Author Topic: How many Getbigers believe in Darwins evolution theory?  (Read 14769 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: How many Getbigers believe in Darwins evolution theory?
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2009, 02:14:19 PM »
i know what natural selection is my friend...

he had some points but overall the evolution theory is further developed by other guys(don't know their names now)
by the sound of your post it sounds like you thought that the basic theory he had was totally wrong which it isn't. you're just backpeddling now  ;)

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2009, 02:22:47 PM »
by the sound of your post it sounds like you thought that the basic theory he had was totally wrong which it isn't. you're just backpeddling now  ;)

no no
of course the basic idea was right
but the natural selection did not work like he thought it would

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2009, 02:24:23 PM »
no no
of course the basic idea was right
but the natural selection did not work like he thought it would
X2

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2009, 02:27:10 PM »
When you think about it, evolution is really interesting, but what in nature isn't? Creationists miss alot.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2009, 02:29:16 PM »
i believe in god but creationist are plain stupid

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2009, 04:08:31 PM »
Evolution theory is 100% truth. But Darwins mutation theory is not 100% truth.

what the hell?

evolution is the result of incremental mutations, which IS Darwin's theory.- a mutation doesnt necessarily mean a bad thing...and its usually not even noticeable as its at a molecular level.

Until Darwin published the results of his findings, archeologists had alot of trouble tying together what they were finding, then all of a sudden BAM, it made perfect sense, and its been the same for almost 100 years.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2009, 04:50:54 PM »
  I believe in the theory of evolution except for one thing..Lamarck proposed mutations as the mechanism with which natural selection advanced. But this doesen't make any sense, because mutations are seldom beneficial. In fact, a mutation is nothing more than the failure of a gene to express protein synthesis correctly. Organisms that exibit signs of mutations are preterred by other members of their species for mating because depending on the mutation, basic functioning of the circulatory, immunological and even digestive processes can be compromised. In fact, the most salient feature of mutations are assymetries in the morphology of an organism, and assymetries are perceived as decreasing the sexual attractiveness of the organism to the opposite gender. It makes no sense that natural selection would advance through mutations and yet predispose us to find people of the opposite sex that exibit the greatest number of mutations as the most unattractive. There must be other mechanism that drives natural selection, because otherwise natural slection would be selecting against itself, and that makes no sense whatsoever.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2009, 04:52:08 PM »

Hahahahaha that was funny , I have Shermer's book Why Darwin Matters good read

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2009, 05:06:10 PM »
i believe 3 glasses of wine and i feel fine.

other than that, most thigns are above my comprehension

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2009, 08:42:00 PM »
Ron thought it was funny... Mindspin too... If I remember correctly even Chick made some comment about Sarcasm being a kid. Good stuff, Sarcasm/Squadfather couldn't even defend himself because he had taken such pains to remain anonymous and his 20,000-odd posts were so childish and formulaic.

Ask Ron, he let it run for a quite a while before he squashed the rumours. He sent me a couple of pms about it, if memory serves he said "You really have them going" (or similar). He might even have the pm (I don't keep mine, too many inquiries from the Bigfoot/Reptillian nutbars).

Guess the mighty Sarcasm/Squadfather was pestering him with pms and emails, he always did that whenever he was exposed.

The Luke

What makes this post even funnier is the fact that Berserkerfury was and is Squad and always has been...He's actually signed in many times as Squad(on the mma board) thinking he was BF...His alters all have the same common denominator..

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2009, 08:45:38 PM »
His alters all have the same common denominator..

...do tell?

The Luke

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2009, 08:53:58 PM »
...do tell?

The Luke

See if you can find any threads with BF ripping into Squad...Squads posts almost always started with Hahaha when he was agreeing with someone pwning another...BF also starts a lot of his threads that way...Classic Squad...Squad/oats hates everything Tapout/Affliction with a passion(but very rarely posts on the MMA board)...BF hangs out on the MMA board almost exclusively...Read any dozen BF posts and see if you can see the similarities...

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2009, 09:10:56 PM »
See if you can find any threads with BF ripping into Squad...Squads posts almost always started with Hahaha when he was agreeing with someone pwning another...BF also starts a lot of his threads that way...Classic Squad...Squad/oats hates everything Tapout/Affliction with a passion(but very rarely posts on the MMA board)...BF hangs out on the MMA board almost exclusively...Read any dozen BF posts and see if you can see the similarities...
Completely different people, you're really stretching here.

You would have been a really good gimmick if you kept to the dancing. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2009, 09:16:43 PM »
Completely different people, you're really stretching here.

You would have been a really good gimmick if you kept to the dancing. ;)

says you...And you should have stuck to just doing commericials ;)

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2009, 09:17:50 PM »

Your name is not Keith J***** by any chance?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2009, 09:18:24 PM »

AAAAAAAaahahahhahahahhahaaLmaoroflcopterahahahhahaalolahshahhasd

;D ;D :D ;D :) ;D :)

::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2009, 09:18:42 PM »
this is a very interesting thread... I believe in evolution 100% it's funny that so many people get offended by this....

Blücher

• Getbig II
  • "WHERE YOU STAY AT?!"-SAMSON123
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2009, 09:23:54 PM »
I agree with this.
Lamarck proposed mutations as the mechanism with which natural selection advanced. But this doesen't make any sense, because mutations are seldom beneficial. In fact, a mutation is nothing more than the failure of a gene to express protein synthesis correctly. Organisms that exibit signs of mutations are preterred by other members of their species for mating because depending on the mutation, basic functioning of the circulatory, immunological and even digestive processes can be compromised. In fact, the most salient feature of mutations are assymetries in the morphology of an organism, and assymetries are perceived as decreasing the sexual attractiveness of the organism to the opposite gender. It makes no sense that natural selection would advance through mutations and yet predispose us to find people of the opposite sex that exibit the greatest number of mutations as the most unattractive. .

SUCKMYMUSCLE

They don't. This has been proven to be false. You're only over a 100 years behind.
only idiots don't believe in evolution.  

a question to anyone who doesn't believe in evolution: why do human fetuses have non functioning gills?
http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/2049
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c024.html

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2009, 09:25:41 PM »
I agree with this.

This has been proven to be false. You're only over a 100 years behind.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/2049
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c024.html

Günther is hot :D

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2009, 09:27:50 PM »
it always amazes me the level of intelligence of guys on this board who are mainly americans and contradict every view i have on americans in general.
im serious

Where are you from Mars?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2009, 09:47:23 PM »
I agree with this.

They don't. This has been proven to be false. You're only over a 100 years behind

Ok, so what is the mechanism besides mutations that drive evolution? Elucidate this for me, brainiac. Let's see.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2009, 09:52:45 PM »
  Ok, so what is the mechanism besides mutations that drive evolution? Elucidate this for me, brainiac. Let's see.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
I talked to a buddy of mine that served on the Special Forces, he said no one has ever been kicked out for being too muscular or too advanced or too strong or anything along those lines.

You're full of shit.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Blücher

• Getbig II
  • "WHERE YOU STAY AT?!"-SAMSON123
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2009, 11:26:08 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Huh? I said I agree with you, evolution via beneficial mutations doesnt make sense, brainiac.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2009, 12:17:28 AM »
HAHA, RON.....

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2009, 12:54:43 AM »
Ironneck your example of the giraffe was completely wrong, that is not how evolution works.

suckmymuscle, take into account that many mutations are neutral, they have no effect on survivability or reproduction. Neutral, and even harmful mutations, can piggyback ride on the success of other mutations. Mutations occur in each en every generation of each and every plant/animal and fungus, meaning a gazillion-trillion-billion-shitload mutations each year.

A mutation is beneficial when it increases reproduction chances directly (example, having stronger/more sperm) or indirectly (being stronger than other rivals, so able to be  top dog and getting more 'tail'.  By having greater survivability, chances of reproduction are increased also; according to Darwin "dead animals don't reproduce too well".

We can glean a number of basic examples form this:
-bird that lays more eggs than others of its species, reproductive advantage, this bird's dna is spread wider through the population.
-alpha-gorilla stronger than other gorillas, more intercourse, more siblings.
-lizard is better able to withstand the severe conditions of it's habitat, he lives longer and manages to spawn more siblings.

Take into account that there's many characteristics working at once: the stronger alpha male may have bad sperm: despite his increased reproduction chances it may not lead to an increased spread of his dna.

What is beneficial for reproduction does not have to be good for survivability, and vice versa.
As much as benefit, luck is a huge factor. Creationists paint a picture of nature following the ideal path from one-celled organism to homo sapiens. That is a very flawed idea, along the course of history 90% of species if not more died out. Over-specialization, bad luck or pushed off by competition, most of nature's mutations find a very early grave. What is left is a group of mutations that is proven over time, for instance sexual reproduction: it significantly increases mutations in dna, increasing adaptiveness and ultimately survivability and reproduction chances.