Author Topic: Cardio direct after training?  (Read 5298 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Cardio direct after training?
« on: April 17, 2009, 03:55:48 AM »
Well I am experiments whilst dieting...in fact I am willing to run myself into the ground if that is what it takes to get lean. How many of you do cardio right after weight training? Would you recommend it?
I hate the State.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
Re: Cardio direct after training?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 04:08:31 AM »
Well I am experiments whilst dieting...in fact I am willing to run myself into the ground if that is what it takes to get lean. How many of you do cardio right after weight training? Would you recommend it?

this guy does  ;)
175lbs by 31st July

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 04:54:37 AM »
Yes, do it.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 05:45:15 AM »
Yes, do it.

No worries about going catabolic?
I hate the State.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 06:10:29 AM »

What dieting are you following?
No doubt about it...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 06:43:30 AM »
What dieting are you following?

Example for today:

1 Apple
2 1/2 scoops mesoplex
2 fish oil caps
5 grams glutamine
5 grams arginine
15 grams dynasyn
15 grams vasonox

1 scoop doubleplex
1 scoop mesoplex

2 white fish filets
200 grams broccoli/cauliflower
2 fish oil caps

1 white fish filet

1 white fish filet
5 grams arginie
5 grams glutamine
2 grams bcca
4 grams amino tabs
2 ish oil caps

total= 1323

basically low-carb
I hate the State.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 06:53:07 AM »
1300cals.........pretty bloody low.

Either way, post workout cardio is meant to be good as the resistance training will deplete your glycogen stores, leaving fat as the next viable fuel source to be used when performing the cardio.

You can drink a shake before the cardio or sip one during it, or just wait if you feel that the shake will upset your stomach. I take it your post workout shake is very low/no carb?
No doubt about it...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 06:55:54 AM »
1300cals.........pretty bloody low.

Either way, post workout cardio is meant to be good as the resistance training will deplete your glycogen stores, leaving fat as the next viable fuel source to be used when performing the cardio.

You can drink a shake before the cardio or sip one during it, or just wait if you feel that the shake will upset your stomach. I take it your post workout shake is very low/no carb?

That's what I did; I usually have half my shake half way into my workout.

Kind of low in carbs; it has about 20 grams because I want SOME insulin push; waxy maize as well; that's his mesoplex stuff, basically whey isolate with added aminos and wazy maize. I might just switch to a no carb protein after working out. Try it out for the week. Just did 20 min after chest today.
I hate the State.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 07:06:57 AM »
That's what I did; I usually have half my shake half way into my workout.

Kind of low in carbs; it has about 20 grams because I want SOME insulin push; waxy maize as well; that's his mesoplex stuff, basically whey isolate with added aminos and wazy maize. I might just switch to a no carb protein after working out. Try it out for the week. Just did 20 min after chest today.

Are you just doing low/mod intensity cardio?

Have you tried HIIT?
No doubt about it...

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 07:34:39 AM »
I often do cardio after lifting, with the exception of leg day. Just keep your weight training session under thrity mintues and then run twenty minutes or less.

By the way, nothing pisses me off more than personal trainers having obese people focus on resistance training.

If you wanna lose fat, you should run. It's not like you're going to lose a bunch of muscle in the process.
G

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 10:57:29 AM »
I often do cardio after lifting, with the exception of leg day. Just keep your weight training session under thrity mintues and then run twenty minutes or less.

By the way, nothing pisses me off more than personal trainers having obese people focus on resistance training.

If you wanna lose fat, you should run. It's not like you're going to lose a bunch of muscle in the process.

I am borderline obese.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 10:58:18 AM »
Are you just doing low/mod intensity cardio?

Have you tried HIIT?

Yeah, as of now I mix it up; sometimes hiit, sometimes regular...
I hate the State.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 01:37:37 PM »

I used to hate, even the idea, cardio after training. Dorian Yates always said you should split the 2 up because you are telling your body to adapt to 2 different things at once and essentially are taking 50% away from each aspect.
Due to a work schedule change, I needed to do cardio after working out, by necessity.
Now there is no other way I'll do cardio. I love it, gets the job done and quickly.
Only downside is that I hate having to be at the gym for such a long amount of time while doing both in one session.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 05:30:38 PM »
I had the best results eating about 1500 calories or less a day in actual food.  Then some shakes thrown in.

take eca
15 min warmup\vagina watch on tread or stairmaster
Lift
45 min of cardio
go home
then later take eca,  jog about 3 miles in park or hit the gym again for cardio. 
Eat  4 or 5 times a day small meals. 

Running is the only thing that really takes the fat off me. 

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 06:35:06 PM »

I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you don't go overboard w/ the cardio.  Just be Consistent and stick with it, realistically it's going to take at least 3-4 months for you to get truly significant results.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 10:08:52 PM »
you shouldnt worry about that as long as your eating enough protien.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 04:39:58 AM »
After your workout is the perfect time for cardio.  You won't go "catabolic"  ::) that is just an excuse used by permabulkers. 

StackedDec

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 03:03:26 AM »
cardio after burning out your muscles doing anaerobic excercise like weightlifting can really be effective in burning calories and increasing your cardio abilities like stamina and endurance

think about it, you get good results when you do something when you are fresh, you get more results from doing the same thing when you are already tired

I prefer to do HIIT but I do long intervals, 5 minutes to be exact.  I don't have alot of room, so I run in place, do jumping jacks, rope, squats and thrusts, and toe raises, and some rounds I'll do just 1 excercise the whole time or I will do a round of sprawls, fake shots, striking (heavy bag usually or focus master) or ground and pound with some positioning work.  Usually 5-7 sets of 5 minutes with 1 minute of rest. You haven't lived until you've rolled around on the ground in pain from a non stop 5 minute calf raise set. Then you realize you are only halfway there and you have another 5 minute calf raise set to go.

Do upperbody until your gassed and then do 7 rounds of that type of training full out and you will sweat pools of sweat and gain mad rips, I guarantee.   Doing that type of training has given my calfs about 50% more definition in about 2 years and I had really ripped calves to start with.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 08:19:34 AM »
After your workout is the perfect time for cardio.  You won't go "catabolic"  ::) that is just an excuse used by permabulkers. 
Quoted for truth.

During the last exercise in my weight workout I like to pop a few BCAA caps along with a couple of glutamine caps. I then sprinkle a little bit of powdered BCAA/EAA's in my water bottle and sip it during post-workout cardio.

That should be plenty of cheap insurance to keep anyone from going 'catabolic' completely.

- Block!
?

wolverine0904

• Getbig I
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 01:07:07 PM »
Quoted for truth.

During the last exercise in my weight workout I like to pop a few BCAA caps along with a couple of glutamine caps. I then sprinkle a little bit of powdered BCAA/EAA's in my water bottle and sip it during post-workout cardio.

That should be plenty of cheap insurance to keep anyone from going 'catabolic' completely.

- Block!

I completely agree with this post. I used Purple Wraath by Controlled Labs (although the taste made me sick sometimes) and later switched to Xtend by Scivation (taste is a little bit better). Glutamine can be taken when you get home along with your post workout shake.

Doing cardio after hitting the weights can be extremely tiring but it is an effective way of burning fat. Other times that you may want to consider doing a bit of cardio are: First thing in the morning before your first meal, or maybe in the evening after your last meal go for a walk or jog, or maybe do both morning and evening.

Best of luck.

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 08:54:01 PM »
something that I have been doing lately is doing a half hour of cardio on the elliptical first. Then working our for 45 min. Followed by another 30 min on the stairmaster or something.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 09:10:24 AM »
Example for today:

1 Apple
2 1/2 scoops mesoplex
2 fish oil caps
5 grams glutamine
5 grams arginine
15 grams dynasyn
15 grams vasonox

1 scoop doubleplex greens powder
1 scoop mesoplex

2 white fish filets
200 grams broccoli/cauliflower
2 fish oil caps

1 white fish filet vegetables

1 white fish filet
5 grams arginie
5 grams glutamine
2 grams bcca
4 grams amino tabs

2 ish oil caps  vegetables

total= 1323

basically low-carb

Shraded

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2009, 11:49:42 AM »
Best thing for me when I did my first show back in Junelast year- cardio first thing in the morning with ECA.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 08:17:08 AM »
something that I have been doing lately is doing a half hour of cardio on the elliptical first. Then working our for 45 min. Followed by another 30 min on the stairmaster or something.

You don't notice that doing any cardio before lifting is having an adverse effect to your lifting?
Or do you even care about what weight you're able to lift? *if you are just a "weekend warrior" then you would be keeping fit, and most likely not care if your weights are affected or not* (Crap, no matter how I word it, I can't properly get my thought out correctly...sorry ElGuapo)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 10:53:30 AM »
you shouldnt worry about that as long as your eating enough protien.

x2

QFT and he's nowhere close to that level.