Author Topic: Giants-cowboys, Jets-patriots thread.  (Read 4746 times)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Giants-cowboys, Jets-patriots thread.
« on: September 20, 2009, 09:51:04 AM »
the only 2 games that really matter  ;)

my winners: gmen,pats

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Giants-cowboys, Jets-patriots thread.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 01:10:47 PM »
Fat cat Rex Ryan beats the Patriots and the Jets fans go wild!

Man, I miss Rex Ryan in Baltimore. The man brought straight-up attitude to the Ravens defense and you can see the defensive impact he brings to the Jets players. Holding the Pats to 9 points. Extremely impressive. Dirty Sanchez looks like the real deal!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 01:34:22 PM »
I especially miss Rex Ryan after watching the Ravens give up that 81 yard bomb to Sproles. Ouch.

body88

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 01:38:17 PM »
That was the worst the Pats have ever played.  Hands down, putrid.  Dropped passes, penalties, horrible play calling. No effort, no nothing.  I'm shocked the D only gave up 16 points.  They have a lot of work to do in the next week.  I'm not going to write them off, because in 2004, they lost 30 - 0 to the bills and then went on to go 14-2 and won the superbowl.

Also, we need to give the Jets credit here, they have put together an outstanding team in their 10 years of suckiness.  Their defense is very good. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 03:36:19 PM »
U missed the horrible special teams....winning has caught up to the Pats. We don't have a marquee back...Maroney sucks. Galloway is horrible. I think Adelman will be fine after a few weeks. BB needs to rebuild and I think he is doing that. We have extra picks next year and 2 1st rounders in 2011. The pass rush was horrible. I think Bill needs a real coordinator or two...whats RAC doing.  I'm down near Atlanta and was going to watch next weeks game in a bar...no way now.
L

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 04:35:03 PM »
RAVINS WIN!

What a play at the end of the game by Ray Lewis. Guy's a fucking legend of football....

That being said...our pass defense is dogshit! Mattison needs to patch up these holes in the secondary otherwise the Ravens will have to win with offense all season. Great win on the road, though!

2-0

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 05:00:44 PM »
steelers miss troy, tyrone carter got beat on both td passes

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 05:31:24 PM »
steelers miss troy, tyrone carter got beat on both td passes

E

Tough field conditions for Reed to kick in but still should have made those kicks.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 05:31:33 PM »
bush flipped the coin...brilliant

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 05:39:42 PM »
bush flipped the coin...brilliant

The production by NBC for Sunday Night Football is so chessy.

I hate country music.....

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 05:43:37 PM »
The production by NBC for Sunday Night Football is so chessy.

I hate country music.....
I was thinking the same thing.. Faith Hill is hot though.

body88

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 05:56:22 PM »
I think your overreacting a tad.  They went 16-0 in 2007 and 11-5 last year.  I bet you thought they were screwed after you saw Cassel's first start.  It's only the second game....did you write them off in 2004 when they lost 30-0 to the Bills in game two?  They won the sb that year after going 14-2.  The pats averaged 4 yards per carry today.  Thats a good number, but the problem was that O'Brian got away from the running game to soon, and also Brady having ZERO time to throw.  The O-Line stunk today.  Give the Jets some credit, they have a very, very good defensive cast.

Yes, BB is rebuilding, but it's way to soon to write him off.  The pats gave up 16 points today.  It's not like it was 45-9.  The bottom line is this, yes the Pats played a poor game today, but it's wayyyy to early to say they stink.  I knew they would struggle to start, but they will finish the year much differently than they have started.

Btw, the Jets offensive line is prob the best in the NFL this year.  It's stacked with 1st rounders.  Give them some credit, they have built a very good team.

U missed the horrible special teams....winning has caught up to the Pats. We don't have a marquee back...Maroney sucks. Galloway is horrible. I think Adelman will be fine after a few weeks. BB needs to rebuild and I think he is doing that. We have extra picks next year and 2 1st rounders in 2011. The pass rush was horrible. I think Bill needs a real coordinator or two...whats RAC doing.  I'm down near Atlanta and was going to watch next weeks game in a bar...no way now.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 06:00:04 PM »
I was thinking the same thing.. Faith Hill is hot though.

Yeah, the thigh high black boots are hot.....

body88

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009, 06:02:34 PM »
Yeah, the thigh high black boots are hot.....

I dig the shoes that tie around the ankles more.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 06:02:35 PM »
I think your overreacting a tad.  They went 16-0 in 2007 and 11-5 last year.  I bet you thought they were screwed after you saw Cassel's first start.  It's only the second game....did you write them off in 2004 when they lost 30-0 to the Bills in game two?  They won the sb that year after going 14-2.  The pats averaged 4 yards per carry today.  Thats a good number, but the problem was that O'Brian got away from the running game to soon, and also Brady having ZERO time to throw.  The O-Line stunk today.  Give the Jets some credit, they have a very, very good defensive cast.

Yes, BB is rebuilding, but it's way to soon to write him off.  The pats gave up 16 points today.  It's not like it was 45-9.  The bottom line is this, yes the Pats played a poor game today, but it's wayyyy to early to say they stink.  I knew they would struggle to start, but they will finish the year much differently than they have started.

Btw, the Jets offensive line is prob the best in the NFL this year.  It's stacked with 1st rounders.  Give them some credit, they have built a very good team.

body, remember in the other thread I said the o line looked bad against the Bills too.   Not saying they will continue to be this bad, but I don't see them returning to the 2007 form.  Didn't Cassell take a beating last year too?

body88

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 06:07:33 PM »
body, remember in the other thread I said the o line looked bad against the Bills too.   Not saying they will continue to be this bad, but I don't see them returning to the 2007 form.  Didn't Cassell take a beating last year too?

The O has 99% of the players from the 2007 team.  I'm not going to write them off after game two when Brady was out for a year and Welker didn't play.  They won't score 450 points because teams know how to defend them better, but I can guarantee you they will finish the season as one of the top 5 O's in the NFL.  I've said Brady would struggle over the first 3 games for awhile now and we are seeing that.  Timing is slightly off and he's still tentative.  All in all they look rusty and "off".  They have the same players in there, they just have to improve their play.  The pats o line played poor today, but the Jets also had a damn good cast of players coming at them.  In 2007 the exact same line sent 4 players to the pro bowl.....they dont just stop being good over night.  They need to improve (along with the rest of the O).

Cassel took a beating at the start of the season, because part of being a top flight QB is calling defenses, protections and getting the ball out fast.  he struggled with that to start.  

body88

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 06:55:47 PM »
Holy shit, did anyone just see the ball bounce of Whittens heel? 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 08:54:15 PM »
good win for us. had tynes not missed the fg late in the 2nd there would be no need for a 2 min drill.

oh yeah those 2 holding/leg sweep fouls against us were HILARIOUS.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2009, 09:54:09 PM »
Fat cat Rex Ryan beats the Patriots and the Jets fans go wild!

Man, I miss Rex Ryan in Baltimore. The man brought straight-up attitude to the Ravens defense and you can see the defensive impact he brings to the Jets players. Holding the Pats to 9 points. Extremely impressive. Dirty Sanchez looks like the real deal!
sanchez makes me feel a tad bit better about the texans this week and if they beat the titans next week shit ill officially be on his jock.... ;D

body88

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 06:41:28 AM »
Ryan's defense is the reason the Jets are so good.  Marc Sanchez had -3 yeards passing in the first half of the pats game.  Lets not go overboard, yet. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 10:01:29 AM »
Romo makes alot of bad throws :)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 12:36:28 PM »
Romo makes alot of bad throws :)

The Giants thought they were pretty good.  8)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 06:54:27 AM »
Looks like the AFC East is gonna be a tough sled this year.

body88

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 07:22:54 AM »
Jets got exposed last night.  The team to beat in the AFC is clearly the colts.  I believe the Patriots will win the east, though.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 12:58:14 PM »
Jets got exposed last night.  The team to beat in the AFC is clearly the colts.  I believe the Patriots will win the east, though.

I'd put the Broncos on the short list too.