Author Topic: Dozen armed at Obama event - two with AR-15 rifles!  (Read 3372 times)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: Dozen armed at Obama event - two with AR-15 rifles!
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 06:20:03 AM »
No serious, I was born in a trash bin in the slums of Harlem, rose from the dead, started my own business, and wine and dine with Trump and Jay Z.   

On a serious note, anyone openly carrying to these events is just asking for trouble. 

glad to see you pulled yourself out of the gutter haha....

I agree.I support the right to arms fully...but this has future tragedy written all over it.
DAWG

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 06:20:55 AM »
glad to see you pulled yourself out of the gutter haha....

I agree.I support the right to arms fully...but this has future tragedy written all over it.

I think it weakens their position greatly.   

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 06:23:33 AM »
I don't understand what the significance is of coming armed?   ???

S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 06:24:39 AM »
yeah, last month, if anyone said we'd see 12 guns (and 2 rifles at a presidential event), getbig would have laughed them off the board.

Today, we see it.  In a month, that could be 75 guns and 20 rifles, all carrying signs calling for blood to water the tree of liberty.

At some point, there's no way in hell I'd show up with my family to a potential disaster like that.  At some point, even I - a staunch pro-gun guy who carries - will say I prefer a sign saying no guns at this place.  because they're not responsible.  They're high-signing that shit.  The dumbass who DROPPED HIS GUN is a major sign it's amateur hour there.  I've carried 12 years and never dropped my piece once.  You're telling me this guy drops his gun at a presidential event?  Gimme a break.  

People, you're gonna giftwrap new anti-gun legislation.  And it's your own fcking fault.  This is like the militias of the 90s who thumbed their nose at law enforcement because technically, the law allowed them to stockpile thousands of guns and run armed drills in their yards, 50 feet from a school or 5 feet from their neighbor's yard.  People got sick of that and sure enough, the anti-gun legislation came next.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 06:30:32 AM »
What's the law on weapon status when you carry a gun in public?

Can you be locked and loaded and weapon on fire?

Do you have to have the magazine out or can it be in the well?

Just curious.
G

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 06:32:33 AM »
I don't understand what the significance is of coming armed?   ???

exactly my question...  I'm not sure I see the up side and only see potential down sides for all involved, including pro 2nd amendment people.  It's a big WTF to me?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 06:32:42 AM »
What's the law on weapon status when you carry a gun in public?

Can you be locked and loaded and weapon on fire?

Do you have to have the magazine out or can it be in the well?

Just curious.

It's legal in many states.  Loaded, cocked back.  Stupid to carry like that, but legal.

however, when the leader of the free world is in the house, most people have the common sense to leave the gun in the truck.  They're 100% safe (as the place is filled with police and secret service).   It shoud be common sense to just not carry.

These people are immature, smug, and are trying to rub it in obama's face that they are allowed to carry, technically.  Wait til brady Bill II come out, and their ignorant asses dropping guns at events is a catalyst for its creation.  

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2009, 06:47:26 AM »

It's legal in many states.  Loaded, cocked back.  Stupid to carry like that, but legal.

however, when the leader of the free world is in the house, most people have the common sense to leave the gun in the truck.  They're 100% safe (as the place is filled with police and secret service).   It shoud be common sense to just not carry.

These people are immature, smug, and are trying to rub it in obama's face that they are allowed to carry, technically.  Wait til brady Bill II come out, and their ignorant asses dropping guns at events is a catalyst for its creation.  
they're either retarded or anti-gun advocates being sneaky.  either way they're not helping anyone with stunts like this.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2009, 06:49:03 AM »
they're either retarded or anti-gun advocates being sneaky.  either way they're not helping anyone with stunts like this.
I doubt an anti-gun supporter would own a gun, much less carry it out in public. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2009, 06:53:54 AM »
i hear a lot of repubs accusing the guys of being left-wing plants.

however, if this were the case, it wouldn't take Glenn beck 5 minutes to research these folks and expose them as Obama shills.

And Repubs muttering about it on message boards isn't all that helpful.  They should politely tell the armed guy that kind of drama isn't welcome here.

i sitll can't get over the dickhead who dropped a gun at a presidential event.  It's just a matter of time until one of these weekend warriors has an accidental discharge and someone gets shot in the leg or ass or something.  Then, we'll see cries for gun bans.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2009, 07:26:21 AM »
Oh please ::)  Nobody dropped anything.  Nothing changes because of that.  Where is that stated anyway?  But either way, the same WTF stands...

It still stands?Well,the second post in the thread said it was because of Limbaugh.Does that still stand.I know Rush is THE MOST INFLUENCIAL man in the media BY MILES but I didn't know the left listens to him and does what he says.He must be even bigger then I though he was.I guess the left finally got so bored of half wits like Olberman and Olberman in drag that they now have been converted over to Rush.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2009, 07:31:37 AM »
Even with posted links from people that were there, some of you have the facts wrong.  ::)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2009, 07:49:34 AM »
Security costs are impacted.  If more show up, even moreso.  You can`t be that naive to think that if 50 or 100 people showed up with guns that they would just let one secret service agent and one cop watch over all 50 or 100.

Don`t be a moron.

the only moron here is you.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2009, 07:50:32 AM »
It still stands?Well,the second post in the thread said it was because of Limbaugh.Does that still stand.I know Rush is THE MOST INFLUENCIAL man in the media BY MILES but I didn't know the left listens to him and does what he says.He must be even bigger then I though he was.I guess the left finally got so bored of half wits like Olberman and Olberman in drag that they now have been converted over to Rush.
It is partly Rush.  It's also Hannity and Glenn Beck.  Those were the major players is scaring the crap out of people with the "Obama will take your guns in a week" fiasco... lol...  Look, I just don't think this helps anyone.  I'm pro-gun.  I see nothing good in clowns showing up armed to protest the president.  Not cool.  It surely fuels anti-gun sentiments.  There's plenty of other ways to get the message across with looking crazy.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2009, 07:51:34 AM »
Even with posted links from people that were there, some of you have the facts wrong.  ::)
what?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2009, 07:53:21 AM »
On the plus side...

Obama's been pulling lib moves left and right.  It was a HUGE bold move to just go ahead and print ten trillion dollars of debt.

And despite this fearlessness, he's avoided the gun topic.  because he knows it'll get a lot of libs, and moderates, to pick the Repub candidate no matter what.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2009, 08:18:40 AM »
Read this thread.

http://www.arizonashooting.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86525&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=20

just point me to the fucking relevant posts you're thinking about.  I'm not reading 7 pages of rednecks in a circle jerk creaming eachother over the authenticity of the gun and how proud they are.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2009, 08:24:09 AM »
just point me to the fucking relevant posts you're thinking about.  I'm not reading 7 pages of rednecks in a circle jerk creaming eachother over the authenticity of the gun and how proud they are.

Then tough fucking shit my pissed off friend. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2009, 08:29:42 AM »
It is partly Rush.  It's also Hannity and Glenn Beck.  Those were the major players is scaring the crap out of people with the "Obama will take your guns in a week" fiasco... lol...  Look, I just don't think this helps anyone.  I'm pro-gun.  I see nothing good in clowns showing up armed to protest the president.  Not cool.  It surely fuels anti-gun sentiments.  There's plenty of other ways to get the message across with looking crazy.

To be honest,I dont know why people go to protests at all.I can see the town hall meetings because its rare you actually see your representative,but you couldnt pay me to go to a tea party,a protest,an animal rights march,an anti abortion march etc.Christ,dont these people have jobs?When Im off from work,I certainly dont have the desire to go and shout at people I dont like.I can do that everyday right from my car.Seems a big waste of time to stand around with a sign.Do they think they are changing minds?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2009, 08:36:27 AM »
To be honest,I dont know why people go to protests at all.I can see the town hall meetings because its rare you actually see your representative,but you couldnt pay me to go to a tea party,a protest,an animal rights march,an anti abortion march etc.Christ,dont these people have jobs?When Im off from work,I certainly dont have the desire to go and shout at people I dont like.I can do that everyday right from my car.Seems a big waste of time to stand around with a sign.Do they think they are changing minds?
lol ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2009, 08:37:34 AM »
Then tough fucking shit my pissed off friend. 
you can't link a post? lol...  Sorry I came off harsh.  After one page of them circle jerking eachother, I said fuck that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2009, 10:22:24 AM »
the gun nuts make a good point i'm not sure they follow.

There's always the possibility that SOMEONE ELSE in the audience might pull their gun from the holster, and start shooting.  Sure, you're a smart gun owner and would never break the law.  But this thing isn't concealed in your underwear.  It's on your hip.  If bad guy A walks up and grabs both of my wrists, Bad guy B is gonna be able to pull that gun from holster and start capping before anyone knows what's happening.

Then, of course, you have a room full of 200 police, 20 "heros" in the crowd pulling their own gun, and bullets flying everywhere.

I'm saying this as a pro-gun motherfvcker who has carried a pistol every day for the last 12 years.  You don't bring that shit into a crowded room on your hip with a loved/hated important person such as the president present.  hell, you don't bring a gun on your hip to ANY place where it's wall to wall crowded people and extremely high emotion, people screaming and throwing blows, etc.  YOu don't know if the ACORN nut next to you is gonna grab your glock and start firing, do you?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2009, 10:30:40 AM »
the gun nuts make a good point i'm not sure they follow.

There's always the possibility that SOMEONE ELSE in the audience might pull their gun from the holster, and start shooting.  Sure, you're a smart gun owner and would never break the law.  But this thing isn't concealed in your underwear.  It's on your hip.  If bad guy A walks up and grabs both of my wrists, Bad guy B is gonna be able to pull that gun from holster and start capping before anyone knows what's happening.

Then, of course, you have a room full of 200 police, 20 "heros" in the crowd pulling their own gun, and bullets flying everywhere.

I'm saying this as a pro-gun motherfvcker who has carried a pistol every day for the last 12 years.  You don't bring that shit into a crowded room on your hip with a loved/hated important person such as the president present.  hell, you don't bring a gun on your hip to ANY place where it's wall to wall crowded people and extremely high emotion, people screaming and throwing blows, etc.  YOu don't know if the ACORN nut next to you is gonna grab your glock and start firing, do you?
wait... wait... yes this sounds familiar... I think it's the... yes... the Wyatt Earp Philosophy.  Hmmm, what state did that all go down at again? :D