Author Topic: Why do so many people have so much against protein powder?  (Read 17563 times)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Re: Why do so many people have so much against protein powder?
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 03:58:23 AM »
You get good results Kyomu and you are a proponent of a high protein diet.  Can you give us some thoughts on your protein theory?  What do you mean 'avoid the processed' protein? 
Mostly coming from my experience and another huge guys(include pros) are saying that too.

I guess,our whole digestion system is well accostomed to absorb the protein in natural status more than processed status because of eating natural one in the long human history. I dont know very well.

In asian medicine, they always recommend the "alive" food(natural status) because it contains lots of vital energy called KI.

I dont know very well.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 04:05:31 AM »
Mostly coming from my experience and another huge guys(include pros) are saying that too.

I guess,our whole digestion system is well accostomed to absorb the protein in natural status more than processed status because of eating natural one in the long human history. I dont know very well.

In asian medicine, they always recommend the "alive" food(natural status) because it contains lots of vital energy called KI.

I dont know very well.

Actually it's because of the animal fats that are in the meat that you are eating.  Most people will not come out and say this because they are afraid fat-a-phobes will come out of the woodwork beating people over the head with their soy protein isolate faggotry.  Eat fucking cows and you will gain muscle people.  If you want to get the most out of your shakes add heavy whipping cream and whole milk to them. 

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 04:07:23 AM »
1. I don't trust the source.  Did it come from China?  Is there really 30g of complete amino protein per serving?  What assurance do I have that what the label says about the contents is true?  When I microwave egg whites containing 100g of protein, there's no mistaking that they are egg whites.

2. If I'm dieting I want all the solid meals I can get.  I don't understand why people use liquid nutrition when dieting.

3. I like to cook.  I like to eat.  Don't really enjoy swilling powder shakes.

If the quality of the whey isn't in question then there's nothing wrong with it.  Although it's nutritionally sparse compared to proper food (but a good source of glutathione), it's convenient and an acceptable source of protein when used to supplement a balanced diet.  I just haven't bothered with it for awhile now.

haha i love these guys when they diet, almost 4/6 of their "meals" are "shakes".  ::)

I would fucking starve to death consuming only powders.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2009, 04:10:12 AM »

I dont know very well.

No worries.  I don't know much about asian medicine but a whole food theory makes intuitive sense.  It's what the species grew up on.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 04:10:18 AM »
50g of whole food takes longer to digest and the body can make better use of it during lets say 2 hours or longer of it being absorbed. if 50g whey protein hits your blood in 20 minutes, some of it is probably filtered out by the kidneys and wasted.

At least for a natural protein synthesis will be faster for users for sure.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 04:17:05 AM »
haha i love these guys when they diet, almost 4/6 of their "meals" are "shakes".  ::)

I would fucking starve to death consuming only powders.

Right on.  You'd have to be crazy reach for a water and whey powder shake when your stomach is empty.  Eat something solid ffs.  No wonder these characters are reaching for double chocolate cake three days in.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2009, 04:31:23 AM »
It's not food.  It's not satisfying.  The only thing it is good for is something to satisfy a chocolate/sweet craving when dieting, or some calories if you are in a major pinch.

Deicide, I hope you are eating more real food and less protein powder these days.  :)
:)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2009, 04:35:04 AM »
For me it is SAVING money. I save tons of cash doing 50/50 protein shakes/meals. I would go broke if I had to spend cash on 5 to 6 meals a day; every now and then I will do it but pretty rare...never mind the convenience...

QFT, i do the same thing.

if i was flithy rich like 95% of getbig i'd eat steak, chicken, etc at every meal, but i'm not so i chug down the groul.
175lbs by 31st July

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2009, 04:35:16 AM »
It's not food.  It's not satisfying.  The only thing it is good for is something to satisfy a chocolate/sweet craving when dieting, or some calories if you are in a major pinch.

Deicide, I hope you are eating more real food and less protein powder these days.  :)

Integrity.  Props Rip.

dragonfist

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2009, 04:41:02 AM »
It seems to have become popular to hate on any type of supplement.  Protein shakes are great as a supplement, meaning you eat a fairly complete diet and they only serve as additional protein.  They generally should not be replacing meals but they are convenient and still better then nothing when you are on the go.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2009, 04:56:30 AM »
1. I don't trust the source.  Did it come from China?  Is there really 30g of complete amino protein per serving?  What assurance do I have that what the label says about the contents is true?  When I microwave egg whites containing 100g of protein, there's no mistaking that they are egg whites.

2. If I'm dieting I want all the solid meals I can get.  I don't understand why people use liquid nutrition when dieting.

3. I like to cook.  I like to eat.  Don't really enjoy swilling powder shakes.

If the quality of the whey isn't in question then there's nothing wrong with it.  Although it's nutritionally sparse compared to proper food (but a good source of glutathione), it's convenient and an acceptable source of protein when used to supplement a balanced diet.  I just haven't bothered with it for awhile now.

The quality of the protein I use is top; it's my friend's own company; everything made in Germany and Switzerland. :)
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2009, 04:58:59 AM »
50g of whole food takes longer to digest and the body can make better use of it during lets say 2 hours or longer of it being absorbed. if 50g whey protein hits your blood in 20 minutes, some of it is probably filtered out by the kidneys and wasted.

At least for a natural protein synthesis will be faster for users for sure.

Why does everyone talk only about whey; casein is a much better diet protein.
I hate the State.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2009, 04:59:58 AM »
Why does everyone talk only about whey; casein is a much better diet protein.

110% truth
175lbs by 31st July

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2009, 05:00:25 AM »

You want to give me more money for 'real food'?

Fuck satisfying, in two shakes I can cover 100gr of protein in a few seconds.
I hate the State.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2009, 05:02:38 AM »
I'd rather skip a meal then cook or make a shake. how's that!
$

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2009, 05:06:52 AM »
I seriously doubt that non competitors would see an appreciable difference by using protein over not using protein shakes, save your money

besides I think that egg whites works better anyway

I

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2009, 05:07:37 AM »
You want to give me more money for 'real food'?

Fuck satisfying, in two shakes I can cover 100gr of protein in a few seconds.

Yup, that's a point.

Plus: At times fast protein is good, i.e. after WO. That's why everyone talks about whey. Besides that, all your protein should come from food, but at times it's just more convenient to put 500ml milk, a banana, some almonds, honey, oatmeal and some whey into a blender and down that. Takes 30 seconds to make and 2 minutes to drink. And tell me you're not full after that.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2009, 05:08:20 AM »
I seriously doubt that non competitors would see an appreciable difference by using protein over not using protein shakes, save your money

besides I think that egg whites works better anyway

Actually protein powder is much cheaper than real food, if you only look at the protein you can get.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2009, 05:14:34 AM »
Yup, that's a point.

Plus: At times fast protein is good, i.e. after WO. That's why everyone talks about whey. Besides that, all your protein should come from food, but at times it's just more convenient to put 500ml milk, a banana, some almonds, honey, oatmeal and some whey into a blender and down that. Takes 30 seconds to make and 2 minutes to drink. And tell me you're not full after that.

Double Plex Whey/Casein:  ;D

I hate the State.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2009, 05:16:41 AM »
I don't really notice a difference except for the fact that it tends to make me extremely thirsty, and causes my face to break out.

Hi Gene. 

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2009, 05:17:31 AM »
Double Plex Whey/Casein:  ;D

clearly all of that high quality protein is paying dividends for you  ::)  ::)
I

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2009, 05:18:09 AM »
Is that Polish product Deicide?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2009, 05:18:45 AM »
Yup, that's a point.

And also an unnecessary calorie bomb! :o
I hate the State.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2009, 05:19:05 AM »
Oh, and for the people that don't like protein powder, they are just mad that no matter what they try they remain small so they have to bash every supplement, diet, and training philosophy.  

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2009, 05:19:38 AM »
clearly all of that high quality protein is paying dividends for you  ::)  ::)

The owner is a personal friend of mine and I have personally visited the places where it is made. It IS good quality.
I hate the State.