Author Topic: pre contest prep  (Read 24670 times)

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
Re: pre contest prep
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2009, 07:54:00 AM »
im with luv with his experience of contest prep, ive fucked up a few times with the carb loading, so last time out me and all my buds just cruised in, did nothing out of the ordinary.. we all showed up the best we ever looked.. altho we could have been a few % better if we were a little fuller.. its a fine line

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2009, 12:40:51 AM »
i think the whole idea  of "different carbs effect different people differently" is for the most part placebo and/or all in the persons head...   as long as the carbs fat content is similar, the glucose-fructose-galactose contents are all similar, and the fiber content is similar,.. then there is no reason why they would ever effect a person differently from eachother

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2009, 10:00:36 AM »
i think the whole idea  of "different carbs effect different people differently" is for the most part placebo and/or all in the persons head...   as long as the carbs fat content is similar, the glucose-fructose-galactose contents are all similar, and the fiber content is similar,.. then there is no reason why they would ever effect a person differently from eachother

If there was ever one thing I'd disagree with you about it would be this. If I eat rice every day for weeks on end, I am always more bloated and tend to put on fat easier...if I switch the rice to oats or Ezekial bread and everything else remains the same, I do and feel a lot better. For some reason, my body does not do as good of a job utilizing rice. I'll agree with you, on paper this makes no sense but the mirror overrules paper all day IMO.

jerseymuscles113

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2009, 11:22:07 AM »
i'm gonna have to agree with aj, it seems whenever i carb up with rice i put on some fat

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2009, 02:00:40 PM »
If there was ever one thing I'd disagree with you about it would be this. If I eat rice every day for weeks on end, I am always more bloated and tend to put on fat easier...if I switch the rice to oats or Ezekial bread and everything else remains the same, I do and feel a lot better. For some reason, my body does not do as good of a job utilizing rice. I'll agree with you, on paper this makes no sense but the mirror overrules paper all day IMO.

well if that is the case for yourself, then by all means stay the fuck away from rice.  ;D

personally i see no difference between any of them...i generally use white rice for my carbs, but only because its the easiest thing to make and the easiest thing to eat (for me at least). plus it has zero fat, so it has less calories for the same amount of carbs as another source of carbs which might contain some fat.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2009, 04:34:23 PM »
well if that is the case for yourself, then by all means stay the fuck away from rice.  ;D

personally i see no difference between any of them...i generally use white rice for my carbs, but only because its the easiest thing to make and the easiest thing to eat (for me at least). plus it has zero fat, so it has less calories for the same amount of carbs as another source of carbs which might contain some fat.

Like I've always said, if it works for you go with it. Lot's of guys do just fine with rice, I've just never been one of them. I used to eat it all the time, just thought I was supposed to. It was convenient, I would make enough for the wk every Sunday afternoon. But oats are pretty convenient too, I just dump them in a shake or put mix them in dry with my chicken and a little hot sauce...sounds gross but it's not that bad.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2009, 06:25:58 PM »
Well bros i just had some rice pasta, cheese and meatballs, yummy. Rice pasta will bloat my ass like no tommorow but its a good bloat LOL.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2009, 06:54:35 PM »
Well bros i just had some rice pasta, cheese and meatballs, yummy. Rice pasta will bloat my ass like no tommorow but its a good bloat LOL.

I might have you beat. I just had some dry ass chicken and bland ass Ezekiel bread. Will cap the night off with some peanut butter and egg whites a little later.

...ok, you win, lol!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2009, 07:06:00 PM »
I might have you beat. I just had some dry ass chicken and bland ass Ezekiel bread. Will cap the night off with some peanut butter and egg whites a little later.

...ok, you win, lol!

I never tried that bread, any good?  And why dry chicken broski you could marinade that shit and its a bit more tasty and juicy, yeah more of a PITA too.  I just grilled about 3 lbs of it for lunches while at work.  I was wanting some pasta for a while have not had it in a long time, typically I will eat way too much of it but did practice control tonight, probally ate enough for 2 people but better than the usual 4 person serving I have been known to inhale.  :)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2009, 08:14:43 PM »
when dieting youll look forward to eating foods that you wouldnt even take a tiny nibble of otherwise.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2009, 09:36:50 PM »
I never tried that bread, any good?  And why dry chicken broski you could marinade that shit and its a bit more tasty and juicy, yeah more of a PITA too.  I just grilled about 3 lbs of it for lunches while at work.  I was wanting some pasta for a while have not had it in a long time, typically I will eat way too much of it but did practice control tonight, probally ate enough for 2 people but better than the usual 4 person serving I have been known to inhale.  :)

It's not bad at all. It's not as good as some butter covered biscuit but it's decent.

Believe it or not, I hardly ever marinate my chicken...most marinades taste too salty to me. There's a few out there that are OK but overall I'm not a big fan. I do eat a lot of salsa with my chicken or this no carb/no sugar wing sauce I found at Kroger that's pretty good. Every now and then I'll drizzle maybe 1tsp of ranch dressing on my chicken if I'm not dieting but that's about it. I eat pretty strict for the most part even when not dieting but I do eat a few junk/crap meals on the wkend. I was thinking about it the other day, I eat 42 meals per wk, out of those 42, 3 of them are garbage meals of whatever I want, so that's not too bad IMO.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2009, 08:56:53 AM »
when dieting youll look forward to eating foods that you wouldnt even take a tiny nibble of otherwise.

you should have seen my dining room table last time out, everytime i fancied somthing id buy it and put it there... i gained 3stone in a week...