Author Topic: The Week in Quotes: June 7th - 13th  (Read 634 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
The Week in Quotes: June 7th - 13th
« on: June 14, 2009, 05:05:13 PM »
DANA WHITE TO MIRKO FILIPOVIC: "YOU USED ME LIKE A TWO DOLLAR WHORE!"

"Isn’t that a dirty f**king thing to do?" - UFC President Dana White, revealing Mirko Filipovic's new three fight deal with Japanese promotion DREAM following his controversial TKO victory over Mostapha Al-Turk at UFC 99. (MMA Junkie)

"He f**ked me. The first time in the history of the company I do one over the phone. He promised me a three-fight deal and he f**ked me." - White, just got owned harder than Princess Leia in Jabba's Palace.

"I just wanted to justify the trust that Dana White gave to me." - Filipovic, prior to the fight.  (Cage Writer)

"He talked about honor and all this other s**t and he f**ked me." - White, who should know as well as anyone that nothing in life is guaranteed.

"He turned down every other f**king fighter I offered him, because I needed him to fight Cain. He didn’t just poke Al-Turk; he poked me, too." - White.  I'm a little confused because I thought Mirko contacted him.  If Dana "needed" him to fight Cain Velasquez, wouldn't that imply that Dana contacted Cro Cop?

"No comment, that is my private business relations." - Filipovic. Ice Cold. (Dnevnik)

"For me, it's head. How aggressive you will be. Who will attack first?" - Filipovic. Prophetic.

THE BIGGER THEY ARE, THE DUMBER THEY FALL
"I would like to end my career in the UFC." - Former UFC heavyweight champ Tim Sylvia, prior to his thumping at the hands of a 48 year old Ray Mercer.  Suffice to say, I don't think we'll see Timmah back in the UFC ever again. (Fighters Only)

"I whooped that ass." - Mercer, summing up the fight beautifully.  Mercer stopped Sylvia by TKO less than ten seconds into the contest.

IT'S OKAY, I'M IRISH

"We went back and forth on the stand-up, Hardy dropped me with a knee, I think, but I knocked him down with a hook. I also scored more takedowns, more submission attempts and outpowered him the whole fight." - Marcus Davis, explaining why he believes he won his fight against Dan Hardy at UFC 99 between swigs of whiskey.

"Hardy came into my dressing room to talk after and I said I won. He said it was close. And he wouldn't argue. That took something. I guess he's not apologized for going too far with the talking. I won the fight." - Davis, who became suddenly enraged and demanded to know who stole his potatoes.

NO NEED FOR WITTY QUIPS, THIS QUOTE SPEAKS FOR ITSELF

"I would love to fight that old man Frank Shamrock for all the shit he talks about me. But Frank would never fight me in a million years. All the stability balls in the world couldnt save Frank. He is a shameless self promoter that would not make it out of round one against me and he knows it. I called him out at the hotel last night for all the shit he talks about me." - Jake Shields (Fight Magazine)

"He has zero jiu jitsu skill. Apparently rolling around with a rubber ball all day does not tighten up your jiu jitsu game as much as previously thought. But I'm wasting all of our time even talking about this right now. Frank knows he would get smashed by me. Yet he will still talk shit about me but not sign on the dotted line. That's what Frank does. He's a creepy looking 50-something-year-old man, with a flat nose, and some 13-year-old kid's braces on his teeth, trying to always talk himself up so people think he is still relevant." - Shields

"He beat Cesar and Nick smashed him...How about a rubber match Frank? I would come up to your weight and I would give you my entire purse if you could even make it to a decision against me. Then you could buy all the stability balls in San Jose to grapple against every day for the rest of your life, you dick." - Shields

WELL, AT LEAST HE HAD AN ANSWER FOR THE TRASH TALK

"You gonna fucking hold me all night?" - Mike Swick, trash talking to Ben Saunders during their fight at UFC 99. (UFC Telecast)

"Well, we can stand back up bitch." - Saunders, responding to Swick.  Swick finished Saunders off by TKO in round 2.

SACRAMENTO IS DECADENT AND DEPRAVED

"I see them, they're staring right at me and they're calling me a homo." - WEC featherweight champ Mike Brown, describing the crowds taunts on his way to the cage to fight Urijah Faber at WEC 41. (Cage Writer)

"I just wish I could like switch places for a minute and make them walk down to the stage. I was saying kind of like, 'I love you too' kind of deal." - Brown.  It's a shame because Brown's one of the most humble and respectful fighters in the sport.

"Stop fighting in the stands so you can stick around. Come on Sacramento!" - WEC ring announcer Joe Martinez, making light of several fights at ARCO Arena. (Cage Writer)

PAUL KELLY TYPES AS CLEARLY AS HE TALKS

"I am gona break his jaw the cheaky girl the ufc is havin enough bad press as it is an that little mummys boy goes an does that watch this space people … people that now me now that i fight better angree that guy has just fucked up roally." - Paul Kelly.  Wow. (Cage Warriors)

WHITE NOISE

"If Josh Barnett beats Fedor, obviously I’d be interested in signing Josh Barnett." - UFC President Dana White (MMA Junkie)

"Obviously if he beats Fedor, he’s one of the best in the world." - White, making me nervous with all this uncharacteristic praise for Fedor Emelianenko

PARTING SHOTS

"I was picked up at the airport on Saturday morning and when we got on the Autobahn, we were doing about 240 to 250 kilometers an hour to get to the hotel." - Former UFC middleweight champ Rich Franklin, while making a comparison between MMA in Germany/high speed driving in America and the need for education. (Yahoo)

"He bleeds, he’s not god." - Mostapha Al-Turk, who may not be aware of this painting. (Daily Star)

"If I wanted to have money, I’d buy apartments, now they’re so cheap. But I’m a fighter, not a realtor." - Former Pride middleweight champ Wanderlei Silva.  Would he play "Sandstorm" every time he closed a deal? (Slam! Canoe)

"I don’t understand this question about my chin. When you open your face for four or five punches it doesn’t matter your chin, you will get KOed." - Former UFC heavyweight champ Andrei Arlovski.  Maybe this has something to do with it: Rogers, Emelianenko, Sylvia, Rizzo, Rodriguez, DATSIK. (Arlovski.com)

"After the round I told my Muay Thai instructor that my hand was broken, and he said, ‘Shut up … you’re a champion in your heart,’ which got my mind back in the fight." - Former WEC featherweight champ Urijah Faber. I think this is a really bad ass quote. (MMA Mania)

"That’s going to be the No. 1 and the No. 2 female fighting in the world." - Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker.  I didn't know he signed Megumi Fujii. (Fight Line)