Author Topic: Shawn Ray VS. Dexter Jackson  (Read 85814 times)

brent2741

• Getbig IV
Re: Shawn Ray VS. Dexter Jackson
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2009, 03:53:43 PM »
shawn by a mile

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2009, 04:21:24 PM »
shawn by a mile

Dex's The Olympia win (Shawns long time goal) still makes it a sad argument. Thanks to Jay showing up off, Jackson obtained what Shawn and Flex have sought after for years.
((-::

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2009, 04:23:26 PM »
 ;)

alnassak

• Getbig IV
  • مـشـتـآق لـك مـوت يـآلـي طـول غـيـآبـك
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2009, 10:16:25 PM »
You still post here?  Long time no see, hows it going man? 

Hi Brother,

Yeah I am still here, I just went back from my vacation and I am fine.

Thanks for asking  :)
Corvette Lover

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2009, 08:27:36 AM »
Dex's The Olympia win (Shawns long time goal) still makes it a sad argument. Thanks to Jay showing up off, Jackson obtained what Shawn and Flex have sought after for years.
dex won in a sad sad olympia era, look at the caliber of competition shawn went up against and then look at the caliber or dexter's...... no contest

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2009, 10:25:06 AM »

Dorian showed up off, too, back in 1994 (with a torn bicep, no less). The difference seems to be that the judges let the defending champion keep his title, despite showing up waterlogged then.

Whereas in 2008, Jay showed up bloated and paid dearly for it.

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2009, 10:29:10 AM »
dexter is a very good bodybuilder but shawn is among the tip top of all time.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2009, 11:41:06 AM »
dexter is a very good bodybuilder but shawn is among the tip top of all time.
qft,,,,

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2009, 01:52:04 PM »
soft?? You're joking, right?  This current era is known for being considerably softer and less conditioned than the era that shawn was so successful in.  Do some research.

Hmm, well Dex is famous for his hardness and condition. Shawn famously looked much less hard than Dorian. I'm not saying Dex would look as hard as Dorian either, but I think Dex is harder, his hams and glutes are more stragniterized. Maybe even more than hardness it's the dryness. 90s guys may have looked better in lots of ways, but today's guys sure take the "shrivelled prune" dryness to pretty dangerous levels sometimes. Markus Ruhl even said he prefered BB back in the 90s cos today's BB is like a "drying out contest".

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2009, 02:11:44 PM »
Shawn famously looked much less hard than Dorian.

not in the years he should have beaten dorian: 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2009, 02:23:47 PM »
Dorian showed up off, too, back in 1994 (with a torn bicep, no less). The difference seems to be that the judges let the defending champion keep his title, despite showing up waterlogged then.

Whereas in 2008, Jay showed up bloated and paid dearly for it.

I am a Shawn Ray fan   but feel Dex's win makes his carrer more productive.   Sad but true. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2009, 03:04:29 PM »
I am a Shawn Ray fan   but feel Dex's win makes his carrer more productive.   Sad but true. 
Here is the thing, his career may have been more productive, but is he better? To me he is not. I mean is Dex better than Flex, because Dex won the Mr. O? Hell No.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2009, 03:06:15 PM »
Ray looked perfect on his own. But in a world today where people say Heath is too narrow, what does that make Shawn Ray?

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2009, 03:13:04 PM »
Here is the thing, his career may have been more productive, but is he better? To me he is not. I mean is Dex better than Flex, because Dex won the Mr. O? Hell No.
Winning the title IS the best way to argue for yourself.  Again, I am not a fan of Dex (though I gave him my props 2 seconds after his win last fall) but winning that title is what its all about.   They all look good but someone has to win it.   No one forced Flex or Shawn out of the game, they chose that route while Coleman and Dex stayed. So MAYBE Shawn and Ken would have won the title after Ronnie left.   But like Barry Sanders, if you leave, the victor goes spoils.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2009, 03:15:32 PM »
Ray looked perfect on his own. But in a world today where people say Heath is too narrow, what does that make Shawn Ray?
One thing that kept Shawn ahead of the game despite that weakness, is he knew how to expand his ribcage in his front double pose.  No one can do that now. They hit the front douulbe like its an abs shot.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2009, 03:17:55 PM »
Winning the title IS the best way to argue for yourself.  Again, I am not a fan of Dex (though I gave him my props 2 seconds after his win last fall) but winning that title is what its all about.   They all look good but someone has to win it.   No one forced Flex or Shawn out of the game, they chose that route while Coleman and Dex stayed. So MAYBE Shawn and Ken would have won the title after Ronnie left.   But like Barry Sanders, if you leave, the victor goes spoils.

Even without the Sandown Flex stands alone , Shawn's career wasn't spectacular he wasn't in Flex's league and as far as a competitive bodybuilder he wasn't in Dexter's either , physiques you can argue career's you can't.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2009, 03:59:01 PM »

true. but that was through circumstance alone.

Dex at his best could not come close to ray at his best:
Flower Boy Ran Away

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2009, 04:08:52 PM »
Even without the Sandown Flex stands alone , Shawn's career wasn't spectacular he wasn't in Flex's league and as far as a competitive bodybuilder he wasn't in Dexter's either , physiques you can argue career's you can't.
Flex stands alone at what ?   A guy with a great physique who never won the O? WOW   I'll just have him sit by Dan Marino, Barry Sanders and Charles Barkley while Dex can sit next to Joe Montana, Emmitt, and Kobe!!!!!!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2009, 04:10:03 PM »
Flex stands alone at what ?   A guy with a great physique who never won the O? WOW   I'll just have him sit by Dan Marino, Barry Sanders and Charles Barkley while Dex can sit next to Joe Montana, Emmitt, and Kobe!!!!!!

LOL!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2009, 04:22:19 PM »
Shawn's career wasn't spectacular

12 consecutive top 5 finishes at the Mr. O and and Arnold Classic win was not spectacular?

hello?

::)

he chased the O. he wasn't interested in all the little contests like Flex was.

so you can't just go by shear contest records on a page, much like you can't go simply by scorecards either.

you still have so much to learn... :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2009, 04:55:42 PM »
12 consecutive top 5 finishes at the Mr. O and and Arnold Classic win was not spectacular?

hello?

so you can't just go by shear contest records on a page, much like you can't go simply by scorecards either.

Not true he was interested in the little shows and never did well in them hence why he put all his apples in one basket and failed

he was consistent sure , his career wasn't spectacular sorry slick 2 pro wins big deal , Dexter's career shits on his , physiques is another matter

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2009, 05:00:59 PM »

Stands alone in terms of physique & career.  he never won the big one , but he sure as fuck won a lot of major ones 4 Arnold Classics , 5 Ironmans , won four pro shows as a rookie and placed second in his first Olympia , in direct relation to Shawn Flex stands alone.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2009, 05:27:04 PM »
Shawn looks better
Dex is better.

shawn, more complete, better lines
dex, more cut, more muscle

dex would win in a show, if swahn beats dex due to better structure, then ahmad haidar or ronnie rockel should be mr o. understand retard? ;D

Alex Ardenti

• Expert
  • Getbig II
  • www.ardentifilms.com www.bodybuildingFLIX.com
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2009, 05:43:22 PM »
www.bodybuildingFIX.com

Dexter Jackson at 2009 Mr Olympia
bodybuildingFLIX.com

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2009, 09:14:33 PM »

hello?

Again, shough he was great, he never accomplished THE GOAL. Close but no cigar.