Author Topic: Meso tricep  (Read 7083 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Meso tricep
« on: April 20, 2009, 04:05:38 PM »
these were taken with a cell a lil fuzzy .

choice is an illusion

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: tricep
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 04:08:40 PM »
look great dude

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 04:51:17 PM »
Horseshoe city!!!!!

Huge guns!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 06:03:42 PM »
thanks guys.. really appreciate the compliments...
i think my tria ae a weakpoin in comparision to my bis... thoough people say no but that how i percieve it.. but thx for the shoutouts really appreciate it
choice is an illusion

wild willie

• Getbig V
Re: Meso tricep
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 08:30:56 AM »
great horse shoes!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 01:42:44 PM »
not yet need more thickness
choice is an illusion

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 04:24:18 PM »
BIG - props

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 04:25:05 PM »
Arm training & measurement vids as discussed? :o

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 01:30:25 AM »
soon ...busy busy busy
as im typin thin havin a lil breakfast before work....
choice is an illusion

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 11:21:33 AM »
soon ...busy busy busy
as im typin thin havin a lil breakfast before work....

You do bis and tris on the same day right?
Can you detail your workout?  I mix up what I do for arms regularly.
Like you I hit them twice a week, but one of the times is just a light day tho (relatively).

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 11:39:20 AM »
Like you I hit them twice a week, but one of the times is just a light day tho (relatively).

There is no reason not to hit each muscle twice weekly, each time just as hard. Most top BBs over the last 50 years used twice weekly and many did the same workout each time.

It's in vogue now and believed by many that workouts should change from one workout to the next. Another popular belief is hitting the muscle once weekly. Neither is proven as essential or as most effective. Nothing wrong with varying the workouts but in no way is that necessary or even as good from my own experience-working the muscle hard and pushing yourself to do more than you could previously is the bottom line IMO, it trumps all the other stuff. Or as Arnold said: the muscle's not used to the 6th, 7th and 8th reps. Scott used the same routine, and Schwarzenegger says he only changed his routines once a year.

He already listed the exercises elsewhere but maybe when he's less busy he could relist along with the videos. That would be a good combo. ;)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 01:22:10 PM »
gotta agree. top-level PLs have marathon workouts that are ME/DE days where you're basically hitting everything twice. i was even doing heavy-ish benching plus all the assistance twice a week without it killing me.

as long as you're not idiotic and shattering your CNS, it's possible (if not optimal) to do things twice a week.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 06:32:11 AM »
yeah twice a week....
monday is arms day... i hit bis first then tris

these days it would be
Bis
cable curls 4 sets
alternate dumbell curls 4 sets
preacher curls 4 sets
Hammer curls 4 sets
*no olympic bar curls wrist injury

tris
pressdowns 4 sets
seated french press /extensions 4 sets
two arm dumbel extensions 4 sets
pressdowns with the balbe rows handle knuckles facing 4 sets  *for the outer head
then rope extensions 4 sets
*sometimes i throw close grips in there and sometimes i do lying extensions in stead of seated extensions

then bis again on thursday after back
and tris on friday after delts
 the second workouts are not as heavy as the monday arm workout or less volumn
made good gains hittin them this way as my chest shoulders and back grow super fast... i do this to keep the arms up there with them
choice is an illusion

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 10:25:49 AM »
yeah twice a week....
monday is arms day... i hit bis first then tris

these days it would be
Bis
cable curls 4 sets
alternate dumbell curls 4 sets
preacher curls 4 sets
Hammer curls 4 sets
*no olympic bar curls wrist injury

tris
pressdowns 4 sets
seated french press /extensions 4 sets
two arm dumbel extensions 4 sets
pressdowns with the balbe rows handle knuckles facing 4 sets  *for the outer head
then rope extensions 4 sets
*sometimes i throw close grips in there and sometimes i do lying extensions in stead of seated extensions

then bis again on thursday after back
and tris on friday after delts
 the second workouts are not as heavy as the monday arm workout or less volumn
made good gains hittin them this way as my chest shoulders and back grow super fast... i do this to keep the arms up there with them

Cool, thanks a lot.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 10:31:02 AM »
In no way is that much volume necessary, especially since alot of the exercises overlap  and could instead be done as substitutes on other days-i've never seen a pro doing something like this. Maraton high volume workouts are only of added value for contest refinement and cutting, but even then there are other ways to get that effect.

The main advantage of volume is for some people, psychological. Some enjoy marathon workouts, but having been there and done that for years I can say that lower volume is just as enjoyable because it means higher intensity, a higher degree of mental involvement and greater mind-muscle connections that can't be maintained to the same degree over longer workouts-longer workouts become more about endurance, which does not help size.

At the end of day, my muscles are still just as fried without the marathon workouts, which physically are a waste of time.  ;)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 10:40:03 AM »
In no way is that much volume necessary, especially since alot of the exercises overlap  and could instead be done as substitutes on other days. Maraton high volume workouts are only of added value for contest refinement and cutting, but even then there are other ways to get that effect.

The main advantage of volume is for some people, psychological. Some enjoy marathon workouts, but having been there and done that for years I can say that lower volume is just as enjoyable because it means higher intensity, a higher degree of mental involvement and greater mind-muscle connections that can't be maintained to the same degree over longer workouts-longer workouts become more about endurance, which does not help size.

At the end of day, my muscles are still just as fried without the marathon workouts, which physically are a waste of time.  ;)

He clearly has superior recovery genetics. When I first started and did similar things for the first year, i.e. 6 days a week, I made ZERO progress.
I hate the State.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 10:43:56 AM »
He clearly has superior recovery genetics. When I first started and did similar things for the first year, i.e. 6 days a week, I made ZERO progress.

What it is is that when the genetics and work ethic are good, you'll still see growth even when the training is off, just as guys like Oliva grew even earlier in their careers when the training methods weren't quite right.

In order to maximize potential you have to learn to train more efficiently, just as it took Schwarzenegger a degree of trial and error to bring the calves up. Muscle can still be built without hitting them in the most efficient manner.

The degree of redundancy used by meso is not seen by pros, no one is doing this.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 10:46:43 AM »
What it is is that when the genetics and work ethic are good, you'll still see growth even when the training is off, just as guys like Oliva grew even earlier in their careers when the training methods weren't quite right.

The degree of redundancy used by meso is not seen by pros, no one is doing this.

I honestly have made the best progress from 3x a week, 45 minutes to an hour tops, regardless of training style.

The other thing I notice about his arm workout is the massive about of sets for such small muscles like the triceps and biceps. Seems like overkill to me. He probably would be even bigger if he did an intense 3 day a week routine.
I hate the State.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 10:52:08 AM »
I honestly have made the best progress from 3x a week, 45 minutes to an hour tops, regardless of training style.

The other thing I notice about his arm workout is the massive about of sets for such small muscles like the triceps and biceps. Seems like overkill to me. He probably would be even bigger if he did an intense 3 day a week routine.

I used 3 times a week for years and years, getting good results. I had to force myself to try only twice a week just to compare. You should do same, after giving each approach at least a few months each and of course add in extra protein thru eating or supplements because it's true about the general rule that it takes about a 10 lb. "good" bodyweight gain to gain an inch in arm size.

In either case, shorter intense workouts hit the spot, go to positive failure most of the time (no wasted sets going thru the motions, each one should wear out the muscle) and here and there throw in one or two sets of negative failure using a spotter if possible, from time to time. The muscle has to respond to that type of adversity by adapting thru growth.

Bottom line on muscle growth is increasing reps/weight over a period of time, a slow trend upwards, not doing huge numbers of sets, which skews adaptation more towards endurance and refinement.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 10:55:39 AM »

I used 3 times a week for years and years, getting good results. I had to force myself to try only twice a week just to compare. You should do same, after giving each approach at least a few months each and of course add in extra protein thru eating or supplements because it's true about the general rule that it takes about a 10 lb. "good" bodyweight gain to gain an inch in arm size.

In either case, shorter intense workouts hit the spot, go to positive failure most of the time and here and there throw in a few sets of negative failure using a spotter if possible. The muscle has to respond to that type of adversity by adapting thru growth.

On a fullbody HST routine though, would you recommend training to failure?
I hate the State.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 10:58:09 AM »
On a fullbody HST routine though, would you recommend training to failure?

Whatever the program i think failure training at least in some sets is essential, regardless of what they say. Just because someone designs a program does not mean they have all the answers, especially these days with so many new programs that are simply variations on existing themes.

Change mentally or physically is a bitch..change is hard. The body doesn't want to change, will only do so when forced to, through trauma it isn't used to (increasing res/weight over time). If you don't go to failure you're essentially maintaining status quo, what the body can already achieve.

What i'm describing is the heart of progressive resistance, an established proven foundation for gains - have to up the reps/weight over time thru hard work, doesn't happen by accident.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 11:03:12 AM »
Whatever the program i think failure training at least in some sets is essential, regardless of what they say. Just because someone designs a program does not mean they have all the answers, especially these days with so many new programs that are simply variations on existing themes.

Change mentally or physically is a bitch..change is hard. The body doesn't want to change, will only do so when forced to, through trauma it isn't used to (increasing res/weight over time). If you don't go to failure you're essentially maintaining status quo, what the body can already achieve.

What i'm describing is the heart of progressive resistance, an established proven foundation for gains - have to up the reps/weight over time thru hard work, doesn't happen by accident.

Ok, but what about on a diet? Not trying to be argumentative, just curious.
I hate the State.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 11:25:49 AM »
Here's an example, taken from Friday and Saturday exercises...

Just as sore as when i used to do marathon volume, and more enjoyable due to the greater intensity and focus on each set-every set counts, no more marathon workouts that are too much about improving muscle endurance. The bottom line is to increase reps/weight over a period of weeks/months:

Excluding warmups, no wasted sets - each set taken to positive failure, then 1 set set of each exercise taken to negative failure using additional cheat reps when strict reps aren't possible. 1 minute between sets:

Lats:

-3 x 10-12 reps, Hammer Strength pulldown.

-3 x 10 leverage rowing, Flex Leverage rowing machine.

Tris:

-3 x 6-10 bent over cable extensions.

-2 x 20 dip machine.

Bis:

-3 x 6-8 reps, Flex Leverage preacher bench.

-2 x 6-8 reps standing cable curls.

Of course you can add in a couple more sets of something else if desired, you get the idea.

Realize full potential and efficiency:

-Full intensity and concentration on EACH set.
-Must find the BEST most EFFECTIVE exercises that really hit the muscle thru trial and error. What the books says are only guidelines, not always accurate. Some machines are great and better than weights, some are not and sometimes weights are best.
-Slow upwards progression in reps/weight over time.
-Good nutrition to facilitate "good" bodyweight gain.

Each muscle hit twice weekly is probably best. Also try thrice, each for a few months and compare results.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 11:47:56 AM »
i used to train 3 days a week

monday legs..

wednesday back and shoulders

friday chest and arms

it was ok at the time early into my training life...

but once i learned how to train properly and kill my muscles...  that split couldnt work
what WORKS for me is volumn training.... everyone is different
heavy volumn training works for me.... which is why i make gains yearly and in person why my actal quality of muscle.. is good
some people do less sets and thrive i do more sets...and i train VERY hard
its all about finding what works best for you
choice is an illusion

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2009, 11:54:55 AM »
Here's an example, taken from Friday and Saturday exercises...

Just as sore as when i used to do marathon volume, and more enjoyable actually, due to the greater focus on each set-every set counts. The bottom line is to increase reps/weight over a period of weeks/months:

Excluding warmups, no wasted sets - each set taken to positive failure, then 1 set set of each exercise taken to negative failure using additional cheat reps when strict reps aren't possible. 1 minute between sets:

Lats:

-3 x 10-12 reps, Hammer Strength pulldown.

-3 x 10 leverage rowing, Flex Leverage rowing machine.

Tris:

-3 x 6-10 bent over cable extensions.

-2 x 20 dip machine.

Bis:

-3 x 6-8 reps, Flex Leverage preacher bench.

-2 x 6-8 reps standing cable curls.

Realize full potential and efficiency:

-Full intensity and concentration on EACH set.
-Must find the best exercises that really hit the muscle, thru trial and error. Some machines are great and better than weights, some are not and sometimes weights are best.
-Slow upwards progression in reps/weight over time.
-Good nutrition to facilitate "good" bodyweight gain.

Each muscle hit twice weekly is probably best. Also try thrice, each for a few months and compare results.

see if i did that for tris
bent over cable
and machine dips...
i wouldnt feel anything even if i did 50 reps per set....
if i did 10 even worse....
it all come down to being different... not patting myself on the back but few pople actually are able to keep up.... my muscles are just condiyiponed for endurance...
low volumn... never works for me......works for a few people i have trained with but not me
choice is an illusion