Author Topic: FOX didn't cover Obama's press conference...  (Read 3563 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: FOX didn't cover Obama's press conference...
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2009, 01:03:26 PM »
Bush flailed along all by himself...whats worse.

The one who can't talk without cue cards. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2009, 01:07:10 PM »
The one who can't talk without cue cards. 

he handily defeated the machines known as hilary and mccain in many debates without cue cards.  Was it 20 debates with Hilary?   Plus 22 months of nonstop reporter Qs, about 15 hours per day.

Lots of "uhs" and an occasional "57 states".  But he sure did win, didn't he?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2009, 01:11:02 PM »
he handily defeated the machines known as hilary and mccain in many debates without cue cards.  Was it 20 debates with Hilary?   Plus 22 months of nonstop reporter Qs, about 15 hours per day.

Lots of "uhs" and an occasional "57 states".  But he sure did win, didn't he?

No he didn't.  He was average to bad in pretty much every debate I watched.  His strength is giving a prepared, choreographed speech.  At that, he is a master.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2009, 01:29:26 PM »
No he didn't.  He was average to bad in pretty much every debate I watched.  His strength is giving a prepared, choreographed speech.  At that, he is a master.   

yes, he actually did win the election.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2009, 01:51:46 PM »
Really?   ::)  I was responding to your claim that Obama handily won all debates. 

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2009, 02:49:47 PM »

You are out of your mind.

peruke

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2009, 03:47:34 PM »
lol....I guess George W.  welcomed all questions huh?

Yes, He almost knew what the "white of an egg was called"!!!??? :-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2009, 04:25:45 PM »
You are out of your mind.

Depends on who you talk to.   :)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2009, 08:24:29 PM »
Come on, anyone with an ounce of integrity can admit he gets softball questions from an adoring media.

first of all, ALL new presidents get softball questions at first...this is so they don't piss him off and he will call on them in the future...

second it's hard to give hard ball questions to someone when there is nothing to blame him for...he INHERITED all these problems

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2009, 08:26:24 PM »
Those are easy open ended questions he has canned answers to. 

okay genius..so what would YOU ask him?> ???

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2009, 08:30:11 PM »
Cure cancer?What has this man done in his first 100 days other then spend trillions?What has he done and whats it accomplished.The answer is he has done a lot of spending and its accomplished NOTHING!!!!Cure cancer?How about trying not to waste our money flying his pizza maker in to make him a pie?

exactly what did you expect for him to accomplish in just 100 days???.....you're nuts

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2009, 09:02:14 PM »
Pretty simple.....Mr President, despite pledges during the campaign to get NATO to commit more forces to Afghanistan, they have decided to pay lip service to their commitments with support troops. This leaves the US and to a lesser extent Britain responsible for driving out the "resurgent" Taliban and AQ forces. How do u now propose to get Nato to live up to its repsonsibilities, as u layed out in the campaign?

Sir, u have said many times during and after the campain that the US and her allies will not stomach a nuclear Iran going so far as to say "Now, Iran's leaders must choose whether they will try to build a weapon or build a better future for their people. What is the US prepared to do if they choose the former?

As a follow up, will the US support Israel in a unilateral strike against Iran. Will it allow overflight of Iraqi airspace, which the US owns as part of the SOFA with Iraq?

Sir, it would appear that your administration is now open to continuing or restarting the military tribunals for Gitmo detainee's despite a stance during the campaign that said "the commissions had been an enormous failure  and "I reject the Military Commissions Act". Would u say that u were too hasty in ur judgement of the tribunals and if so, perhaps too hasty in closing gitmo itself.

How about that...not bad for 10 minutes...no gotcha's, no softballs..real questions based on Obama policy, quotes or actions.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2009, 09:03:27 PM »
RCP Poll
President Obama Job Approval
RCP Average: +30.7% Details
Approve 61.6%
Disapprove 30.9%

Congressional Job Approval
RCP Average: -28.7% Details
Approve 31.8%
Disapprove 60.5%

Direction of Country
RCP Average: -7.4% Details
Right Direction 42.6%
Wrong Track 50.0

Just enough to bounce him in 2012.
L

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2009, 12:44:27 AM »
Pretty simple.....Mr President, despite pledges during the campaign to get NATO to commit more forces to Afghanistan, they have decided to pay lip service to their commitments with support troops. This leaves the US and to a lesser extent Britain responsible for driving out the "resurgent" Taliban and AQ forces. How do u now propose to get Nato to live up to its repsonsibilities, as u layed out in the campaign?

No sense asking this question..we all know the Europeans are wimps who will not fight for their own mothers...this was hopeless from the start..saying the above won't help the situation any...we are lucky we got the upport troops which I suspect was our fallback position from the start...we actually got what we expected, which was better than nothing...

Sir, u have said many times during and after the campain that the US and her allies will not stomach a nuclear Iran going so far as to say "Now, Iran's leaders must choose whether they will try to build a weapon or build a better future for their people. What is the US prepared to do if they choose the former?

it would not be wise to answer this question right now while we are in the midst of two wars already...but I'm sure the Iranians know what will do...just look at Iraq

As a follow up, will the US support Israel in a unilateral strike against Iran. Will it allow overflight of Iraqi airspace, which the US owns as part of the SOFA with Iraq?

Of course we will...but again no point to coming out and saying that...and also, the U.S. can't give Israel permission to use Iraqi airspace...the Iraqi goverment controls that now

Sir, it would appear that your administration is now open to continuing or restarting the military tribunals for Gitmo detainee's despite a stance during the campaign that said "the commissions had been an enormous failure  and "I reject the Military Commissions Act". Would u say that u were too hasty in ur judgement of the tribunals and if so, perhaps too hasty in closing gitmo itself.

okay, you might have him on this one...but as president (and king of the world, practically) he can decide to change his mind upon further information...what more do you want from the guy?

How about that...not bad for 10 minutes...no gotcha's, no softballs..real questions based on Obama policy, quotes or actions.

okay I'll give you your props..good questions all in all....but the questions he got at the news conference were tough as well....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2009, 12:52:29 AM »
Just enough to bounce him in 2012.

ya think the repubs will get their shit together by then, and have a decent candidate?

or will it be palin and jindal, live on FOX from the Reagan Library, arguing about who loves God more?

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2009, 01:14:06 AM »
seems like HH6 wants more war.  Why ask questions on what would you do if...?  That's grade school shit.  Shit hasn't even happened yet and this clown wants answers for the hypothetical.  This moron shouldn't even be allowed to fucking vote.  Go to the middle east and start your own war buddy.

240 owns him and his cronies at EVERY turn with hardcore facts and he still doesn't get it. Unreal man.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2009, 09:29:11 AM »
First off u couldn't answer those questions..not even close. Obama can't answer em either. More war, where....

Obama promised to get NATO to send more combat troops..utter failure.
Obama has said he won't except a nuclear Iran...but what will he do to stop it...more failed UN resolutions?
I guess u didn't want to touch the military commissions act that Barry is restarting after he said he rejected it huh?

Andresman...we control Iraqi airspace according to the SOFA so we could allow Israel use of it. Iraq does not have the capacity to defend her airspace as of yet. We control it because of medivac and offensive operations that the US conducts. We can't however launch those operations without Iraq signing off on it. Israel overflight would not constitute a violation of that, even though the Iraqi's might flip out, but then they aren't crazy about iran either.

Ah Windsor88..I'm headed to Iraq in november for trip number 3....hope that helps.

L

Mons Venus

« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2009, 11:11:53 AM »
LOL ;D

According to Coach, G.Dubyah was a great president.

That's expected. Coach is a radical right-wing nutjob.