Author Topic: UFC 98  (Read 16332 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Round 2 - The pace slows as Hughes lands the occasional body shot. Serra looks to his corner for instruction. Hughes with more body shots. Serra tries to escape, but Hughes puts him back on his back. Still working from hald guard, Hughes tries to free his other leg and instead opts for more body shots. Hughes' offense sputters and forces the ref to stand up the fighters with 10 seconds to go. Serra partially connects on a high kick before the horn sounds. It's a dominant round for Hughes, 10-9, though both fighters should be in good shape for the third-round finale.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
F'ing boring....... ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Round 3 - The fighters remain patient early in the third. Each takes a turn with punches that miss. Hughes charges forward for the clinch. Serra initially defends, but Hughes turns him around so he can't use the cage and drives forward to put Serra on his back. Serra goes high with a leg and tied up one of Hughes' arms before he waves at the cameras. The pace again slows as a stalemate ensues on the ground. Hughes postures up and gets trapped in a triangle. Serra can't hold out, and Hughes easily breaks free before dropping back into half guard. Serra clings to his opponent to get the restart. Back to the center of the cage. Hughes lands the second part of a combo but has little behind it. Hughes jabs and Serra taunts him briefly by sticking his chin out. The fighters clinch in the center of the cage before Serra throws Hughes and sends him airborne into the mat. Serra rains down blows, takes his opponent's back as Hughes tries to get to his feet, but he runs out of time. MMAjunkie.com scores the final round 10-9 for Hughes.

Matt Hughes def. Matt Serra via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Worst fight of the night, I almost fell asleep.

Gave it to Hughes cause he's Dana's bitch.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
UFC 98 hall of fame entry in my book! *spoiler*
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2009, 09:02:26 PM »
Matt Hughes

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Re: Does Anyone Know if TVU will have the fights tonight?
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2009, 09:03:22 PM »
thankyou :)

No doubt big tyme come through!

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2009, 09:13:47 PM »
FUCK!

it just went down :(

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2009, 09:14:24 PM »
fucking f.aggot dana white killing the stream right as the main event is about to start.

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2009, 09:18:45 PM »
its working again.  refresh it

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2009, 09:20:13 PM »
^^ thanks :)

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
CHAMP RASHAD EVANS VS. LYOTO MACHIDA (for light-heavyweight title)

Round 1 - No touch of the gloves as tonight's title fight gets underway. Machida stays in the center of the cage as Evans circles. Machida with a quick and ineffective leg kick 40 seconds in for the bout's first bit of offense. The boo birds already come out of the nest. Evans isn't getting sucked in and remains as patient as Machida. A minute a half in, and we have one strike thrown. Evans creates distance with a jab. Evans charges forward and knocks Evans off balance with a blocked head kick. Evans laughs it off. The pace again slows to a crawl as Evans continues circling. Machida finally provides some action with a body kick. Evans jabs from distance but no dice. Machida again charges in for a body kick, but Evans blocks it this time. Machida lands another body kick and drops Evans, and he swarms in. Evans gets back to his feet, the fighters briefly clinch, and then they each retreat. Nice blow by Machida, who misses on a following head kick. Not many shots but the ones that landed counted. MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Machida.

The Master

• Getbig V
YEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!! (MACHIDA/EVANS SPOILER)
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2009, 09:29:16 PM »
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

DEBUSSEY'S FAVORITE MACHIDA SMASHED RASHAD!§!!!!!

claymore

• Getbig IV
Re: YEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2009, 09:30:02 PM »
Raped him !!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Round 2 - Machida misses with an early body kick. Machida fakes a shot and then backs off. Machida with another big body kick. He instantly clinches, can't force the takedown and quickly retreats out of Evans' reach. Machida lands an inside leg kick. Machida lands two nice punches, and Evans counters with two of his own. Evans lands a nice body kick after a lull in action. Machida fakes a charge, and Evans circles away and resets. Machida throws a combination. The first punch dazes Evans and the second drops him. Machida Charges in throwing wild blows that connect. The frantic pace continues even as Evans fights back. The blows mount up and have Evans staggered. A few more shots and a final left knock him out for good and force the TKO stoppage.

Lyoto Machida def. Rashad Evans via TKO (strikes) - Round 2, 3:57 (to become new UFC light-heavyweight champion)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Have a good night fellas TITLE YOUR OWN SPOILERS IM GOING TO BED!
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2009, 09:36:33 PM »
Well first a movie with the wife. I'll add the scores up tomorrow and great fights tonight. Notate in the the topic title if you mention the result of a fight thanks!

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Re: UFC 98 hall of fame entry in my book! *spoiler*
« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2009, 09:45:05 PM »
Hes definetly a hall of famer and he stated at the end of the Sera fight that he had one last fight in him.

I for one, would love to see him fight Thiago again.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Re: Rashad Evans Bets Cash on Himself at UFC 98:
« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2009, 09:50:20 PM »
I hope he didn't bet too much.

Geesh- Lyoto has now dominated a laundry list of who's who in MMA including  BJ, Tito, Thiago Silva, Sokajuo and Rashad.

I honest to god do not see him losing to anyone at 205 anytime soon. Rampage is next. Does anyone seriously think that barring a glitch in timing, or Lyoto just not properly preparing for the fight, that Rampage will not get destroyed? 

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2009, 09:53:19 PM »
Rashad got fucking smashed!

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2009, 10:08:12 PM »
YES!!!!!!!!!!!

KTFO!!!!

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2009, 10:19:50 PM »
I hope he didn't bet too much.

Geesh- Lyoto has now dominated a laundry list of who's who in MMA including  BJ, Tito, Thiago Silva, Sokajuo and Rashad.

I honest to god do not see him losing to anyone at 205 anytime soon. Rampage is next. Does anyone seriously think that barring a glitch in timing, or Lyoto just not properly preparing for the fight, that Rampage will not get destroyed? 

He'll lose pretty soon. Not counting against him but there are some good fighters at LH. Especially if Shogun is rounding back into his former self.

It will be fun to watch all these matchups but I can see the belt jumping from fighter to fighter and back again.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: UFC 98 hall of fame entry in my book! *spoiler*
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2009, 10:44:26 PM »
Hughes is definately a hall of famer, but I didn't see anything in him tonight that would convince me he would do any better against Thiago in a rematch. 
Predictions
 40/61

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: BJ's hard work all these years has turned to shit!
« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2009, 04:25:43 AM »
Hahahah..he did it to himself...

James

Lyoto Machida Still Drinks His Own Piss
« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2009, 03:46:51 PM »