Author Topic: pre contest prep  (Read 24667 times)

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
pre contest prep
« on: November 13, 2009, 07:12:54 PM »
what would you guys recommmend for a contest cycle? im currently running 8 ius gh and test/masteron so money isnt the issue, if you guys could run a contest stack, what would it be?
muscle

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: pre contest prep
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 08:44:10 PM »
Test
Tren-a
Winny

Those things for sure.
Probably Test-e the first 8-12wks and then prop the last 4.
Anadrol the last 2-3wks
Doubling the winny and tren dose the last 7-10 days

Then of course all the side items, clen, an AI and maybe some T-3

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 08:46:56 PM »
what would you guys recommmend for a contest cycle? im currently running 8 ius gh and test/masteron so money isnt the issue, if you guys could run a contest stack, what would it be?

test, tren, masteron, eq

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 08:35:49 AM »
how far away is the show??
if its months away,, just hammer home plenty of sus/enth with decca until 6 weeks out

switch to prop 100mg ed, then fill the rest of the barrel with one or 2 of either tren, prima or masteron

add 50mg dianabol, 50mg anavar, 50mg stromba

last 2 weeks you could replace the dianabol with halo and the prop with susp if youd like..

id be running clen and eca all the way through.... nolva and arimidex for last 6 weeks

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 08:40:34 AM »
Test
Anadrol + halotestin (combo)
Masteron + Winstrol (Inject-Combo)
EQ (only if VET grade, rest are fakes or severly underdosed.)
Anavar (Human grade, rest are fakes)
Tren-A (do it yourself with pellets and not chinese powder bullshit your UG dealer gives you)

Ephedrine Clen and maybe some T3
AI + AE (zero water retention what so ever)
mild diuretic

ur set
you figure out the dosages you need and time needd on each product

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 12:29:37 PM »
I would look at this sort of as a six month prep. first 3 months making improvements and gaining new muscle.

Test E 1000mg EW
Deca 500-600 mg EW
dbol 40-50mg ED
mild AI use

Dieting phase

Clen working up to 200-300mcg ED
plenty of adex or letro as much as 2mg ED letro
Test P last 8 weeks 100mg ED (the E and P will overlap here so you will be sky high on test at that this point)
Tren A 100 MG ED Last 10-8 weeks
Winny 100mg ED last 8 weeks

Last 2 weeks you will be pretty catabolic with the low calories, cardio and depleated BF.  Maybe that is a good time to introduce something like anadrol or at the least bump up your anabolic load maybe more tren and winny ED.  A fast mild dieretic would also be good to have available.  `

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 08:46:40 PM »
thanks alot guys!!! show in april so i have little ways but trying to plan my attack but of course hard dieting and cardio/training.
muscle

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 08:22:39 AM »
now what about growth?  when do i cut that out? and do i run the gear to day of show?
muscle

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 08:36:06 AM »
test prop 100mg eod
tren ace 100 eod
anavar 40 mg ed
gh 6 ui ed
clen
asstropin

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 08:59:34 AM »
diet.

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 09:17:59 AM »
why diet when you can use Ephedrine Clen Albuterol T3 + GH  ;D

efanhowz

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 09:40:56 AM »
why diet when you can use Ephedrine Clen Albuterol T3 + GH  ;D

arnold didnt have any of that stuff, i think old fashoined dieting worked for him ;D

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 12:23:50 PM »
even with diet and all he goodies, alot still stuggle to come in bang on.....

growth and gear right upto the show for me....

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 02:15:00 PM »
arnold didnt have any of that stuff, i think old fashoined dieting worked for him ;D

arnold never had glutes... no glutes, no glory.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 06:41:23 PM »
diet.

read my post above. already covered
muscle

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 10:14:06 PM »
-test and an anabolic, preferably trenbolone or whatever works best for the individual.

-t3

-clen (cycled)

-appetite suppressant if necessary

-GH if money isnt an issue

-long acting insulin if trying to maximize results to 100% of body's capability and dont mind exotic ideas

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 11:32:21 PM »
now what about growth?  when do i cut that out? and do i run the gear to day of show?

For the HGH I'd say at least a wk out...2wks if you're a little more sensitive.

Everything else, things like winny and tren, run it up to the day of the show...no need to pull it out, in fact you shouldn't.

Test, some guys will tell you that it needs to be stopped at least 2wks out, I think that's usually a bad idea...a lot of guys can end up really looking much flatter when they do this by the time show day arrives. When it comes to my guys it very much depends on the guy, if they're running prop at the end, which most of them do, most will have their last injection 3-4 days out from the show, in fewer cases, they'll run it all the way to the end...if they're not very sensitive, it can actually help fill them out in a good way.

If you decide to use something like anadrol which can be great, at least till the day before the show if you're not comfortable using it to the day of. But if you pull it out a wk or so before the show, you're defeating the purpose of running anadrol before a contest.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 11:07:06 AM »
4 weeks:
Sustanon 250 - (500-750 mg/week)
Deca (500 mg/week)
Dboll (3X20mg/day)
Trenbolon (200 mg/week)
Arimidex - 1mg /day

5-8 week:
Test Prop 50-100 mg/day alternate with Test Heptylate 50-100 mg day (500-700 mg/week)
Trenbolon Acetate (200 mg/week)
Primobolan (500 mg/week)
Anadrol (3 x 25 mg/day)
Winstrol tabs (3 x 15 mg/day)
Arimidex - 1 mg /day alternate with 2.5 mg Femara every other day

9-12 week:

Test prop 100 mg/day alternate with 50-100 mg Test Suspension /day - every other day (500-700 mg /week)
Masterone 100 mg every other day - stop 10 days out
Winstrol injectable 50 mg /day (week 9) 100 mg/day (week 10) and 150 mg/day (week 11) - stop 5 days out
Oxandrolone (3 x 10-20 mg/day)
Halotestin (3 x 10 mg/day) / Or Andriol (40 mg Test Undecanoate x 3 /day) - either or?
Arimidex 2 mg (possible 3?) /day

With this cycle possible additions:

Clenbuterol, T3 (cytomel) T4 (Synthroid) GH, insulin, Cytadren

Kentucky_cowboy

• Getbig II
  • Team Lean Face
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2009, 03:41:28 PM »
Lots of good info.

I never knew anadrol is recommended precontest.  Doesn't it lead to water retention?  What exactly is the purpose of throwing anadrol in near the show?  Do you take it up to the day of the show?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2009, 05:50:02 PM »
Lots of good info.

I never knew anadrol is recommended precontest.  Doesn't it lead to water retention?  What exactly is the purpose of throwing anadrol in near the show?  Do you take it up to the day of the show?

It will only lead to water retention if your diet is going to cause you to hold water. That's one of the big misconceptions about steroids, yes, some of them will cause you to hold more water than others, but it is largely based on how your eating as to how strong the effect of water retention will be. True, some guys are more sensitive than others but on a strict contest diet, and if you are pulling water like you should be any way, it really shouldn't be a problem.

The point of anadrol on a contest diet is to fill you out and blow you up...that's all.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2009, 07:07:10 PM »
It will only lead to water retention if your diet is going to cause you to hold water. That's one of the big misconceptions about steroids, yes, some of them will cause you to hold more water than others, but it is largely based on how your eating as to how strong the effect of water retention will be. True, some guys are more sensitive than others but on a strict contest diet, and if you are pulling water like you should be any way, it really shouldn't be a problem.

The point of anadrol on a contest diet is to fill you out and blow you up...that's all.
The point of anadrol on a precontest cycle is that, for a large number of people, anadrol is a very effective steroid... and the objective is to use the best steroid possible... so for the guys who respond very well to anadrol, then its inclusion in a precontest cycle is a wise one.... however for those who respond poorly to anadrol, or just respond better to a different steroid, then it wouldnt be included in the cycle.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2009, 08:11:34 PM »
The point of anadrol on a precontest cycle is that, for a large number of people, anadrol is a very effective steroid... and the objective is to use the best steroid possible... so for the guys who respond very well to anadrol, then its inclusion in a precontest cycle is a wise one.... however for those who respond poorly to anadrol, or just respond better to a different steroid, then it wouldnt be included in the cycle.

Yes, there's some truth to what you're saying but most guys use it at the end of the diet for a few wks simply to fill out more...that's all it is.

Kentucky_cowboy

• Getbig II
  • Team Lean Face
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2009, 10:46:40 PM »
Yes, there's some truth to what you're saying but most guys use it at the end of the diet for a few wks simply to fill out more...that's all it is.

1)  Fill out more - with water?  Or glycogen?  Both?

2)  How about using dbol instead?

3)  What types of foods cause water retention?  I heard egg whites are supposed to be cut out closer to a show as they lead to water retention?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2009, 12:48:14 AM »
1)  Fill out more - with water?  Or glycogen?  Both?
In simple terms, it's just going to make the muscles pop more. Since you'll more than likely be carbing up, yes it would be affecting your glycogen.

2)  How about using dbol instead?
I guess you could, I don't know anyone who has so I can't speak on it as far as how well it works in comparison to anadrol right before a contest.

3)  What types of foods cause water retention?  I heard egg whites are supposed to be cut out closer to a show as they lead to water retention?

I'm not sure about that. A lot of guys eat egg whites right up to the day of the show...I'm not sure how they would cause water retention. I'm not saying it's not possible, I've just never heard of it.

Foods that are processed will cause you to hold more water. Too much sodium in your diet will make you hold water. I'm not saying you should go very low sodium throughout your diet, not at all, the right amount of sodium in your diet will actually help things out, but there is a cutoff point.  As for other foods, the wrong carbs for a certain person will cause you to hold more water. IMO, there are only certain carb containing foods that are acceptable on a contest diet and at the end this can be even more so. Not every carb based food affects everyone the same though. Some guys use rice in their diet and even as part of their carb up, then there's guys like me who pretty much stay away from rice because it effects me in a negative way.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2009, 05:07:27 AM »
In simple terms, it's just going to make the muscles pop more. Since you'll more than likely be carbing up, yes it would be affecting your glycogen.
I guess you could, I don't know anyone who has so I can't speak on it as far as how well it works in comparison to anadrol right before a contest.
I'm not sure about that. A lot of guys eat egg whites right up to the day of the show...I'm not sure how they would cause water retention. I'm not saying it's not possible, I've just never heard of it.

Foods that are processed will cause you to hold more water. Too much sodium in your diet will make you hold water. I'm not saying you should go very low sodium throughout your diet, not at all, the right amount of sodium in your diet will actually help things out, but there is a cutoff point.  As for other foods, the wrong carbs for a certain person will cause you to hold more water. IMO, there are only certain carb containing foods that are acceptable on a contest diet and at the end this can be even more so. Not every carb based food affects everyone the same though. Some guys use rice in their diet and even as part of their carb up, then there's guys like me who pretty much stay away from rice because it effects me in a negative way.

Good points.  As far as filling out and being full for a show  This is the goal of all competitive BB, to be big AND ripped.  Pretty easy to be one or the other but both is reserved for the smart, well executing, genetically gifted individuals.  Its a combonation of everythinmg, diet, training, supps.  Like mentioned by AJ sodium/water will make a big difference and I agree there needsto be the proper balance to bring out your best.

It's really all about timing, you wanna peak very close to the day of the event.  Best to be ready a little early than try and play catch up later in the prep.  Buy timing I mean you timed your weight loss so that you are in shape close to the show date.  If your ready too early then you risk loosing muscle on the diet and comming in too small and stringy.  If your ready too late than you will not bring the conditioning necessary to be competitive. 

As far as carbing up, I think this is the least understood aspect of conest prep.  Most people think some magic will happen that last day or so if they just carb and manipulate water.  Most will also botch up a lot of hard work at this point.  One thing to know, you better be truly depleted if you are gonna consider carbing up.  You better be 5% or less to even think about it.  I have done my best when I just pretty much rolled into contest day with out any crazy water/carb manipulation.  Myself I can get by on less carbs, my muscles will stay more loaded with the carbs, water and sodium at a higher level, but getting the dry shredded look will take a bit less carbs and reduced sodium for me.  A thing about sodium, its everywhere and I think they say 2-3 grams a day is normal.  Its very easy to eat that much sodium.  Thing is sodium will have you holding extracellular water (outside the muscle) so unless you are very good at determining what is water and what is still fat (and most people I see underestimate the fat and say its water) you will have a hard time getting a good idea where you really are conditioning wise.  Kind of like an artist trying to paint a painting while looking through very dirty glasses, hard to tell how its comming along if you can see it very well.

have good ancillaries lined up to, Estrogen from aromatase will have you holding water and fat like a pregnant woman.  Take enough of them to get the desired effect.