The Nub Monster

• Getbig II
  • 14 WORDS!
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 07:51:35 AM »
Whole eggs all the way IMO - throw the yolk away and you are not getting a complete protein source.  Not to mention the grams of protein, the calories and the vitamins/nutrients you are throwing in the bin!

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 08:17:00 AM »
I'm already having 1 red meat meal a day and some nuts for fat sources, a good mix of sat. and unsat. fats. So no yolks for me, whites only.
tank u jesus

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 10:49:43 PM »
I absolutely love full eggs (with yolk) I eat on average 7-8 every morning for breakfast, either scrambled or in two 4 egg omelette's, I know i shouldn't be really eating more then 2-3 a day because of high cholesterol but they're so damn good! :X

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 11:13:28 PM »
I absolutely love full eggs (with yolk) I eat on average 7-8 every morning for breakfast, either scrambled or in two 4 egg omelette's, I know i shouldn't be really eating more then 2-3 a day because of high cholesterol but they're so damn good! :X

I eat all my eggs raw and I've eaten upwards of 12 raw eggs on the weekends during my refeeds.  I get my cholesterol levels checked on a monthly basis and I've never had any problems.  Vince Gironda and many others from his era would eat upwards of a dozen or two when they were bulking. 

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 03:09:14 AM »
I eat all my eggs raw and I've eaten upwards of 12 raw eggs on the weekends during my refeeds.  I get my cholesterol levels checked on a monthly basis and I've never had any problems.  Vince Gironda and many others from his era would eat upwards of a dozen or two when they were bulking. 

Vince had a lot of nasty things to say about people who threw away their egg yolks, I agree with all of them.

AG1983

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 10:42:57 AM »
1 whole egg has 6g of protein and what i have noticed is that most people think that the egg white has 6g of proteins and the yolk has no protein at all which most of us know that  they share it. egg white has like 3.5g and yolk 2.5g of protein. just to remind people. anyway if people throw away the yolk then don't eat eggs some people don't even have that to feed their family

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 11:42:42 AM »
Whole eggs all the way IMO - throw the yolk away and you are not getting a complete protein source.  Not to mention the grams of protein, the calories and the vitamins/nutrients you are throwing in the bin!
egg whites are indeed a complete protein source.

The Nub Monster

• Getbig II
  • 14 WORDS!
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 07:07:50 PM »
egg whites are indeed a complete protein source.

Yes hence why I said, "throw the yolk AWAY and your not getting a complete protein source," implying the white would remain - You know many people who just crack eggs and throw the whole thing away do you, or just keep the yolk even?

Pedantic fool.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 11:11:33 AM »
Yes hence why I said, "throw the yolk AWAY and your not getting a complete protein source," implying the white would remain - You know many people who just crack eggs and throw the whole thing away do you, or just keep the yolk even?

Pedantic fool.
throw the yolk away and yoru not getting a complete protein source?

nope...egg whites by themselves are a complete source of protein.

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2009, 02:04:49 PM »
Don't throw away the yolks, make Mayonnaise out of them...

The Nub Monster

• Getbig II
  • 14 WORDS!
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009, 06:19:16 PM »
throw the yolk away and yoru not getting a complete protein source?

nope...egg whites by themselves are a complete source of protein.

So egg whites have a full amino acid profile do they?  Your sciolism really shines through sometimes!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 07:10:28 PM »
So egg whites have a full amino acid profile do they?  Your sciolism really shines through sometimes!
yes they do.

in fact, egg whites are only inferior to whole eggs and milk proteins.  egg whites are a better source of protien than any meat, including beef.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009, 07:29:37 PM »
I had 8 whole eggs today and 6 whites divided into two meals. mmmmmm
I am a big baby

The Nub Monster

• Getbig II
  • 14 WORDS!
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 07:48:18 AM »
There is only 18 amino acids listed there = not a full profile.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2009, 09:12:57 AM »
The egg yolks were "supposedly" linked to high "dietary" cholesterol. The cholesterol levels one would be worried about specifically would be 'blood serum levels' (overall) of cholesterol--even more specifically: "LDLs" Low Density Lipoproteins.

Your genetic makeup would be the deciding factor in how much food would actually affect your liver's daily output. If you eat more (dietary) cholesterol, your liver may make less. If you eat less cholesterol, your liver may make more.

Consequently, there are specific substances in an egg yolk that have the capacity to lower blood serum levels of cholesterol. This is lecithin. Some studies in the past have shown that lecithin was nearly as effective (for some) as a statin drug.

Many people with high cholesterol live to be healthy old folks. My dad is 82 and has been eating eggs for breakfast 5 days a week... that is how he was raised. Some folks may have low cholesterol and develop heart disease.

This is the funny thing to me about doctors right away recommending a better diet and exercise when they find you have high overall cholesterol levels. Sure, a better diet has a great synergistic effect for the body combined with exercise, but if the liver has already decided on its output levels of cholesterol, rarely will diet and exercise change those levels significantly.

generally folks with cholesterol levels that are too high end up on a statin drug prescription... for life.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 12:25:42 PM »
There is only 18 amino acids listed there = not a full profile.
complete protein = contains all the essential amino acids.

look at the leucine percentage of eggwhite....only beaten by milk proteins and whole eggs.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2009, 12:46:05 PM »
Eggs ARE NOT superior to beef/red meat.  That is fucking retarded.  Beef has lots of naturally occurring creatine in it of which eggs do not.  Saying one is better is not based on scientific fact, only opinion.  It's stupid trying to argue mlk is better than eggs are better than beef etc.  Top three things to build muscle are eggs, milk and beef.  Preferably all three raw.