Author Topic: 15 days on "natural foods" only (no-manufacturated), best feelings ever  (Read 1564 times)

Seijuro

• Getbig II
I've been 15 days eating only the food as nature gives, I mean, no manufacturated, Wheat ok-bread no... I think our senses are overstimulated with all that "wonderful" products (ice creams, breads, butters, meats, french fries... impossible to count). I just try to keep bb sense (try to choose protein sources not just carbo... I try to keep fat low...). Feelings:
-Getting leaner and stronger.
-My taste is reeducated.
-It's hard to get 3000kcal per day, I don't feel hungry at all, and every day I like more lentils.
-Healthy feeling as never before.
-Fast and good recovery, great glycogen fullness feeling.
-Shining skin (LOL it's true).

What do u think? Make sense? I though it would be almost impossible... but now I really don't want other products...

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: 15 days on "natural foods" only, best feelings ever
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 07:43:01 PM »
How much protein do you think you get per day?

I've thought of doing it. Basically the "caveman diet", sounds good in theory.

If you could get your hands on some organic meat that would be good.
No doubt about it...

Seijuro

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 07:50:09 PM »
How much protein do you think you get per day?

I've thought of doing it. Basically the "caveman diet", sounds good in theory.

If you could get your hands on some organic meat that would be good.

I get easily 150g of protein per day or more (300g of dried lentils are 60, 500g of pea is 40, seaweed is also rich...). I don't use meat or fish, then is even easier of course. I consider milk as a "manufacturated", so nothing about milk, but I accept eggs as something u can "pick up".

Now think... You have to eat a lot (I prefer it much more that suffer and suffer cutting), and calories doesn't go up so easy (300g of dried lentils are around 1000).

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 07:53:55 PM »
I get easily 150g of protein per day or more (300g of dried lentils are 60, 500g of pea is 40, seaweed is also rich...). I don't use meat or fish, then is even easier of course. I consider milk as a "manufacturated", so nothing about milk, but I accept eggs as something u can "pick up".

Sounds good. Might have to try it one day.......

If i did it i would still have meat as the meat i get is organic. We have friends who own an organic beef cattle farm, so every couple of months my family orders half a cow and within 24 hrs of the cow being slaughtered, it's sitting in our freezer.  ;D
No doubt about it...

Seijuro

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 07:59:53 PM »

If i did it i would still have meat as the meat i get is organic. We have friends who own an organic beef cattle farm, so every couple of months my family orders half a cow and within 24 hrs of the cow being slaughtered, it's sitting in our freezer.  ;D

Then you get more protein for sure, the only point is, maybe, more products-->easier to eat more, so it's harder for cutting. Now I'm getting leaner eating as a cow XD. Anyway I think with meat you'll get it aswell.
I cook with no oil (it's a juice, so a manufacturated), most of things just boiled (lentils, peas, potatoes). I think meat should be done just alone, like caverman as you say XD.

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 06:07:09 AM »

i hate freezing meat, i rather buy it fresh.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 03:02:20 PM »
I've been 15 days eating only the food as nature gives, I mean, no manufacturated, Wheat ok-bread no... I think our senses are overstimulated with all that "wonderful" products (ice creams, breads, butters, meats, french fries... impossible to count). I just try to keep bb sense (try to choose protein sources not just carbo... I try to keep fat low...). Feelings:
-My taste is reeducated.
-It's hard to get 3000kcal per day, I don't feel hungry at all, and every day I like more lentils.

What do u think? Make sense? I though it would be almost impossible... but now I really don't want other products...

as if the food that "nature" gives are real natural and clean......nothing is clean nowadays everything is full of toxins and hormones, even the air we breath, the water we drink have something in them. Nothing is PURE like the ancient years, or even 40 years back

Seijuro

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 04:50:19 PM »
as if the food that "nature" gives are real natural and clean......nothing is clean nowadays everything is full of toxins and hormones, even the air we breath, the water we drink have something in them. Nothing is PURE like the ancient years, or even 40 years back

Absolutely agree nothing is pure, but never was probably, but I don't talk about that, it doesn't pretend to be a kind of "super natural green breath", it's just FUNCTIONAL, it is diferent for your mind, u don't get all that infinite tastes and forms. Different to eat cakes, bread, butter and protein powder to tomatoes, lentils, potatoes, peas... Easy? no first days, but I got lots of things after.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
-My taste is reeducated.

Isn't it amazing what healthy habits can do for you? now you know why I was able to go vegetarian despite emjoying the taste of a good cheeseburger. When you feel the difference in how your body looks and feels, ...there's just no going back to previous habits, if they just don't provide the same benefits, ...or if you they make you feel like you're dragging.

Congratulations on the epiphany!  :)
w

IronIsLife

• Getbig I
What were your gains like during this diet?

Were you trying to lose fat or gain muscle?

Did the diet improve your physique gains or just how you felt?

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
Bump Ironislife's question