Author Topic: my thoughts on the fedor rogers fight  (Read 12495 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: my thoughts on the fedor rogers fight
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2009, 09:37:46 AM »
Dana White could have had Fedor in the UFC if Dana would have kept his ego out of negotiations.

Bunch of nonsense.  Fedor and his Russian crew want it to be a co-promotion with M-1.  Why would the UFC ever agree to that.  If Fedor really wants to fight the best, he should stop being greedy and accept the HUGE UFC offer.
w

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2009, 11:13:42 PM »
Fedor KOed Rogers with the same punch he threw as a counter to the jab that broke Fedor's nose.  He got his timing down and beat Rogers to the punch.  Through the interpreter, he commented about Roger's footwork and knew what was coming.  He is magic to watch.  Great throws to.  Rogers is legit.  He'd do well in the UFC. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2009, 12:39:52 AM »
Fedor KOed Rogers with the same punch he threw as a counter to the jab that broke Fedor's nose.  He got his timing down and beat Rogers to the punch.  Through the interpreter, he commented about Roger's footwork and knew what was coming.  He is magic to watch.  Great throws to.  Rogers is legit.  He'd do well in the UFC. 

Breaking Fedor's nose is a pretty good feather in a fighter's cap, even if it was in a loss.

I guarantee it will be used as a marketing angle for Rogers' next fight.

Tapper

• Getbig IV
  • You're an SMF!
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2009, 12:45:30 AM »
Bunch of nonsense.  Fedor and his Russian crew want it to be a co-promotion with M-1.  Why would the UFC ever agree to that.  If Fedor really wants to fight the best, he should stop being greedy and accept the HUGE UFC offer.

Or what? Dana White will resort to insulting the people who dont give him what he wants.The Fertittas even said they wished Dana would have kept his mouth shut because he's the reason why Fedor never came back to negotiations.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2009, 02:08:05 AM »
If Fedor and Brett fought again Fedor would KO him or submit him even quicker.  If you look at Fedor's record against guys who he's fought multiple times his second fight with them is pretty much a clinic.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2009, 07:33:43 AM »
Or what? Dana White will resort to insulting the people who dont give him what he wants.The Fertittas even said they wished Dana would have kept his mouth shut because he's the reason why Fedor never came back to negotiations.

The Fertittas said that?  Can you site your source?  As far as the "or what?", either Fedor stops being unreasonable, or he will be relegated to fighting cans in small promotions.  Less money and he will ruin his legacy.  that's the "so what" ::)
w

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2009, 09:55:30 AM »
The Fertittas said that?  Can you site your source?  As far as the "or what?", either Fedor stops being unreasonable, or he will be relegated to fighting cans in small promotions.  Less money and he will ruin his legacy.  that's the "so what" ::)

oh yeah, thats why brock with his "legacy" is of course number one in the world and will be remember forever in the hearts of EVERY person who ever watched MMA, because after all, he is the champion of the biggest organization, the only thing that matters...

;D

but wait...and why dont anyone talk about Tym Silvia? and Arvlosky? and Couture? they were all champions of the biggest organization in the universe...so they have they names in the history FOREVER and Fedor has the risk of loosing 'everything' he has just because he dont fight at least one time there?
!

gwenhen

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2009, 09:57:44 AM »
There is much talk of Fedor Vs Lesnar and how Fedor is getting old etc.....Hes actually only a year older thank Lesnar.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2009, 10:25:16 AM »
oh yeah, thats why brock with his "legacy" is of course number one in the world and will be remember forever in the hearts of EVERY person who ever watched MMA, because after all, he is the champion of the biggest organization, the only thing that matters...

;D

but wait...and why dont anyone talk about Tym Silvia? and Arvlosky? and Couture? they were all champions of the biggest organization in the universe...so they have they names in the history FOREVER and Fedor has the risk of loosing 'everything' he has just because he dont fight at least one time there?

Weak argument.  The fact is that until recently, the UFC heavyweight division sucked.  However, that is no longer the case.  Most of the best heavyweights are now in the UFC.  If Fedor really wants to be #1, he needs to fight the best.  That ain't gonna happen at Strikeforce. 
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2009, 10:48:45 AM »
The only ppl i'd like to see face Fedor would be Brock, Big Nog, and maybe Randy.  Maybe Carwin depending on how he fares with Brock.

Whats going on with Hunt, Barnett and the like?  Why aren't these dudes in UFC?

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2009, 12:26:05 PM »
We just talked with Mark Hunts people last week and he is launching a new website, etc and is doing a ton of PR. We were promised a interview and news of his next fight before almost everyone else..

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2009, 12:36:43 PM »

Whats going on with Hunt, Barnett and the like?  Why aren't these dudes in UFC?

Its called Test & Coke-a-Cola..... It's a powerful drug!!!
Giving 110%

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2009, 01:46:49 PM »
If Fedor really wants to be #1, he needs to fight the best.  That ain't gonna happen at Strikeforce. 

Nothing's stopping "the best" to go to strikeforce. Not everyone is willing to suck Dana White's cock - Fedor being last one to do so.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2009, 02:08:47 PM »
Nothing's stopping "the best" to go to strikeforce. Not everyone is willing to suck Dana White's cock - Fedor being last one to do so.

Hmmm....let's think about this.  If you happen to be one of the best fighters in any weight class, where do you go: UFC with more money, exposure, endorsement opportunities, stability and the chance to be considered the best, or another organization that may or may not be there next year and is unable to put consistent shows together?  Clear choice right ???
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2009, 02:12:06 PM »
Quote from Dana White: "Fedor Emelianenko is a fraud. A flabby relic from the mismanaged days of PRIDE that now hides behind the iron curtain, emerging only to fight hand-picked opponents that pose no threat to a self-proclaimed legacy."

Ha ha ha!  So true!!
w

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2009, 05:26:15 PM »
Hmmm....let's think about this.  If you happen to be one of the best fighters in any weight class, where do you go: UFC with more money, exposure, endorsement opportunities, stability and the chance to be considered the best, or another organization that may or may not be there next year and is unable to put consistent shows together?  Clear choice right ???
did'nt you call Fedor "greedy"  If he was greedy why did he say no to the bigger offer from the UFC.  What exactly is he greedy about.  Strikeforce will be an organization that is going to put some dings in the UFC.  The fighters will go where they are treated right and where they are making some good money.  Most of the fighters on the undercard don't receive shit in regards to pay.  Wait till StrikeForce invades Las Vegas with some huge mega fights.

Quote from Dana White: "Fedor Emelianenko is a fraud. A flabby relic from the mismanaged days of PRIDE that now hides behind the iron curtain, emerging only to fight hand-picked opponents that pose no threat to a self-proclaimed legacy."

Ha ha ha!  So true!!

hahahaaha so true I don't see why Dana doesn't let one of his tough heavyweights fight in Strikeforce.  Can you imagine if that happens and the UFC guy beat Fedor.  That would destroy Strikeforce.  But it will never happen cause Dana is chicken shit.  If Fedor refuses to go to the UFC then the UFC should go to him.  But it won't happen.  hahahaha so true!!!
No Worries 4 me

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 06:32:42 PM »

Ha ha ha!  So true!!

1.if you seriously think he fought had picked opponents then you are one of those dana white cock suckers.

2. he fought and defeated the whos who of heavyweights in the world excpet barnett. not one single ufc heavyweight could hold there own against fedor while they were on PEDs and in there primes so what makes you think any current ufc fighter from past and present could win now.

3. dana white learned the hard way that his golden fighters will get demolished if they fought anywhere else besides the ufc. perfect example was when chuck went to pride and dana was at the press conference talking shit about how chuck is the best lhw fighter and how ufc is the greatest company in the world then he gets fuked up by rampage.

and who the fuk is brock lesnar? he has a record of 4-1 and he is the champion of the ever so great ufc heavyweight division and has the balls to call out a fighter who has fought the whos who of heavyweight fighters and won all of them

IronFan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2009, 06:51:57 PM »
I nominate Mindspin be demodded.

Mods should be logical and know what they're talking about.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2009, 04:36:20 AM »
Weak argument.  The fact is that until recently, the UFC heavyweight division sucked.  However, that is no longer the case.  Most of the best heavyweights are now in the UFC.  If Fedor really wants to be #1, he needs to fight the best.  That ain't gonna happen at Strikeforce. 

the 'most of the best heavyweights' that you refered are like 2 or 3 guys????  ???

just a question...how do you think Overeen (who is also at strikeforce) would do in UFC?
!

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2009, 06:09:13 AM »

Fedor must be really worried about being forgotten compared to Tim Sylvia...  ::)

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2009, 07:14:12 AM »

Fedor owns part of the competing organization. Why would he go to UFC and promote it? He would already be in UFC if Dana agreed to do co-promotion.

Fedors the one to be chased. Every fighter has something to prove, but out of all of them, he has the least to prove anything. And I'm sure he's doing just fine financially...

L00n

• Getbig IV
  • Bulgaria
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2009, 08:39:22 AM »

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2009, 08:56:12 AM »
Fedor owns part of the competing organization. Why would he go to UFC and promote it? He would already be in UFC if Dana agreed to do co-promotion.

Fedors the one to be chased. Every fighter has something to prove, but out of all of them, he has the least to prove anything. And I'm sure he's doing just fine financially...

I'm convinced Mindspin is in love with Dana White.  And the UFC offers nothing to Fedor he doesn't already have.  The money is not his driving force and they (the UFC) think they can "buy" anyone.  The majority of the fans consider Fedor the best in the world in the heavyweight division and he is NOT with the UFC.  The UFC needs Fedor way more than he needs the UFC.  And if Strikeforce and keep the money coming in and make a very good profit like they did in this last fight then they will be around for a long time and the UFC will have some very stiff competition.
No Worries 4 me

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2009, 10:50:06 AM »

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2009, 11:57:30 AM »
UFC offers nothing to Fedor he doesn't already have.
Amen.

Funny how Dana has to talk shit about Fedor but Fedor doesn't have anything bad to say about anyone.

Fedor = most dominating fighter ever and class act all the way