Author Topic: Defeat in Maine a harsh blow to gay-marriage drive  (Read 6994 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: Defeat in Maine a harsh blow to gay-marriage drive
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2009, 04:19:13 AM »
You mean the same constitution that used to keep black people separate from white people? The same constitution that banned interracial marriage?  :P

Read this really slow: Gays are not a separate race. Any comparison between gay marriage and Miscegenation is stupid.

I sincerely hope that helped.

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 04:53:06 AM »
Read this really slow: Gays are not a separate race. Any comparison between gay marriage and Miscegenation is stupid.

I sincerely hope that helped.

No one said they were  ::) ... but like blacks, gays want legal protection from discrimination and bigotry. Is that OK with you?  ::)

Gay couples are still discriminated against by hospitals which don't allow one of them to visit his/her sick or dying partner or make critical decisions about their partner's medical care. They are still being discriminated against when it comes to matters of property ownership and inheritance, etc. Just because you or Ninny Ninmaugh don't want them to have those rights doesn't mean they can't dream...  ::)

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2009, 05:05:29 AM »
No one said they were  ::) ... but like blacks, gays want legal protection from discrimination and bigotry. Is that OK with you?  ::)

Gay couples are still discriminated against by hospitals which don't allow one of them to visit his/her sick or dying partner or make critical decisions about their partner's medical care. They are still being discriminated against when it comes to matters of property ownership and inheritance, etc. Just because you or Ninny Ninmaugh don't want them to have those rights doesn't mean they can't dream...  ::)

You didn't read it slowly enough, SH.

People get all loose with language to advance an idea/cause but at a certain point you're not comparing apples to apples.

I'm all for rights being equal. Really equal, not in disguise based upon bullshit and exploiting people's inherent racism.

More than half of this mess is caused by liberals. Since they're willing to take some responsibility we're (America) not going to ever have an honest discussion on the topic. Until that happens the only way people can speak is with their votes.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2009, 05:23:53 AM »
You didn't read it slowly enough, SH.

People get all loose with language to advance an idea/cause but at a certain point you're not comparing apples to apples.

I'm all for rights being equal. Really equal, not in disguise based upon bullshit and exploiting people's inherent racism.

More than half of this mess is caused by liberals. Since they're willing to take some responsibility we're (America) not going to ever have an honest discussion on the topic. Until that happens the only way people can speak is with their votes.

Its amazing how liberals try to lump this issue with race.  Gays are not discriminated against by now being allowed to marry any more than I am not allowed to marry two women if I want.  If a gay man wants to get married, marry a woman.  If he wants to shack up with another man, so be it.

If the voters voted for gay marriage I would not get all up in arms over it.  However, for the LGBT crowd to get their panties up in a snitch all the time hurts their cause more than anything.     

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2009, 05:34:44 AM »
Its amazing how liberals try to lump this issue with race.  Gays are not discriminated against by now being allowed to marry any more than I am not allowed to marry two women if I want.  If a gay man wants to get married, marry a woman.  If he wants to shack up with another man, so be it.

If the voters voted for gay marriage I would not get all up in arms over it.  However, for the LGBT crowd to get their panties up in a snitch all the time hurts their cause more than anything.     

It's because liberals are using political correctness to prevent honest discussion of a topic..... again.

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2009, 06:12:31 AM »

Unfortunately, there's a whole lot of gay men, but only five of Cher, Madonna, Bette Midler, Lisa Minelli, and Mariah Carey.  :P

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2009, 06:16:27 AM »
Unfortunately, there's a whole lot of gay men, but only five of Cher, Madonna, Bette Midler, Lisa Minelli, and Mariah Carey.  :P

Why would gay men want to get married knowing that 50% of all marriages fail, if the relationship breaks up the parter will 50% of his stuff, etc? 

They should celebrate their status under the law let sleeping dogs stay asleep if you ask me. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2009, 06:17:59 AM »

They could always marry lesbians. :P

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2009, 06:23:08 AM »
Why would gay men want to get married knowing that 50% of all marriages fail, if the relationship breaks up the parter will 50% of his stuff, etc? 

They should celebrate their status under the law let sleeping dogs stay asleep if you ask me

Some of them don't want to ask you, if that's OK with you.  ::) They just want to enter into monogamous relationships. They want to be able to visit their partners in the hospital without harassment from hospital staff or lawyers or hostile family members, and want to be able to leave their property to their partners after they die without legal challenges from government or greedy relatives of the deceased, and other similar stuff. Is that OK with you?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2009, 06:26:42 AM »
Some of them don't want to ask you, if that's OK with you.  ::) They just want to enter into monogamous relationships. They want to be able to visit their partners in the hospital without harassment from hospital staff or lawyers or hostile family members, and want to be able to leave their property to their partners after they die without legal challenges from government or greedy relatives of the deceased, and other similar stuff. Is that OK with you?

They can do that already is they see a lawyer and get the proper legal paperwork written up. 

its called a Last will & Testament, POA, and Health Care Proxy.

If they are too cheap to spent $750 to get this done, then thats not my problem. 

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2009, 06:28:35 AM »
They can do that already is they see a lawyer and get the proper legal paperwork written up. 

its called a Last will & Testament, POA, and Health Care Proxy.

If they are too cheap to spent $750 to get this done, then thats not my problem. 

Those can be, and have been, legally challenged, and have proven ineffective in protecting the rights of gay and lesbian couples.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2009, 06:39:14 AM »
Those can be, and have been, legally challenged, and have proven ineffective in protecting the rights of gay and lesbian couples.

They are often challenged for straight people too.  This is why people say many gays want special rights. 

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2009, 06:40:50 AM »
They are often challenged for straight people too.  This is why people say many gays want special rights. 

You are saying someone can legally challenge your wife's legal right to present with you in your hospital room when you die? Or that the hospital can keep her out?  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2009, 06:45:18 AM »
You are saying someone can legally challenge your wife's legal right to present with you in your hospital room when you die? Or that the hospital can keep her out?  ::)

The law can be updated for that instance without changing the definition of the term marriage. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2009, 06:49:07 AM »
The law can be updated for that instance without changing the definition of the term marriage. 

Don't encourage him, LOL!

You know this isn't about "law".

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 06:51:44 AM »

But how can hospitals know which persons of the same sex are allowed to be present with a dying person, and which are not? Or which are allowed to make life-and-death decisions and which are not? That's a legitimate question. They need to have some legal framework to work in.  :P

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2009, 07:06:54 AM »
But how can hospitals know which persons of the same sex are allowed to be present with a dying person, and which are not? Or which are allowed to make life-and-death decisions and which are not? That's a legitimate question. They need to have some legal framework to work in.  :P

We've made it this far and the world hasn't stopped turning.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2009, 09:22:01 AM »

now SH why would you go respond to this thread without answering my question ???

probably b/c you know that this whole PC bullshit isnt breaching the constitution  ;)

gays dont get discriminated against, I couldnt go make decisions for a male friend who was in the hospital so they have the same rights I DO

ever hear of power of attorney? why dont you give your boyfriend power of attorney over you and they will be able to make those decisions for you in the case you arent capable yourself?

so again how does not allowing gays to marry breach the constitution?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2009, 05:13:21 AM »
now SH why would you go respond to this thread without answering my question ???

probably b/c you know that this whole PC bullshit isnt breaching the constitution  ;)

gays dont get discriminated against, I couldnt go make decisions for a male friend who was in the hospital so they have the same rights I DO

ever hear of power of attorney? why dont you give your boyfriend power of attorney over you and they will be able to make those decisions for you in the case you arent capable yourself?

so again how does not allowing gays to marry breach the constitution?

Now, we have the campaign manager, from the "No on 1" side, Jesse Connolly, threatening people, claiming that he won't rest until he finds the identities of every person who voted "Yes" on Question 1. As I said elsewhere, if he messes with the wrong voters, he may find himself on the wrong end of someone, exercising his 2nd amendment rights.

And, some are even blaming Obama, for not stumping enough in Maine, for the gay "marriage" bill.

I guess they missed the fact that Obama's presence had virtually NO effect in the VA and NJ elections (Deeds got destroyed and Corzine got cut).

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2009, 05:25:53 AM »
Now, we have the campaign manager, from the "No on 1" side, Jesse Connolly, threatening people, claiming that he won't rest until he finds the identities of every person who voted "Yes" on Question 1. As I said elsewhere, if he messes with the wrong voters, he may find himself on the wrong end of someone, exercising his 2nd amendment rights.

And, some are even blaming Obama, for not stumping enough in Maine, for the gay "marriage" bill.

I guess they missed the fact that Obama's presence had virtually NO effect in the VA and NJ elections (Deeds got destroyed and Corzine got cut).

You do realize Obama isn't publicly in support of redefining marriage. I'd rather not take the thread in an ugly direction but blacks tend to be pretty conservative on some issues and marriage is one of them.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2009, 05:29:15 AM »
You do realize Obama isn't publicly in support of redefining marriage. I'd rather not take the thread in an ugly direction but blacks tend to be pretty conservative on some issues and marriage is one of them.

I thought it was hysterical when gaymarraige failed in CA because minorities voted it down. 

I almost spit my beer out that day watching the panzies on the left try to explain this.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2009, 05:35:53 AM »
I thought it was hysterical when gaymarraige failed in CA because minorities voted it down. 

I almost spit my beer out that day watching the panzies on the left try to explain this.

People, stupid ones, always compare gay and interracial marriage. It insults the intelligence of anyone who reads a statement like that. Also, blacks tend to be extremely conservative on two issues; marriage and abortion.

They really think mentioning interracial marriage will automatically make someone hear: "You're black and should know how we feel" or "You're white!! How can you tolerate black people having a right white gays don't". :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2009, 05:38:19 AM »
People, stupid ones, always compare gay and interracial marriage. It insults the intelligence of anyone who reads a statement like that. Also, blacks tend to be extremely conservative on two issues; marriage and abortion.

They really think mentioning interracial marriage will automatically make someone hear: "You're black and should know how we feel" or "You're white!! How can you tolerate black people having a right white gays don't". :)

The left wing lunatics were trying not to accuse minorities of bigotry but at the same time were apoplectic over this. 

Hysterical.  They just cant deal with the fact that they are 1% of the population and people are sick of their shit.   

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2009, 05:47:33 AM »
The left wing lunatics were trying not to accuse minorities of bigotry but at the same time were apoplectic over this. 

Hysterical.  They just cant deal with the fact that they are 1% of the population and people are sick of their shit.   

It's their own fault. Political correctness aborts honest discussion. It also highlights how isolated the left is from reality and their unwillingness to even talk to some non-hollywood/gay blacks. A few conversations would have made it perfectly clear how a majority of blacks felt about redefining marriage.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2009, 06:52:51 AM »
people dont like fags!!!!Ive said it again and again and again.The media and the libs can try to normalise it until they are blue in the face,NO ONE LIKES FAGS!!

wishful thinking on your part.  the percentages of like/dislike for gay marriage is getting smaller every year.  brace your tits, gird up your loins, join the 21st century; it will happen.
w