Author Topic: Serious Question: if Gorillas are basically vegetarians, how the hell do they  (Read 8351 times)

the anabolic mon

• Getbig III
Exactly what Diane Fossey wondered about.  That and if she could get one to shag her.
Would that make her a mudshark?  ;D

RZA

• Getbig IV
Wow, this thread didn't get highjacked by BigBobs and Sharma posting nasser's pics once again. Nor by Hulkster's jizz-stained Ronnie pics. Instead of this, we have Sevastase stalking DK like his life depends on it. That's a novelty.

RZA

• Getbig IV
I was being ironic in fact. He's been following you around for ages now like a angered puppy chewing your pants and who won't let go. The only relief we get from that shit is him posting pictures of his "private" life. Which is pretty depressing BTW.

Magnus

• Getbig III
  • my english sucks (not from US)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
I was being ironic in fact. He's been following you around for ages now like a angered puppy chewing your pants and who won't let go. The only relief we get from that shit is him posting pictures of his "private" life. Which is pretty depressing BTW.

true, i think i can see it as a good side and victimize myself for the sake of getbig.

It's just fucking annoying at times, if at least he had humor or a sense of reality....  :-\

DK II

• Getbig V
starting to creeo me out

:D

Oh my god!

I made a type-o!

::) ::) ::)

idiot.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Would that make her a mudshark?  ;D

Hmmm.  It definitely made her bruised.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Oh my god!

I made a type-o!

::) ::) ::)

idiot.
lol

you are clearly the idiot here  :D

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
I've wondered the same thing, I read a paper about it not too long ago, more related to chimps though-that being that they are more omnivorous than most people think-eating rodents, insects...etc.  But gorillas, I read, are almost totally non meat eating.  What I don't understand is their ability to digest so much cellulose-they must come equipped with cellulase but usually animals that are meant to eat that much fiber have more than one stomach and as far as I know, they don't. 

Our closest genetic relatives are the bonobo chimps.  The more I read and the more I experiment with my own diet, the more vegan I become.  Right now I am down to one meat meal a day and the rest fruit, in mono meals. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Wow, this thread didn't get highjacked by BigBobs and Sharma posting nasser's pics once again. Nor by Hulkster's jizz-stained Ronnie pics. Instead of this, we have Sevastase stalking DK like his life depends on it. That's a novelty.

Highjacked by others, not to name names...
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I've wondered the same thing, I read a paper about it not too long ago, more related to chimps though-that being that they are more omnivorous than most people think-eating rodents, insects...etc.  But gorillas, I read, are almost totally non meat eating.  What I don't understand is their ability to digest so much cellulose-they must come equipped with cellulase but usually animals that are meant to eat that much fiber have more than one stomach and as far as I know, they don't. 

Our closest genetic relatives are the bonobo chimps.  The more I read and the more I experiment with my own diet, the more vegan I become.  Right now I am down to one meat meal a day and the rest fruit, in mono meals. 

I was hoping someone in the know would post their knowledge here but it has become a typical Sevastese vs. Donkeykong thread... :-\
I hate the State.

DK II

• Getbig V
I was hoping someone in the know would post their knowledge here but it has become a typical Sevastese vs. Donkeykong thread... :-\

Sorry, i wish it was different....  :-\ :-\ :-\

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Sorry, i wish it was different....  :-\ :-\ :-\

Do you know how it is possible that exclusive herbivores are able to carry that much muscle mass? Think about Water Buffalo too...does anyone know? ???
I hate the State.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?

I'm not an expert in the area, but the physiology of Apes isn't the same as that of humans. And while protein plays a big role in human muscle synthesis, it doesn't mean that every animal or organism out there is similar in that aspect. Every living organism needs some kind of energy to sustain itself and the amount of meat or protein they consume (if they do at all) doesn't necessarily correlate or correspond to their intrinsic strength, mass or physical capability. Which is why horses, for example, that don't eat any meat or a diet that is protein rich are way stronger than say a human being, who eats a lot of meat.

It all boils down to the physical attributes that every species out there has - apes are way stronger than humans and a lot of them are bigger too, just like we are incomparably more intelligent - it's just the way things are.

DK II

• Getbig V
I'm not an expert in the area, but the physiology of Apes isn't the same as that of humans. And while protein plays a big role in human muscle synthesis, it doesn't mean that every animal or organism out there is similar in that aspect. Every living organism needs some kind of energy to sustain itself and the amount of meat or protein they consume (if they do at all) doesn't necessarily correlate or correspond to their intrinsic strength, mass or physical capability. Which is why horses, for example, that don't eat any meat or a diet that is protein rich are way stronger than say a human being, who eats a lot of meat.

It all boils down to the physical attributes that every species out there has - apes are way stronger than humans and a lot of them are bigger too, just like we are incomparably more intelligent - it's just the way things are.

Very good answer!

If i might add, for examples crocodiles can live up to a year without eating at all, if they are in a warm place. The warmth of the sun is enough for them to regulate their metabolism. I can't explain this properly as well.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

That kind of means that herbivores have vastly superior mechanisms for protein synthesis...kind of like natural steroids... ;D
I hate the State.

RZA

• Getbig IV
Also don't forget most herbivores don't move that much. They spend their days eating and saving their energy. Herbivores don't waste calories id they don't need to. What comes naturally to animals doesn't to humans.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Also don't forget most herbivores don't move that much. They spend their days eating and saving their energy. Herbivores don't waste calories id they don't need to. What comes naturally to animals doesn't to humans.
::)

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
Gorillas can maintain muscle better than humans because they are gorillas.

End thread

DK II

• Getbig V

true, very good. Also the brain doesn't need as many calories as the human brain.

Gorillas can maintain muscle better than humans because they are gorillas.

End thread

cool!

FREDO

• Getbig II
because only brainwashed bodybuilders are dumb enough to think you need all that protein to build muscle.......keep spending money on supplements though

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!

Need to work upper chest and front delts....

CD

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
because only brainwashed bodybuilders are dumb enough to think you need all that protein to build muscle.......keep spending money on supplements though

x2  ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Ask dr.chimps.

FREDO

• Getbig II

very wise choice ......for your health as well as your fitness.......all this protein, more protein crap is all based on advertising......a diet that is 85-90%  raw ,fresh, fruits and vegetables that has no processed food in it is vastly superior for both health and muscle building