Author Topic: Serious Question: if Gorillas are basically vegetarians, how the hell do they  (Read 8350 times)

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
Do you know how it is possible that exclusive herbivores are able to carry that much muscle mass? Think about Water Buffalo too...does anyone know? ???
Muscle:
At a guess: If you have evolved living in the middle of a 24/7 restaurant the caloric needs of so much muscle could be met easily so why not carry it if it helps you survive?

Strength: From what I remember it is limited pretty conservatively in humans:
 'the golgi tendon organ will cause "weightlifting failure" to protect the muscle and tendons from excessive force.'
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golgi_tendon

Shawdow

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
i want to know this too, how do cows and sheep and horses gain hundreds of pounds of muscle
during their life time by just eating grass?
someone explain??

by the way, muscle is muscle, 1 pound of any muscle contains 100 grams of protein

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
Its all hormones.  If you take a cow ( that eats grass all day ), and roid it up, it will get more muscle.  Cattle farmers have done this for years. Unless you are eating organic meat.  Which came from some skinny as weak cow.  Its actually kind of nice, that cattle ranchers have the Dbol already in the meat for you.  No need to stick yourself every day.  Just have to pay those dam high prices for the meat.

So to put it simply.  Test Levels have more to do with muscle mass, than the foods you eat do. This is why you see black guys at the gym that are huge, and white guys that are not so much.  You diet should be about what will create the most natural hormones possible.  Not how many whey shakes can I down in a day.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
Gorillas have amazingly small dicks...

Well maybe if you took them to dinner, told them they were pretty first it's grow a little for you.... :-*

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
You should see my Pitt Bulls. They are both ripped (shredded) and huge. They are everything a bodybuilder can relate to. They don't lift weights or eat a ton of protein. My male Pitt had his nuts cut (by law) when he was very young. Didnt change a damn thing. Still huge, ripped and full of energy... sometimes I think the body finds other ways to manufacture hormones when its original mechanism is jeopardized. Of course, I am talking animals/humans here. Each of their/our anatomic/genetic makeup is vastly different one from the other.

Their genetic makeup is everything. Stand them next to a chihuahua or a Lab and you will see what I mean.

I don't for one second believe that (human) bodybuilders need as much protein as all of the 'experts' have been saying. We have all seen guys ripped, big, blown out calves... you ask them if they work out and they look at you like WTF? Why do people keep asking me this?

Apes and Pitts would be the same way if they could talk.

Genetics dominate everything in every facet of life.

Breaking it down into individuality, anatomy, physiology and kinesiology would be a fun topic.

Ramblin on.... and on.... and on....

suckmymuscle

get enough protein to support all their muscle mass? ???

They eat all day long and they have vastly superior metabolism than Humans at synthesizing protein. It is the same reason bulls make over a thousand pounds of muscular tissue by eating just grass.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

thik about this .... some male chimps are 4 times stronger than a regular human male adult

a silverback .... welll ..you do the math  :-\

There is a thread on this very topic started by me, which is now at the Z board. Gorillas have the upper body strengh of 20+ Humans for several reasons:

- They have much more absolute muscle mass than Humans.

- 80% of their muscle mass is in the torso, vs only 30% for Humans, who's most muscle mass is in the buttocks and quadriceps..

- Their muscles attach to the tendons in positions that give them far superior leverage.

- Their tendons are 4 times thicker than Humans' and their bones much denser, allowing them to produce much more intense bursts of strengh.

- They have a much higher proportion of type II muscle fibers than Humans.

All this results in a creature with the upper body strengh of more than 20 Humans. A chimp has the upper body strengh of 5 Humans, and gorillas are roughly 4 times stronger than chimps.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
  There is a thread on this very topic started by me, which is now at the Z board. Gorillas have the upper body strengh of 20+ Humans for several reasons:

- Their muscles attach to the tendons in positions that give them far superior leverage.

- Their tendons are 4 times thicker than Humans' and their bones much denser, allowing them to produce much more intense bursts of strengh.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Makes you wonder why us humans don't utilize the machines at the gym that give us "more leverage"--

suckmymuscle

"DonkeyKong" and "Sevastase", end the slug fest between you two or I will do it for you - you don't want that. The posts where you trash each other have been removed. Stop it or take it to PM.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

Wow, this thread didn't get highjacked by BigBobs and Sharma posting nasser's pics once again. Nor by Hulkster's jizz-stained Ronnie pics. Instead of this, we have Sevastase stalking DK like his life depends on it. That's a novelty.

It cuts both ways. But "Sevastase" was the worst, posting a picture of a woman licking a dog's asshole and claiming it to be DK's wife. That was way over-the-top nasty and offensive and I am seriously considering removing Sevastase's posting priviledges in this board.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Geo

• Getbig IV
get enough protein to support all their muscle mass? ???

because they eat their babys !