Author Topic: Bikini & Figure...Is the morphing already starting???  (Read 4385 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Bikini & Figure...Is the morphing already starting???
« on: September 28, 2009, 11:20:44 AM »
Is there any difference between these two physiques?  :-\

The new Ms. Figure Olympia, Nicole Wilkins-Lee

New Bikini Pro Stacey Oster (Jr. USA winner)

Discuss.
!

fitclub

• Getbig I
Re: Bikini & Figure...Is the morphing already starting???
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 01:42:28 PM »
I was there, pretty good seat too for the Figure judging.  I definitely had Gina in 1st.  In looking at the physique of Nicole, I look at her from the waits up, then from the waist down.  And I still don't get it. What are these judges looking for?  There is such a big difference in physique types between the 1st and 2nd place final placings in Figure.  Just my two cents!!

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 02:58:08 PM »
said it before.  the mid bikini girls will start to diet hard in the future and touch weights, will look just like the bottom figure girls.  the difference is the figure girls spend a fortune for their suits and prep but in time there will be no true difference. prize money?  if u arent winning any in future and spending money...then u can just do bikini.  i can see that coming.  i remember dina saying something about the cost of doing figure a while back.   
Oh...Monica!

The General

• Getbig III
  • The Absolute leader
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 08:11:39 PM »
yea this year's figure judging was so untrue, some of the girls were overlooked and passed by quickly. Indeed the winner does not deserve at all. I think jenny, monica brant and a couple of more girls represented the true picture. The judges are sooo biased and the criterias of judging are going down in a sense that a bikini type body is tacking the first spot like nicole this year's figure olympia and of course last year's arnold figure winner zivile.  :)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 10:21:10 AM »
Monica just about always deserves a top three placing, if not 1st. But that will happen when hell freezes over. The judges never want her to win the O and place her lower every year.

Nicole is a pretty girl with a nice structure, but this whole idea of picking a winner because you think she has a "mainstream" or "girl next door" look is silly to me. This industry will never be mainstream anyway. I guess she has a look that seems attainable and therefore will look great on magazine covers.  :-\ I just think she could be a tad more muscular and definitely tighter from the waist down.

My other point was that the bikini winner above is quite muscular in comparison to most of the other bikini winners this year. The judging standards could potentially set up a situation where Stacey wins the "Bikini Olympia" next year and is actually more muscular than the Figure O champion.  :P I don't think that is the way things were originally intended.
!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 05:30:53 PM »
Yeah, i noticed this as well. And it was more apparent in a Pam Rodriguez vid that I posted before. Pam Rod is a import Bikini model, and in the bikini comp, there was a skinny-muscular bleached blonde that I recognized from the NPC events, the contrast was like night and day.

Also I have noticed that the NPC bikini girls are like the fitness girls of five yrs ago. it seems every 'softer' category that is created for the women, ends up leapfrogging the "higher" physique categories froms a few yrs back. Why is that. Why can't the stipulations for Bikini be "softer", yet in shape women, and that's it. Period.   

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 06:06:38 PM »
The figure girl had better conditioning.

They're both pretty.