Author Topic: New Powerlift??  (Read 2355 times)

John O

• Getbig III
New Powerlift??
« on: April 24, 2009, 04:09:29 PM »
Only half kidding here but the pain when I bench (barbell) in my shoulder is something else! and I'm talking the empty bar!!  But it's pain free when I use even the heaviest dumbbells!
 ...... Dumbbell Bench press as a competition lift!!  Yeah! lets see? set up would be sitting on the bench and placing the dumbbells on your  thighs to help set up when you lie down, you can use your legs to help get the dummbells in place, (much like you do in training) when your ready the judge will say "press" then  up , once locked out and the judge will say " down". come down controled then the judge says  " Finished"

well????????????    ;D :( ??? ::) :-X :) ;) 
Masters- 50-54
148#

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Re: New Powerlift??
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 04:31:31 PM »
Only half kidding here but the pain when I bench (barbell) in my shoulder is something else! and I'm talking the empty bar!!  But it's pain free when I use even the heaviest dumbbells!
 ...... Dumbbell Bench press as a competition lift!!  Yeah! lets see? set up would be sitting on the bench and placing the dumbbells on your  thighs to help set up when you lie down, you can use your legs to help get the dummbells in place, (much like you do in training) when your ready the judge will say "press" then  up , once locked out and the judge will say " down". come down controled then the judge says  " Finished"

well????????????    ;D :( ??? ::) :-X :) ;) 

First rep is always the hardest on dumbells. I think you should have to clean them up to seated position as well and keep control of them until they are set back down on the floor  ;D

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 05:01:38 PM »
LOL   I'll go along with that!   ;)
Masters- 50-54
148#

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 11:27:30 AM »
don't they have some sort of hooks available so that you can hang the db's off a barbell instead of having to do all the above?
follow the arrows

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 12:53:54 PM »
Umm? don't know if they have something like that.. but i like the idea.
Masters- 50-54
148#

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 03:04:56 PM »
This- www.powerhooks.com . You might also if you could get your gym to buy dumbbell trays that hook into the power rack.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 03:55:29 PM »
This- www.powerhooks.com . You might also if you could get your gym to buy dumbbell trays that hook into the power rack.

Takes all the fun out of it  >:(

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 05:47:53 PM »

absolutely pointless idea...

at the top of every rep you get to dick around with getting those hooks caught back on the barbell you just got done unhooking them off...

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 07:07:09 PM »
LOL remember guys, I was only kidding about this. Sure don't want to start any wars over this  ;)
Masters- 50-54
148#

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 07:11:33 PM »
I saw it on the news...

they start out using those hooks for DB's and then within a year they're giving blow jobs in the alleys behind seedy gay bars !

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 08:42:19 PM »
absolutely pointless idea...

at the top of every rep you get to dick around with getting those hooks caught back on the barbell you just got done unhooking them off...

LOL! dont think it'd be too much of an issue unless u set the bar up too high. I know a guy on bodybuilding.com used them consistently, and I never heard any complaints. But I've never used db's heavy enough to require the hooks, so I can't say for sure  :P
follow the arrows

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 10:00:55 PM »
I've only messed around with the hooks a few times, they're ok, best used with power rack where you could adjust the bar height to help them catch on the bar better.

Where they did shine was for shoulder presses. It beat having to clean them, etc.....