Author Topic: I hope owning that pit bull was worth endangering your child  (Read 22316 times)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Re: I hope owning that pit bull was worth endangering your child
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2009, 12:09:04 PM »
She didn`t do them.  She sent them to me which is why I put "via" Jezebelle.

Fair enough, that makes sense.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2009, 12:10:28 PM »
Fair enough, that makes sense.
They are computer graphics.  I didn`t realize Nordic Beast was so dim as to not realize this.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2009, 12:18:32 PM »
HERE IS the GREYHOUND RACING Facility that my dogs were trained at in Florida: Does this look like a nice place?  Do the dogs look abused?  The myths are highly annoying

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2009, 12:23:20 PM »
RACING FACILITIES are VERY NICE!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2009, 12:24:39 PM »
Last year, 100 percent of racing dogs were homed.

BigIronPete

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2009, 12:24:46 PM »
RACING FACILITIES are VERY NICE!

why do they cage the dogs? Why not let them roam. A bit barbaric no?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2009, 12:30:44 PM »
why do they cage the dogs? Why not let them roam. A bit barbaric no?

Do you see a cage? 

There is nearly a half a mile to a mile in each pen and each dog is housed in doors at night in air conditioning.

The racing facility I am sure is better than the average treatment a pet normally gets from a loving owner.  All racing facilities are open to the public as well.  There are WAY too many myths floating around and it really is saddening to see them being perpetuated.

BigIronPete

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2009, 12:34:35 PM »
Do you see a cage? 

There is nearly a half a mile to a mile in each pen and each dog is housed in doors at night in air conditioning.

The racing facility I am sure is better than the average treatment a pet normally gets from a loving owner.  All racing facilities are open to the public as well.  There are WAY too many myths floating around and it really is saddening to see them being perpetuated.

They are they restricted by fencing then. The Dingos of Australia run free all the way from sydney harbour to deep into the outback.

Who is the lady in the last picture? Is she single?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2009, 12:40:57 PM »
Each dog costs about a minimum of 10,000 dollars all the way up to 500,000 or more during their racing years depending on the pedigree.  Only the top dogs are bred and the population is HIGHLY regulated.  You cannot legally breed them yourself unless you have a National Greyhound License as it would pollute the gene pool.  

Do you think people would abuse such an investment?  It is like horse racing.  Do you think they will abuse a 30 million dollar thoroughbred?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2009, 12:41:51 PM »
They are they restricted by fencing then. The Dingos of Australia run free all the way from sydney harbour to deep into the outback.

Who is the lady in the last picture? Is she single?
Her Name is Tracey and I have no idea if she is or is not.

BigIronPete

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2009, 12:43:11 PM »
Her Name is Tracey and I have no idea if she is or is not.

Do you know her well? Does she own that place? What is she like? Tell me about her.

big man

• Getbig III
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2009, 12:44:39 PM »
I've said what I had to say about dogs on the pets board. No offense to dog owners, but they can't be trusted. This is a perfect example. What could a 2yr old possible do to the dog to deserve that? Pathetic. ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2009, 12:45:18 PM »
I've said what I had to say about dogs on the pets board. No offense to dog owners, but they can't be trusted. This is a perfect example. What could a 2yr old possible do to the dog to deserve that? Pathetic. ::)
Could have stepped on it while it was sleeping.

big man

• Getbig III
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2009, 12:52:15 PM »
Could have stepped on it while it was sleeping.
True but.... come on? A 2yr old

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2009, 12:54:25 PM »
Do you see a cage? 

I think sighthounds are my favourite group of dogs, though personally in terms of pure appearance I like Irish Wolfhounds and Scottish Deerhounds. Practically I would go for a whippet because they are well suited to apartment life.
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2009, 12:59:19 PM »
True but.... come on? A 2yr old

What has age got to do with it.  You don`t step on a sleeping dog. Any dog.

big man

• Getbig III
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2009, 01:05:34 PM »
What has age got to do with it.  You don`t step on a sleeping dog. Any dog.
Okay. It's not worth the arguement ::)

body88

« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2009, 01:21:46 PM »
People who own Pit Bulls have some type of "insecurity" they are dealing with.... ::)

The same is said about bodybuilders.  You're a fan of an activity that is based on insecurity, lol.  Also, I'm sure that a woman like jessica Beil owns a pitbull because she is sooo insecure  ::)  More famous pitbull owners, Thomas Edison, Jessica Alba, Woodrow Wilson, Brad Pitt........etc

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2009, 01:22:20 PM »
The same is said about bodybuilders.  You're a fan of an activity that is based on insecurity, lol.  Also, I'm sure that a woman like jessica Beil owns a pitbull because she is insecure  ::) 

You=good genetics.
I hate the State.

body88

« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2009, 01:27:40 PM »
You=good genetics.

That guy won't recover.

I have no problem with people who are not fans of pitbulls.  I get why they might feel that way.....it's a free country. However, I do have a problem with people who think they are experts on everything and talk a bunch of shit about something they know nothing about (like our friend a few posts above).

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2009, 01:31:24 PM »
Bullshit.

Your debating skillz are extraordinary, genius.

From Wiki:
A study examining a two-year period by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention stated that, "during 1997 and 1998, at least 27 people died of dog bite attacks (18 in 1997 and 9 in 1998). At least 25 breeds of dogs have been involved in 238 human DBRF (dog bite related fatalities) during the past 20 years. Pit bull-type dogs and Rottweilers" [the study places both breeds into one category] "...were involved in more than half of these deaths." Additionally, the article concluded: "Although fatal attacks on humans appear to be a breed-specific problem (pit bull-type dogs and Rottweilers), other breeds may bite and cause fatalities at higher rates."

and...

In response to a number of well-publicized incidents involving dogs that resemble Pit Bulls, some jurisdictions began placing restrictions on the ownership of Pit Bulls, such as the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 in the UK, an example of breed-specific legislation. Many jurisdictions have outlawed the possession of Pit Bulls, either Pit Bull breeds specifically, or in addition to other breeds that are regarded as dangerous.

A bunch of U.S. states have legislated against pit bulls - not against poodles, dachshunds or collies - due to a disproportionate number of incidents of pit bull attacks.

Also on Wikipedia there's a tidy list of countries around the world that either ban or legislate pit bulls- judiciaries the world over have deliberated on the relation between this species and attacks on humans and made rules in accordance. So I guess legislators across the globe and in the U.S. all pale in comparison to your detailed analysis of this matter?

Feel free to continue on in your role as a bottom feeder on Getbig, if that's your bag. Or instead, prove me wrong. Show some kind of evidence that pit bulls were not bred for fighting and that they aren't involved in a higher incidence of dog attacks than other breeds. That was all that my original post stated, to which you cried bullshit. Well, make your case, or take a powder.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2009, 01:34:01 PM »
dogs are as good or as bad as their owners.

ever met the kind of person that tends to own a pit or a rottie? they aren't all guys like nordic or knny, a lot of 'em are total shitbags that are PROUD that their dogs are mean and dangerous. get someone who's a little more nurturing and they'll be absolute teddy bears. friend of my family had three rotties and those things were so docile it was amazing.

body88

« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2009, 01:39:14 PM »
Your debating skillz are extraordinary, genius.

From Wiki:
A study examining a two-year period by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention stated that, "during 1997 and 1998, at least 27 people died of dog bite attacks (18 in 1997 and 9 in 1998). At least 25 breeds of dogs have been involved in 238 human DBRF (dog bite related fatalities) during the past 20 years. Pit bull-type dogs and Rottweilers" [the study places both breeds into one category] "...were involved in more than half of these deaths." Additionally, the article concluded: "Although fatal attacks on humans appear to be a breed-specific problem (pit bull-type dogs and Rottweilers), other breeds may bite and cause fatalities at higher rates."

and...

In response to a number of well-publicized incidents involving dogs that resemble Pit Bulls, some jurisdictions began placing restrictions on the ownership of Pit Bulls, such as the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 in the UK, an example of breed-specific legislation. Many jurisdictions have outlawed the possession of Pit Bulls, either Pit Bull breeds specifically, or in addition to other breeds that are regarded as dangerous.

A bunch of U.S. states have legislated against pit bulls - not against poodles, dachshunds or collies - due to a disproportionate number of incidents of pit bull attacks.

Also on Wikipedia there's a tidy list of countries around the world that either ban or legislate pit bulls- judiciaries the world over have deliberated on the relation between this species and attacks on humans and made rules in accordance. So I guess legislators across the globe and in the U.S. all pale in comparison to your detailed analysis of this matter?

Feel free to continue on in your role as a bottom feeder on Getbig, if that's your bag. Or instead, prove me wrong. Show some kind of evidence that pit bulls were not bred for fighting and that they aren't involved in a higher incidence of dog attacks than other breeds. That was all that my original post stated, to which you cried bullshit. Well, make your case, or take a powder.

You understand that pitbull type dogs includes about 5 breeds correct?  Also, that says that roughly 140 people have been killed by pitbull type dogs and rotts over the last 20 years.  last year alone 67 people died from being hit by lighting. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2009, 01:49:36 PM »

You understand that pitbull type dogs includes about 5 breeds correct? 
At minimum, but "Lurky" is too busy hating and surfing wiki to "prove" his stats.......I could pull stats all day long that show pits are way down the ranks of dog bites.....

Sounds to me like "Lurky" found that video of his old lady and the pit and now has an agenda against the poor dogs. :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2009, 01:50:53 PM »
Each dog costs about a minimum of 10,000 dollars all the way up to 500,000 or more during their racing years depending on the pedigree.  Only the top dogs are bred and the population is HIGHLY regulated.  You cannot legally breed them yourself unless you have a National Greyhound License as it would pollute the gene pool.  

Do you think people would abuse such an investment?  It is like horse racing.  Do you think they will abuse a 30 million dollar thoroughbred?
I'm glad to see you adopted your dogs and gave them a nice home. Did you not like the names Chuckles and Misty?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!