Author Topic: my thoughts on the fedor rogers fight  (Read 12497 times)

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
Re: my thoughts on the fedor rogers fight
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2009, 06:51:41 PM »
Amen.

Funny how Dana has to talk shit about Fedor but Fedor doesn't have anything bad to say about anyone.

Fedor = most dominating fighter ever and class act all the way

It is funny how people think Fedor is afraid of the UFC.  He isn't there because first he is not desperate.  He does not need the money nor the exposure.  He is already wealthy and world famous.  He has won 32 fights or whatever and has kicked everyone's ass.  If Dana was so confident then he should let Lesnar or whoever else fight in Strikeforce and beat the shit out of Fedor.  The only problem is he knows they (UFC fighter) will not win.  And that beating Fedor would give him would embarass the shit our of the UFC and Dana White.  So he knows this so if he is going to be humuliated then he should at least make the most money he can.  He is so used to getting fighters to do what he says he is pissed that Fedor has the balls to not do one thing he says.  I love it.  Mindspin hates it cause it gets Dana pissed and ruins his night.  Like I said the fact is the UFC has nothing to offer Fedor.  Sad but true.  And until Dana lets one of his heavyweights fight Fedor then Fedir is known worldwide as the #1 heavyweight
No Worries 4 me

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2009, 08:17:17 PM »
Thats not true!

Cmon guys! Spike TV is having some legitimate heavyweights get down for free!!!! Brandon the truth Vera versus Randy Coture coming off his 4th loss in a row!!!!!!!!

Obviosuly Fedor would never step into the cage with either of these top in their prime heavyweights! Vera is a BJJ BROWN BELT --- HELLOOOOOO  a bjj brown belt! Fedor would get tapped at his gym by any white belt.

All sarcasm aside, Brett Rodgers would do well in the UFC at heavyweight-- Overeem would very good as well. Fedor just turned ROgers lights out and Overeem is next.

Fedor demonstrated yet again that he could out tough, outt punch and out think a much, bigger, stronger and healthier athelete to a dominating victory.

NO COMP

NUFF SED

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2009, 09:00:05 PM »
Weak argument.  The fact is that until recently, the UFC heavyweight division sucked.  However, that is no longer the case.  Most of the best heavyweights are now in the UFC.  If Fedor really wants to be #1, he needs to fight the best.  That ain't gonna happen at Strikeforce.  

The UFC HW division still fucking sucks. A guy who has been fighting for less than two years holds the belt and is considered the best in the class. Really deep and skilled alright.  ::)

Fedor's legacy has long been sealed. He could retire today and go down as the greatest MMA fighter ever. Beating Brock Lesnar won't change that.

And yes, Mindspin has a raging hard-on for the UFC. My guess is that he's got some sort of vested interest in them. Probably done consulting work or some shit for one of the sponsors or something.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2009, 09:01:31 PM »
did'nt you call Fedor "greedy"  If he was greedy why did he say no to the bigger offer from the UFC.  What exactly is he greedy about.  Strikeforce will be an organization that is going to put some dings in the UFC.  The fighters will go where they are treated right and where they are making some good money.  Most of the fighters on the undercard don't receive shit in regards to pay.  Wait till StrikeForce invades Las Vegas with some huge mega fights.

hahahaaha so true I don't see why Dana doesn't let one of his tough heavyweights fight in Strikeforce.  Can you imagine if that happens and the UFC guy beat Fedor.  That would destroy Strikeforce.  But it will never happen cause Dana is chicken shit.  If Fedor refuses to go to the UFC then the UFC should go to him.  But it won't happen.  hahahaha so true!!!

Last time the UFC sent fighters to another organization (the Pride MW GP) they got decimated. Liddell was embarrassed on so many levels it wasn't funny. Luckily for Dana barely anyone knew about PRIDE then. He won't risk an embarrassment like that again.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2009, 09:08:23 PM »

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!ahhahahahhahahahahah That's great! ;D

I love threads like this where a bunch of guys get all riled up and excited over another man........

shit...........Outed. :-[
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2009, 11:21:25 AM »
the 'most of the best heavyweights' that you refered are like 2 or 3 guys????  ???

just a question...how do you think Overeen (who is also at strikeforce) would do in UFC?

Overeem ain't gonna pass any AC drug test.  He fought at MW (LHW for the UFC) in Pride and is a full forty pounds heavier.  He will continue to fight in Nippon where there is no drug test.  Mark my words. 

Main reason Fedor will not fight in the UFC is the co promotion issue.  UFC doesn't need Fedor.  Would they like to have him, YES.  Would I like to see it?  Yes.  Would he beat Brock, if Brock is still champ?  Yes.  Brock must get by Carwin first.  If Fedor comes to the UFC, I'd love to see Mir fed to him.  Then hype up a fight with whomever is champ. 

I think Big Foot should get a shot at Fedor, after Overeem.  Fedor will kill Overeem.  That guy is a bully.  The minute things don't go his way, he folds like a deck of cards.  He had Chack on queer street, and should have finished him. 

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2009, 03:48:46 PM »
fedors deal does seem pretty bad. i do think they are taking advantage of him over with m-1..he made 300000 bucks while his manager took a 1.2million fee..come on. i know fedor owns 20 percent of the company but i do think he could have made out better with the ufc. i know its not about money but it just seems crazy
irongearco.com

suckmymuscle

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2009, 04:50:19 PM »
Who the Fuck is Rogers?  Fedor beats another can.  So what.  He is the Floyd Mayweather of MMA. 

Rogers is a guy who's won 10 fights so far, 9 by KO. He is 260 lbs with great boxing skills and destroyed Arlovski, former UFC heavyweight champion, in 10 seconds. Show some more respect. Rogers would demolish anyone in the UFC, because of his power and size, except for Lesnar.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2009, 04:57:21 PM »
It is funny how people think Fedor is afraid of the UFC.  He isn't there because first he is not desperate.  He does not need the money nor the exposure.  He is already wealthy and world famous.  He has won 32 fights or whatever and has kicked everyone's ass.  If Dana was so confident then he should let Lesnar or whoever else fight in Strikeforce and beat the shit out of Fedor.  The only problem is he knows they (UFC fighter) will not win.  And that beating Fedor would give him would embarass the shit our of the UFC and Dana White.  So he knows this so if he is going to be humuliated then he should at least make the most money he can.  He is so used to getting fighters to do what he says he is pissed that Fedor has the balls to not do one thing he says.  I love it.  Mindspin hates it cause it gets Dana pissed and ruins his night.  Like I said the fact is the UFC has nothing to offer Fedor.  Sad but true.  And until Dana lets one of his heavyweights fight Fedor then Fedir is known worldwide as the #1 heavyweight

Your ignorance is painful.  What does Dana/UFC have to gain by allowing Brock to fight in Strike Force?  Nothing.  What do they lose? The revenues & and brand building opportunity for what would likely be one of the most viewed fights in MMA history.

Fedor is not fighting in the UFC because he is owned by a bunch of greedy promoters that make Don King look like Gandhi.  Have you seen the contract they had with Affliction?  It's a joke ::)
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2009, 05:01:57 PM »
w

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2009, 10:47:41 AM »
Your ignorance is painful.  What does Dana/UFC have to gain by allowing Brock to fight in Strike Force?  Nothing.  What do they lose? The revenues & and brand building opportunity for what would likely be one of the most viewed fights in MMA history.

Fedor is not fighting in the UFC because he is owned by a bunch of greedy promoters that make Don King look like Gandhi.  Have you seen the contract they had with Affliction?  It's a joke ::)

Greedy promoters as opposed to the angels that run the UFC? He could be exploited by M-1 or UFC. Not much of a difference.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2009, 11:41:42 PM »
Greedy promoters as opposed to the angels that run the UFC? He could be exploited by M-1 or UFC. Not much of a difference.

Really?  With the UFC he can hold a real belt, fight real opponents, be made into a Superstar in the US, make more money and have longevity with an organization that will continue to grow and be around for a long time.  What does he get with M-1? 
w

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2009, 02:52:32 AM »
Really?  With the UFC he can hold a real belt, fight real opponents, be made into a Superstar in the US, make more money and have longevity with an organization that will continue to grow and be around for a long time.  What does he get with M-1? 

once again, for what i understand the 'real' oponents he has in UFC are like 2 or 3 guys...so, after 1 year worth of fights, UFC will need to find fighters outside UFC, like Overeen, Josh barnett.... so whats the point??? the guy automatically get 'top status' when he enters the cage of UFC???

its like people expecting another nog/fedor fight...why in hell would that happen??? for the 4 time??? Minotauro was in his arguably BEST ever when he lost miserably to fedor, how can he now (fighting very so and so) win that guy???

UFC its a brand, like any other... Its like you saying the every athlete payed by Adidas, Puma or Reebok its garbage and 2nd line, because he isnt with Nike. UFC IS the best organization, and the most famous one, but they just dont have the best fighter (and not ALL the best fighters ) in the world, at least in the heavies division. And off course, all of this because Pride is no longer, because if not, the story would be completely different

you are very reasonable in all you say here, i just dont understand your 'hate' (lets call it that way) for Fedor and anything that is not UFC related. At least with Fedor i think you are being sarcastic, but with UFC its almost like you have something to do with them...

its that the case???  ;D
!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2009, 07:26:33 AM »
once again, for what i understand the 'real' oponents he has in UFC are like 2 or 3 guys...so, after 1 year worth of fights, UFC will need to find fighters outside UFC, like Overeen, Josh barnett.... so whats the point??? the guy automatically get 'top status' when he enters the cage of UFC???

its like people expecting another nog/fedor fight...why in hell would that happen??? for the 4 time??? Minotauro was in his arguably BEST ever when he lost miserably to fedor, how can he now (fighting very so and so) win that guy???

UFC its a brand, like any other... Its like you saying the every athlete payed by Adidas, Puma or Reebok its garbage and 2nd line, because he isnt with Nike. UFC IS the best organization, and the most famous one, but they just dont have the best fighter (and not ALL the best fighters ) in the world, at least in the heavies division. And off course, all of this because Pride is no longer, because if not, the story would be completely different

you are very reasonable in all you say here, i just dont understand your 'hate' (lets call it that way) for Fedor and anything that is not UFC related. At least with Fedor i think you are being sarcastic, but with UFC its almost like you have something to do with them...

its that the case???  ;D

I don't hate Fedor.  I'm pissed because I don't get to see him fight against real opponents.  As for the UFC, I have nothing to do with them.  I'm simply for one organization dominating, so that there are uniform rules and undisputed belt holders.  Whether it's the UFC or Strikeforce makes no difference to me.

w

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2009, 09:54:32 AM »

In the ufc he would get payed a top salary (as long as he wins and is marketable). With m-1 he gets a top salary plus his fame drags all the other red devil members into the money. Fedor is allready a multi mill why would he give up his honour and all of that for ''the ufc''?

Not even talking about the hw division; mir, couture, that roid cow, nog??

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2009, 11:06:17 AM »
In the ufc he would get payed a top salary (as long as he wins and is marketable). With m-1 he gets a top salary plus his fame drags all the other red devil members into the money. Fedor is allready a multi mill why would he give up his honour and all of that for ''the ufc''?

Not even talking about the hw division; mir, couture, that roid cow, nog??

Apparently those are "real opponents". LOL.

Mindspin has said that he has a vested interest in the UFC so it's not surprising that he spends his time bad mouthing everything else on here.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2009, 07:51:14 AM »
THIS THREAD IS DEAD.  MOVE ON.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2009, 09:23:41 AM »
Apparently those are "real opponents". LOL.

Mindspin has said that he has a vested interest in the UFC so it's not surprising that he spends his time bad mouthing everything else on here.

I said I have a vested interest in the UFC?  Must you rely on outrageous fabrications to prove a point?  Please show us where I said that and I will permanently delete my account.

As I've said before, Fedor is a giant pussy who is afraid to fight in the UFC and instead prefers to spend his time sucking Russian mobster's cocks.
w

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2009, 09:30:08 AM »
Haha, Brock Lesnar can't even beat the sniffles. Fedor will decimate him worse than the seasonal cold has.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2009, 09:34:44 AM »
 ::)

He has already beaten half of the UFC's heavyweight roster. He has already beaten Noguerra twice. Lesnar is on the shelf for what looks like a very long time. Who in the UFC can be considered better competition than the HW's in Strikeforce??!!?

Carwin is your only decent argument and thats it.

Mir is an overrated pussy-- Couture is very old and slow at this point. Having him fight Fedor would be nothing short of abusive. Who else is there? Check Kongo--- Give me a fuckin break. Even the guys who aren't at the top of the heap in Strikeforces HW division would be considered formidable in the UFC-- guys like Antonio Silva for instance.

Rodgers would easily be a top 5 HW if he stepped into the UFC tomorrow-- as would Overeem who Fedor will probably fight next. With Brock out of the picture, your whole argument holds no water at all.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2009, 01:50:43 PM »
::)

He has already beaten half of the UFC's heavyweight roster. He has already beaten Noguerra twice. Lesnar is on the shelf for what looks like a very long time. Who in the UFC can be considered better competition than the HW's in Strikeforce??!!?

Carwin is your only decent argument and thats it.

Mir is an overrated pussy-- Couture is very old and slow at this point. Having him fight Fedor would be nothing short of abusive. Who else is there? Check Kongo--- Give me a fuckin break. Even the guys who aren't at the top of the heap in Strikeforces HW division would be considered formidable in the UFC-- guys like Antonio Silva for instance.

Rodgers would easily be a top 5 HW if he stepped into the UFC tomorrow-- as would Overeem who Fedor will probably fight next. With Brock out of the picture, your whole argument holds no water at all.

You make my point for me.  With two federations we have no way of determining an undisputed heavyweight. 
w

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2009, 03:06:28 PM »
Fedor will fight better competition in Strikeforce.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2009, 08:34:26 PM »
Fedor will fight better competition in Strikeforce.
Better to pad his record with cans.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2009, 10:17:20 PM »
Better to pad his record with cans.

As opposed to a 46 year old Couture or a Big Nog that peaked in PRIDE and still got wrecked by Fedor?

Overeem or Rogers could step into the UFC today and win the belt it's that bad.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2009, 02:00:45 AM »
As opposed to a 46 year old Couture or a Big Nog that peaked in PRIDE and still got wrecked by Fedor?

Overeem or Rogers could step into the UFC today and win the belt it's that bad.

Rogers could, Overeem ain't passing an AC test.