Author Topic: FDA Recalls Diet Pill Hydroxycut After Reports of Liver Damage, Health Problems  (Read 1169 times)

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
FDA Recalls Diet Pill Hydroxycut After Reports of Liver Damage, Health Problems

Friday, May 01, 2009
Associated Press

WASHINGTON —  Government health officials are announcing the recall of popular weight loss pill Hydroxycut, after reports of liver damage and other health problems.

Food and Drug Administration officials said Friday the manufacturer of Hydroxycut has launched a nationwide recall of the dietary supplement, used by people trying to shed pounds and by body builders to sharpen their muscles.

Hydroxycut is advertised as made from natural ingredients. It accounts for about 90 percent of the market for weight loss supplements, with sales of about 1 million bottles a year.

Dietary supplements are not as tightly regulated by the government as medications. Manufacturers don't need FDA approval ahead of time before marketing their products. 

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
damn i was going to try it too

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
What I'm wondering is what ingredient(s) is causing the liver damage.  The couple reports on this I've read today havn't listed a specific ingredient.

Pickpocket

• Getbig I
Would be nice if they did list what that ingredient(s) was.  Don't want to buy someting in place of Hydroxycut and find out it has the same liver damaging ingredients. 

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!

John O

• Getbig III
The FDA is warning consumers to stop using Hydroxycut
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 01:28:17 PM »
due to an association with serious liver damage. At least one possible Hydroxycut-related death from renal failure (liver damage) has been reported to the FDA.

http://www.usrecallnews.com/2009/05/fda-5414.html
Masters- 50-54
148#