Author Topic: Breaking Point Results  (Read 1344 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Breaking Point Results
« on: September 14, 2009, 09:14:11 AM »
John Cena def. Randy Orton ("I Quit" Match - New WWE Champion)
World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk def. Undertaker (Submission Match)
Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase def. D-Generation X (Submissions Count Anywhere Match)
Unified Tag Team Champions Chris Jericho & Big Show def. Mark Henry & Montel Vontavious Porter
ECW Champion Christian def. William Regal
United States Champion Kofi Kingston def. The Miz
Kane def. The Great Khali (Singapore Cane Match

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Breaking Point Results
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 05:20:07 PM »
Good PPV I thought.  Could have done without the Khali match, but it wasn't very long so I'm not gonna complain. 

I thought the Cena/Orton match was OK, but I'm not sure if they're overplaying the tough guy card with Cena.  He basically got his ass kicked for the whole match, and then won again, as he has done for a few years now.

Taker/Punk was good, a lot of my mates hated the ending, but I liked it.  Would have been better if he'd put Taker in the Sharpshooter as well...  ;D

Best match of the night for me was probably Regal and Christian.  Maybe not everyone elses choice, but it was a good performance from two good workers.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 05:23:45 PM »
I didn't see it. I heard the Kane match was terrible. Im pleasantly suprised Jerishow retained.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 05:32:42 PM »
I didn't see it. I heard the Kane match was terrible. Im pleasantly suprised Jerishow retained.

It's not fair on Kane having to carry Khali's carcass through a match.  The guy is good for the freak factor alone, he's literally limping to the ring these days.

I can see a long title reign for Jerishow.  There's no-one in the company that is anywhere near taking the belts off them, although I'd like to see Cryme Tyme take them one day.  Vince needs to stop killing off the tag division.