Author Topic: Scout at daycare  (Read 2502 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Scout at daycare
« on: March 20, 2009, 06:05:27 PM »
His "twin" is Sadie and his best pal.  They tell me they're inseparable.
The "octopus" is from X-mas morning  :D

:

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Scout at daycare
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 10:16:32 AM »
Great video and pics Princess!  Looks like he loves that Octopus!!  Thanks for sharing!!! ;D
R

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 10:34:25 AM »
LOL he really does look like he loves that octopus, its weird to see a dog that looks exactly like him too since he is made up of so many different breeds great pics/vid

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 11:18:04 AM »
LOL he really does look like he loves that octopus, its weird to see a dog that looks exactly like him too since he is made up of so many different breeds great pics/vid

Yeah...Princess, how old is Scout's twin?
R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 01:50:35 PM »
Yeah...Princess, how old is Scout's twin?

Good question  ???  I never even thought to ask. They both started attending about the same time 2 years ago and have been inseparable ever since.  I've never even met her parents  ;D lol  According to the staff, they have their little "clique" which also includes Duke the Boxer and Nemo the Husky mix, both also in the video.

Since Scout and his 2 brothers were from an overcrowded shelter in another state, it's doubtful he and Sadie are related.
:

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 02:29:02 PM »

Good question  ???  I never even thought to ask. They both started attending about the same time 2 years ago and have been inseparable ever since.  I've never even met her parents  ;D lol  According to the staff, they have their little "clique" which also includes Duke the Boxer and Nemo the Husky mix, both also in the video.

Since Scout and his 2 brothers were from an overcrowded shelter in another state, it's doubtful he and Sadie are related.

Nemo...hahahaha i like it

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 02:34:44 PM »
maybe it's a new breed?   ;D

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 07:01:28 AM »
He is gorgeous.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 03:53:36 PM »
cool looking dog.

what is Scout?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 09:12:27 PM »
He is gorgeous.

Thank you.  A daily dose of fish oil keeps his coat nice and shiny  ;D

cool looking dog.

what is Scout?

Just a basic Heinz 57.  I had his DNA done and it came back as Australian Cattle Dog, Boxer, and Border Collie.  None of the breeds being "dominant".  I know  ::) he doesn't look like any of them.

:

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 04:38:05 PM »
He looks like a great dog.  You have socialized him and daycare is awesome for dogs!  I just picked up Cody from a day at DC they have an outside area and had pools out today.  Dog came home, ate and will sleep for about a day now LOL.  Cody is a gentle, patient dog the best I could have hoped for, Im sure Scout is the same to you.

Off topic but sad day, cause I was driving and saw a dog trotting down the side walk adjacent to a busy road so I turned around to see if i could get him, looked to be a Rott mix, maybe lab in him too.  Anyhow he was lost and scared as he would run away when I tried to approach him.  I called the police and they had an officer already looking for him.  I saw the officer as she also tried to get near the dog.  He ran across some busy streets, I chased him for another 1/2 hour, but he lost me.....hope that dog is OK.  :-\

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 01:50:03 PM »
He looks like a great dog.  You have socialized him and daycare is awesome for dogs!  I just picked up Cody from a day at DC they have an outside area and had pools out today.  Dog came home, ate and will sleep for about a day now LOL.  Cody is a gentle, patient dog the best I could have hoped for, Im sure Scout is the same to you.

Off topic but sad day, cause I was driving and saw a dog trotting down the side walk adjacent to a busy road so I turned around to see if i could get him, looked to be a Rott mix, maybe lab in him too.  Anyhow he was lost and scared as he would run away when I tried to approach him.  I called the police and they had an officer already looking for him.  I saw the officer as she also tried to get near the dog.  He ran across some busy streets, I chased him for another 1/2 hour, but he lost me.....hope that dog is OK.  :-\

I've stopped many times to "rescue" a stray, dirtied up my car, put myself at risk, brought them home, invested a lot of time finding the owner, etc. and sadly, no one has ever seemed appreciative of it.  Most of the time they didn't even realize their dog was gone, not to mention no concern they could've easily been hit by a car (lots of 2 lane roads/highways by me). :-\
: