Author Topic: How many Getbigers believe in Darwins evolution theory?  (Read 14802 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: How many Getbigers believe in Darwins evolution theory?
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2009, 06:46:14 PM »
Sucky,

Your post is what scientists refer to as "NOT EVEN WRONG".

You need to understand the process before you critique some imagied flaw in the theory. Mutation is NOT always detrimental to an organism, nor is it the only method of adaption.

Sexual reproduction introduces huge VARIATIONS in the expression of genes (the genotype) in the phenotype (the body). Perhaps if you think in terms of variation instead of your mistaken concept of mutation you might better grasp the process.

Your argument that DNA avoids mutation "at all costs" is simply wrong, and countered with a singe word: cancer.

I think you have coflated one of the basic MECHANISMS of evolution (mutation) with the PROCESS itself.

Variation among a breeding species/population is caused by:
-mutations (deletions, transpositions, reversals, insertions of genes and gene groups)
-sexual blending of genes

Evolution itself is caused by:
-adaptive advatage
-reproductive advantage
-sexual selection
-population filtering (immunity; adaptability; "fitness" or aptness)
-species radiation

Believe me when I tell you that you misuderstand the basics sufficiently that you won't comprehend why you are mistaken... not without further study.

The Luke
What did bigfoot evolve from?

Do you have a job yet ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2009, 06:46:19 PM »
Yes it's true..........religion is the root of all evil.
No doubt about it...

suckmymuscle

« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2009, 06:50:26 PM »
Sucky,

Your post is what scientists refer to as "NOT EVEN WRONG".

You need to understand the process before you critique some imagied flaw in the theory. Mutation is NOT always detrimental to an organism, nor is it the only method of adaption.

Sexual reproduction introduces huge VARIATIONS in the expression of genes (the genotype) in the phenotype (the body). Perhaps if you think in terms of variation instead of your mistaken concept of mutation you might better grasp the process.

Your argument that DNA avoids mutation "at all costs" is simply wrong, and countered with a singe word: cancer.

I think you have coflated one of the basic MECHANISMS of evolution (mutation) with the PROCESS itself.

Variation among a breeding species/population is caused by:
-mutations (deletions, transpositions, reversals, insertions of genes and gene groups)
-sexual blending of genes

Evolution itself is caused by:
-adaptive advatage
-reproductive advantage
-sexual selection
-population filtering (immunity; adaptability; "fitness" or aptness)
-species radiation

Believe me when I tell you that you misuderstand the basics sufficiently that you won't comprehend why you are mistaken... not without further study.

The Luke

Again, it is irrelevant whether mutations are beneficial or not. The point is that mutations are flaws that should not happen, and flaws that the DNA avoids committing. This is the keypoint. So you are telling me that the mechanism that drives natural selection is something that the DNA selects against? What kind of retard logic is this? Going by your logic, people who are the most assymetrical should be the most attractive, because they have the highest number of mutations, and yet these people are considered the least attractive. Riddle me that? You are wrong. Period. The one who is talking out of his ass is you. Lol.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2009, 06:58:30 PM »
  Oh, and The Luke, before you claim I know nothing on the subject, consider that I am one of the founders of the gene expression discussion groupwww.gnxp.com. I have forgotten more on the subject than you'll ever know. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2009, 06:59:26 PM »

Your main problems = the low IQ groups.
and that = modern republicans. well, more or less..the people that vote for them. there are somoe very intelligent people directing the republican policies... however those people and their motivations are not at the forefront.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2009, 07:04:40 PM »
 Oh, and The Luke, before you claim I know nothing on the subject, consider that I am one of the founders of the gene expression discussion groupwww.gnxp.com. I have forgotten more on the subject than you'll ever know. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Sure you are, Jason. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2009, 07:48:17 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

...you don't seem to now that DNA cannot and does not copy itself with perfect fidelity.

The Luke

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #132 on: September 15, 2009, 07:59:22 PM »
SMM talks like someone with an agenda. There is no should in biology. Once you examine theories from a prescriptive point of view it is no longer science.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2009, 08:22:53 PM »
...you don't seem to now that DNA cannot and does not copy itself with perfect fidelity.

The Luke

And yet it strongly selects against mistakes in gene expression. Riddle me that? Why are people with the most mutations the least prefered as sexual mates? Sure, all of us are mutants. No one has each gene allele expressing their proteins perfectly. However, the fact that the DNA avoids as much as possible synthesizing proteins incorrectly and avoids this futurely as well by avoiding to mate with people who show evidence of a high degree of mutations indicates that mutations cannot be the driving force of evolution otherwise the DNA would select for it and not against it.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2009, 08:25:53 PM »
  And yet it strongly selects against mistakes in gene expression. Riddle me that? Why are people with the most mutations the least prefered as sexual mates? Sure, all of us are mutants. No one has each gene allele expressing their proteins perfectly. However, the fact that the DNA avoids as much as possible synthesizing proteins incorrectly and avoids this futurely as well by avoiding to mate with people who show evidence of a high degree of mutations indicates that mutations cannot be the driving force of evolution otherwise the DNA would select for it and not against it.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

...I could correct the mistakes in this, if you like?

I dont want to unnecessarily embarrass "one of the founders of the gene expression discussion groupwww.gnxp.com".

The Luke

suckmymuscle

« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2009, 08:31:48 PM »
...I could correct the mistakes in this, if you like?

I dont want to unnecessarily embarrass "one of the founders of the gene expression discussion groupwww.gnxp.com".

The Luke

Go ahead. Make my day. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2009, 08:55:10 PM »
I am really flipped at the movie called "Creation" is banned because of only 39% of american citizen are believing in evolution theory.
How about you guys? Especialy American Getbigers.

I don't believe it but it is the theory I would go with in any relevant thought process.

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: September 15, 2009, 09:10:06 PM »
I'm an educated fool with Michelle Pfeiffer on my mind.

one of the most gorgeous women ever...

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2009, 09:25:12 PM »

one of the most gorgeous women ever...

Long time no see Sperms. How is that painting of Debussey's penis coming along? 8)

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2009, 09:59:35 PM »
  And yet it strongly selects against mistakes in gene expression. Riddle me that?

...strongly selects: yes. But not perfectly. There is still plenty of room for mutation.

None of this is actually up for debate as the process of mutation has been fully modelled, studied and even observed. Even the mechanisms of mutation have been quantified and identified, everything from simple deletions; repetitions; insertions; transpositions and plain old random coding errors to very complicated exotic mechanisms involving viral manipulation of gene sequences.

People "strongly select" against bumping into each other in the street because it is usually disadvantageous, but sometimes people bump into each other; fall in love; marry and spend the rest of their lives walking almost everywhere together.

I still watch where I'm going: strongly select against making mistakes. That doesn't mean people can't bump into each other and fall in love.

Why are people with the most mutations the least prefered as sexual mates?

They aren't.

This is a common misconception adhered to by those who WANT or NEED to find some error, any error in the evolutionary theory (I'll presume you are some version of Creationist).

In reality, humans do indeed select mates based on certain genetic criteria:
-general health
-body structure
-facial (and body) bilateral symmetry
-ethnicity
-smell

General health is pretty obvious, body structure is probably secondary to that (with an emphasis on secondary sexual characteristics but with a neotenic twist), and the smell component is based upon a biological imperative to find a mate with as few immune system trace smells in common as possible in order that any offsping produced have the best possible mix of immunities. If memory serves me there are someting like six individual immunity smells associated with humans, and each human carries three of these distinct smell markers (don't quote me on those exact numbers, I'm a physicist by training not an endocrinologist).

But then we have ethnicity and bilateral symmetry.

The ethnicity aspect is based around a preference to limit the chances of in-breeding, while still producing viabe offspring... humans prefer a mate that is a happy medium of being as diverse from their own gene pool as possible while simultaneously not being so distantly related as to hinder the chances of conception.

Capt Kirk happily made it with the green Orion slave girl, but he didnt ask the Gorn if he had a sister, get it? Both green, both alien chicks... but more chance of impregnating the green-skinned hottie than the green scaled egg-laying lizard woman.

If you average male faces across the entire population, the hypothetical "mathematically average guy" looks suspiciously like Brad Pitt... that's why most girls find him so attractive, he's genetically right in the middle of human diversity: not so distant as to be reproductively incompatible to the vast majority of women, nor so closely related as to represent an in-breeding danger to the vast majority of women.

Similarly, half-caste/mixed-race people are considerd attractive by a large overlap of both groups from which they are derived... despite a natural hman preference for ones own racial group.

Now on to the crux of the problem... bilateral symmetry. Critics with a poor understanding of geneitcs (Creationists) often conflate bilateral symmetry with some measure of mutation. Such is NOT THE CASE.

Strands of DNA helix are NOT involved in producing each side of the body, nor any body macro-structures. The helix is simply a storage/replication method for the DNA molecule itself, bodily asymmetries DO NOT reflect any underlying DNA asymmetry or mutation.

Humans prefer symmetrical mates (especialy facially symmetric mates) as a high degree of facial symmetry is a good effective measure of overall health.

Facial and bodily symmetry is a measure of proper GROWTH, not a measure of mutation.

If someone has a lob-sided face, that usually means they have suffered several low-grade sinus infections, indicating they are sickly stock. Likewise a strong jaw (relative to gender) and good cranial symmetry indicates good nutrition during a relatively disease-free childhood.

There is absolutely NO WAY for any animal (human or otherwise) to select a mate based on mutation quotient... as such mutations almost always go unexpressed in the phenotype (most DNA is inactive "junk" DNA).

Mutations only become obvious when they are so detrimental as to produce an obviously damaged individual. For example, most humans would be put off a prospective mate if that mate was grotesquely deformed/crippled by a simple single gene mutation such as produces Proteus Syndrome (what John Merrick, the so-called Elephant Man semingly suffered from).

Most humans would prefer a nice musky-smelling, healthy-looking, symmetrical and attactive mate... a mate who might well carry recessive gene expressions for hundreds of fatal genetic congenital disorders.

Mates are NOT selected based on mutation.

The vast, vast majority of mutations have NO EFFECT and NO EXPRESSION.

A small percentage of mutations result in cancer, and a smaller still fraction resut in entirely new gene expressions which then become traits that compete in the gene pool.

Mutation is merely the mechanism which randomly gives rise to new genes... evolution is the process by which these new genes compete for replication.

The entire premise of your argument is faulty.

Sure, all of us are mutants. No one has each gene allele expressing their proteins perfectly. However, the fact that the DNA avoids as much as possible synthesizing proteins incorrectly

...no it doesn't.

It still allows room for mutation. Only ring structure DNA sequences (as found in some primitive microbes) actively prevent and correct DNA mutations, and even they still allow for some mutation errors to occur. Google "spirococci radium durens" a germ that has near perfect reproductive fidelity due to its unique self-correcting DNA structure.

...and avoids this futurely as well by avoiding to mate with people who show evidence of a high degree of mutations...

...doesn't happen.

Mates are NOT selected based on mutations or mutation quotient, they are selected based on phenotype.

....indicates that mutations cannot be the driving force of evolution otherwise the DNA would select for it and not against it.

...just plain wrong. So very, very wrong.

This is tantamont to claiming that because the layering of bricks builds walls, then rockslides should produce cathedrals... obviousy they don't, therefore the layering of bricks does not build walls.

Stupid. Faulty extrapolaion, from faulty misconceptions.

...guess you forgot the basic concepts.

The Luke

suckmymuscle

« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2009, 10:53:09 PM »
...strongly selects: yes. But not perfectly. There is still plenty of room for mutation.

None of this is actually up for debate as the process of mutation has been fully modelled, studied and even observed. Even the mechanisms of mutation have been quantified and identified, everything from simple deletions; repetitions; insertions; transpositions and plain old random coding errors to very complicated exotic mechanisms involving viral manipulation of gene sequences.

People "strongly select" against bumping into each other in the street because it is usually disadvantageous, but sometimes people bump into each other; fall in love; marry and spend the rest of their lives walking almost everywhere together.

I still watch where I'm going: strongly select against making mistakes. That doesn't mean people can't bump into each other and fall in love.

They aren't.

This is a common misconception adhered to by those who WANT or NEED to find some error, any error in the evolutionary theory (I'll presume you are some version of Creationist).

-general health
-body structure
-ethnicity
-smell

General health is pretty obvious, body structure is probably secondary to that (with an emphasis on secondary sexual characteristics but with a neotenic twist), and the smell component is based upon a biological imperative to find a mate with as few immune system trace smells in common as possible in order that any offsping produced have the best possible mix of immunities. If memory serves me there are someting like six individual immunity smells associated with humans, and each human carries three of these distinct smell markers (don't quote me on those exact numbers, I'm a physicist by training not an endocrinologist).

The ethnicity aspect is based around a preference to limit the chances of in-breeding, while still producing viabe offspring... humans prefer a mate that is a happy medium of being as diverse from their own gene pool as possible while simultaneously not being so distantly related as to hinder the chances of conception.

Capt Kirk happily made it with the green Orion slave girl, but he didnt ask the Gorn if he had a sister, get it? Both green, both alien chicks... but more chance of impregnating the green-skinned hottie than the green scaled egg-laying lizard woman.

If you average male faces across the entire population, the hypothetical "mathematically average guy" looks suspiciously like Brad Pitt... that's why most girls find him so attractive, he's genetically right in the middle of human diversity: not so distant as to be reproductively incompatible to the vast majority of women, nor so closely related as to represent an in-breeding danger to the vast majority of women.

Similarly, half-caste/mixed-race people are considerd attractive by a large overlap of both groups from which they are derived... despite a natural hman preference for ones own racial group.

Now on to the crux of the problem... bilateral symmetry. Critics with a poor understanding of geneitcs (Creationists) often conflate bilateral symmetry with some measure of mutation. Such is NOT THE CASE.

Strands of DNA helix are NOT involved in producing each side of the body, nor any body macro-structures. The helix is simply a storage/replication method for the DNA molecule itself, bodily asymmetries DO NOT reflect any underlying DNA asymmetry or mutation.

Humans prefer symmetrical mates (especialy facially symmetric mates) as a high degree of facial symmetry is a good effective measure of overall health.

Facial and bodily symmetry is a measure of proper GROWTH, not a measure of mutation.

If someone has a lob-sided face, that usually means they have suffered several low-grade sinus infections, indicating they are sickly stock. Likewise a strong jaw (relative to gender) and good cranial symmetry indicates good nutrition during a relatively disease-free childhood.

There is absolutely NO WAY for any animal (human or otherwise) to select a mate based on mutation quotient... as such mutations almost always go unexpressed in the phenotype (most DNA is inactive "junk" DNA).

Mutations only become obvious when they are so detrimental as to produce an obviously damaged individual. For example, most humans would be put off a prospective mate if that mate was grotesquely deformed/crippled by a simple single gene mutation such as produces Proteus Syndrome (what John Merrick, the so-called Elephant Man semingly suffered from).

Most humans would prefer a nice musky-smelling, healthy-looking, symmetrical and attactive mate... a mate who might well carry recessive gene expressions for hundreds of fatal genetic congenital disorders.

The vast, vast majority of mutations have NO EFFECT and NO EXPRESSION.

A small percentage of mutations result in cancer, and a smaller still fraction resut in entirely new gene expressions which then become traits that compete in the gene pool.

Mutation is merely the mechanism which randomly gives rise to new genes... evolution is the process by which these new genes compete for replication.

...no it doesn't.

It still allows room for mutation. Only ring structure DNA sequences (as found in some primitive microbes) actively prevent and correct DNA mutations, and even they still allow for some mutation errors to occur. Google "spirococci radium durens" a germ that has near perfect reproductive fidelity due to its unique self-correcting DNA structure.

...doesn't happen.

Mates are NOT selected based on mutations or mutation quotient, they are selected based on phenotype.

This is tantamont to claiming that because the layering of bricks builds walls, then rockslides should produce cathedrals... obviousy they don't, therefore the layering of bricks does not build walls.

The Luke

This post is idiotic beyond description, and it's author believes that sounding pedantic makes him right. Well, it doesen't. I will address it tomorrow because I'm really tired right now.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Blücher

• Getbig II
  • "WHERE YOU STAY AT?!"-SAMSON123
« Reply #141 on: September 15, 2009, 11:03:32 PM »
This post is far beyond my comprehension. I will address it tomorrow because I'm really owned right now and will have to stay up all night doing research on google to try prove you wrong.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

The Master

• Getbig V

suckmymuscle

« Reply #143 on: September 15, 2009, 11:31:29 PM »

Uh, no. I will address it. Everything he wrote is bullshit, especially considering that I didn't even say the things he claims I did. You know what? I will reply to it now just to shut your stupid mouth.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: September 15, 2009, 11:32:30 PM »
  Uh, no. I will address it. Everything he wrote is bullshit, especially considering that I didn't even say the things he claims I did. You know what? I will reply to it now just to shut your stupid mouth.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Temper flaring up? 8)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2009, 12:21:00 AM »
SMM is such a tool...

If the widely accepted and proven theory of natural selection by mutation is wrong then what is your theory?

Here's a link for you debunking all your bullshit btw. http://www.volconvo.com/forums/science-technology/27241-mutations-natural-selection.html

suckmymuscle

« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2009, 12:49:44 AM »

Yes, because the DNA cannot impede it from happening. If it could, it would, evident in that organisms that show a high amount of mutations are preterred sexually by the opposite gender of their species. It doesen't mean it actually seeks mutations to happen. So how does this prove me wrong?

Lmao...what the fuck has studies done with retrovirus gene therapy got to do with mutations where exogenous agents are not used as catalysts for the mutations? And the process by which mutations occur is irrelevant because how does this address my point that mutations are not actively seeked out by the DNA? All these errors, deletetions, insertions, etc, result either from a  failure of RNA-transcryptase enzyme to properly code the informations for protein synsthesis contained within the gene alleles, or an alteration in the gene allele itself, something that should not happen. Again, dumby, how does this prove me wrong?

An abstruse analogy that escapes me. If you mean that people are DNA and that mutations are the bumping and the children are the genetic change, then your analogy doesen't apply because people bump in each other and get married and have kids because it is a biological imperative for people to reproduce the species, but the DNA doesen't actively seek mutations to happen, so if the mutations(the bumping) occurs, it often does not result in children(the gene passing on the next generation), because people who show signs of mutations are selected against. And yes, to add insult to the injury I am causing you, people sometimes bump purposefully into each other as a means of introducing themselves to members of the opposite sex. Idiot. ;)

Stupid analogy. People seek and each other and yes, they in many cases seek to bump into each other as an excuse to introduce themselves. Does the DNA actively seek making mistakes of transcription? No.

Way off your mark. I'm by no means a creationist. In fact, you haven't even read my post where I stated that I believe in the theory of evolution except for this fatal flaw.

-general health
-body structure
-ethnicity
-smell

Thanks for stating the obvious, genius. And people choose those who are closest to the average exactly because they are the least genetically dissimilar. The traits that you see the most often in the population are those that have the highest inclusive fitness proven over generations, and people with too many variations from the norm are preterred.

General health is pretty obvious, body structure is probably secondary to that

Body morphology correlates strongly with general health. A person who had infantile paralysis and has one arm has a much poorer general health than someone with both arms the same size. It indicates a higher propensity for developing infections, a weaker immunological system, inferior motility which impedes a series of fitness-increasing activities, etc.

(with an emphasis on secondary sexual characteristics but with a neotenic twist),

Only in the case of women, dumby. In men, secondary sexual characteristics are less important than social status and mature facial features are preferred over neoteny. This is especially true when women are ovulating.

and the smell component is based upon a biological imperative to find a mate with as few immune system trace smells in common as possible in order that any offsping produced have the best possible mix of immunities. If memory serves me there are someting like six individual immunity smells associated with humans, and each human carries three of these distinct smell markers (don't quote me on those exact numbers, I'm a physicist by training not an endocrinologist).

Yes, this is true.

Yes, but inbreeding, historically, even after transportations methods became easily available, has been far more common on a per capita basis than interethnical mating. This goes to show that sexual selection is more cautious regarding genetic differentiation rather than genetic status quo.

How is this relevant to anything? I hardly think Star Trek is the epitome of scientific excellency...and I never disagreed with this point.

Again, it is the similarity that makes the average face attractive and not the difference. If it were the difference, than elephant man would be the most attractive of all.

All the high paid supermodels, with a few exceptions, are of pure Northwestern European ethnicity. They are more popular with non-European ethnicities than the models of said non-Europeans ethinicities are with their own people. You: fail.

Strands of DNA helix are NOT involved in producing each side of the body, nor any body macro-structures. The helix is simply a storage/replication method for the DNA molecule itself, bodily asymmetries DO NOT reflect any underlying DNA asymmetry or mutation

Ugh, no, completely wrong. The information that codes for the synthesis of all bodily proteins and their arrangements are defined by the DNA. So if there is a gene allele that codes for the formation of the ear, and one ear comes out with a bizzare shape, then the gene expresseed itself incorrectly when coding for that ear. If both ears come out flawed, the gene itself experienced a disarrangement of it's nucleotids. As you may know, there are four and small changes in the arrangement of them causes a gene to code for a completely different protein.

And a good measure of overral health is a good measure of overral good genes. People with congenital diseases like diabetes, artherosclerosis, Down's Syndrome, etc, are seldom healthy. Nice redundant argument.

And the process of growth is controlled by genes - with environmental influences like nutrition playing a role. A person that grows assymetrically is more likely to carry mutations. This is obvious. And besides, it's not always that assymetry only appears after extra uterine growth starts. In many cases, the assymetries are alsready apparent in the foetal stage.

If someone has a lob-sided face, that usually means they have suffered several low-grade sinus infections, indicating they are sickly stock.

Which came before, the egg or the chicken? People with good formation of the nose are less liekly to develop inflamation of the sinuses, and the proper growth of the nose is controlled by, you got it, genes.

Likewise a strong jaw (relative to gender) and good cranial symmetry indicates good nutrition during a relatively disease-free childhood.

No, a strong jaw correlates with strong androgenic receptors in the skeletal structure of the jaw, which is perceived as a sign of dominance by women and thus attractive. It also indicates that the man in question is likely to be a good provider, since only someone competent at getting food could expend calories building a huge jaw.

Irrelevant. What matters is not the total amount of mutations, but the relative number of mutations compared to others, which is easily detectable morphologically. Whether 10,000 genes are prone to express proteins or 10, the differences in mutations are easily morphologically apparent.

Wrong. There is a scale of attractiveness, with the average person having more mutations than a supermodel, and the elephant man having far more than the average person. And the supermodelm is perceived as more attractive, the average person less and the genetic freak the least.

And this all correlates with genetic fitness. So thanks for stating the obvious and agreeing with me. ;)

The vast, vast majority of mutations have NO EFFECT and NO EXPRESSION

Not all mutations have morphological markers, yes, but they all have physiological markers. It is relative. Most people have mutations, and yet the degree is not enough to compromise their ability to pass on theri genes to the next generation.

I never denied that mutations are sometimes advantegeous. My point is that organisms avoid mating with those that express the highest amount of mutations. This indicates that, if mutations are the mechanism that drives natural selection, than natural selection is selecting against it. Why the fuck can't you understand this simple concept? :-\

This is what you're saying: that mutations are the mechanism with which natural selection works with to determine which genes are adaptible. So natural selection should encourage selection for the highest amount of mutations possible, so as to increase the possibility of genetic options for species to meet the challenges the environment gives them to the highest degree possible. But this is not what happens. The most deformed, the most mutant are strongly selected against. See how retarded this logic is? The mechanism that drives evolution cannot be something that occurs unwillingly by the DNA and that it tries to avoid, but a mechanism that is encouraged by the DNA. What we see in Nature is that indiciduals with a high number of mutations are preterred compared to individuals with little mutations.

No, it does not "allow" mutations to occur, they occur despite the microbes best efforts to the contrary.

Redundant argument. Mutations are morphologically and physiologically expressed in the phenotype.

I never said that. Your analogies suck. Whether mutations produce brick walls or cathedrals is irrelevant because my point is that mutations are something that the DNA actively seeks to prevent and selectas against. So you are basically saying that if the DNA could reproduce perfectly from generation to generation adapted to a specific environment, then the environment changed demanding the genotype change to express a different phenotype, then the DNA would perish since it would have no active mechanism necessary to make the genotypical alteration for the organism it codes for to survive in the new environment? This is retarded to the max.

You don't even know what conceptions I am talking about, which is why you think my extrapolations are flawed. Read what I wrote again, dumbass.

Even if I forgot the most basic evolutionary and molecular biology, I would still know a hell lot more than you. ;D ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2009, 12:54:13 AM »
i dont understand what these guys are talking about here

suckmymuscle

« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2009, 12:55:25 AM »
SMM is such a tool...

If the widely accepted and proven theory of natural selection by mutation is wrong then what is your theory?

Here's a link for you debunking all your bullshit btw. http://www.volconvo.com/forums/science-technology/27241-mutations-natural-selection.html

Hey, moron. Tell that to "The Luke". He's the one claiming that mutations are conditione sine qua non of evolution, not me. 8)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2009, 01:11:36 AM »

Read my reply to him. Consider yourself owned, bitch. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE