Author Topic: Joe Meeko passed away last night...  (Read 63889 times)

Clancy

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: Joe Meeko passed away last night...
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2009, 05:55:43 PM »
At least being a lifetime NATURAL nobody can scream BB DRUGS.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2009, 05:58:18 PM »
At least being a lifetime NATURAL nobody can scream BB DRUGS.
joe never claimed natural status to my knowledge...

Clancy

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2009, 06:02:23 PM »
Drugs are Illegal so you are Not saying what I think you are saying are you???

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2009, 06:11:14 PM »
Drugs are Illegal so you are Not saying what I think you are saying are you???
they weren't illegal when joe competed you dipstick...

Clancy

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2009, 06:12:38 PM »
WOW DRUGS WERE LEGAL THE GOOD OL DAYS.

The_Leafy_Bug

Re: breaking news....
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2009, 06:21:08 PM »
At least we can clone him given the tenacity of wearing a mullet for a few decades.  Surely there is enough hair in the carpet or on the rubber mat at the gym so all is not completely lost.
I've decided if i die young i want you to do my eulogy to meltdown those who care  ;D. An owning from the dead so to speak.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2009, 07:15:11 PM »
 joe had not taken anything in over 20 years so i highly doubt that to be a factor.. i am curious as to why no one on ironage has mentioned the cause of death?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2009, 07:53:59 PM »
lyme disease is bad news....

"depression is the most common psychiatric syndrome associated with late stage Lyme disease. Although depression is common in any chronic illness, it is more prevalent with Lyme patients than in most other chronic illnesses. There appears to be multiple causes, including a number of psychological and physical factors.

From a psychological standpoint, many Lyme patients are psychologically overwhelmed by the large multitude of symptoms associated with this disease. Most medical conditions primarily affect only one part of the body, or only one organ system. As a result, patients singularly afflicted can do activities which allow them to take a vacation from their disease. In contrast, multi-system diseases such as Lyme, depression, chronic Lyme disease can penetrate into multiple as pects of a person’s life. It is difficult to escape for periodic recovery. In many cases, this results in a vicious cycle of disappointment, grief; chronic stress, and demoralization.

It should be noted that depression is not only caused by psychological factors. Physical dysfunction can directly cause depression. Endo crine disorders such as hypothyroidism, which cause depression, are sometimes associated with Lyme disease and further strengthen the link be tween Lyme disease and depression.

The most complex link is the association between Lyme disease and central nervous system functioning. Lyme encephalopathy results in the dysfunction of a number of different mental func tions. This in turn results in cognitive, emotional, vegetative, and/or neurological pathology. Although all Lyme disease patients demonstrate many similar symptoms, no two patients present with the exact same symptom profile.

Other mental syndromes associated with late state Lyme disease, such as attention deficit disorder, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, etc., may also contribute to the develop ment of depression. Dysfunction of other specific pathways may more directly cause depression. The link between encephalopathy and depression has been more thoroughly studied in other illnesses, such as stroke. The neura1 injury from a stroke causes neural dysfunction that causes depression. Injury to specific brain regions has different statisti cal correlation with the development of depression. Once depression or other psychiatric syndromes occur with Lyme disease, treating them effectively improves other Lyme disease symptoms as well and prevents the development of more severe conse quences, such as suicide.

Suicidal tendencies are common in neuropsychiatric Lyme patients. There have been a number of completed suicides in Lyme disease patients and one published account of a combined homicide/suicide. Suicide accounts for a significant number of the fatalities associated with Lyme disease. In my database, suicidal tendencies occur in approxi mately 1/3 of Lyme encephalopathy patients."

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2009, 08:10:55 PM »
what a man.. he died from a  tick bite... thats one tough sob!
real men= no rubbers

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2009, 08:27:19 PM »
Offed himself.

I'd bet this too. Usually when someone dies and people aren't forthcoming, it's suicide, social disease, or something else that might make the person seem weak or embarassing.

RIP to him.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2009, 08:31:01 PM »
 adonis.. yeah.. that is what i thought.. why not just come out and say.. ironage, although i love the web site, gets offended by asking.. people want to know.. he had a tough life the last couple of years.. wife tried to murder him ect.. thought he was getting it back on track with the movie deals he was getting.. depression is a bitch..

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2009, 08:43:23 PM »
adonis.. yeah.. that is what i thought.. why not just come out and say.. ironage, although i love the web site, gets offended by asking.. people want to know.. he had a tough life the last couple of years.. wife tried to murder him ect.. thought he was getting it back on track with the movie deals he was getting.. depression is a bitch..

If that is the case that is very sad but also understandable considering what he has been through in the past few years.  I like ironage too since they have a knowledge base that is very unique as far as message boards go, but I agree that members get offended far too easily.

For those of you who want to learn more about Joe, you can check out the information available on his website:

http://www.joemeeko.com

RIP Joe.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2009, 12:48:48 AM »
I posted some newer pictures of him in this thread:

http://tiny.cc/UZzjg

Even recently, it looks like he had some pretty big arms!  He claimed they went from 17" cold to 18" cold recently.  Does anyone have any more information on his passing?  Very sad.  It must have been pretty rough to struggle with Lyme Disease.  :(
Bodybuilding Pro.com

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2009, 01:10:46 AM »
= AIDS in all likelyhood

STFU you piece of shit! You knew nothing about him.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2009, 01:12:41 AM »
           don't know for sure but he was battling lyme disease for over a year?

Actually he had it for many years and didn't know it. He went into detail on this over at IronAge where he was a frequent poster  and had a huge Q and A thread.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2009, 01:21:51 AM »
At least we can clone him given the tenacity of wearing a mullet for a few decades.  Surely there is enough hair in the carpet or on the rubber mat at the gym so all is not completely lost.

Since you love to google so much to show us how intelligent you are why don't you google him and find out what kind of person he was you pompous ass!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2009, 01:23:36 AM »
they weren't illegal when joe competed you dipstick...

EXACTLY! And he got out of the sport when he saw the direction it was going. He was a good and decent man.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2009, 01:25:37 AM »
joe had not taken anything in over 20 years so i highly doubt that to be a factor.. i am curious as to why no one on ironage has mentioned the cause of death?

I'm a regular on that board for years and we were ask to "reflect" on his death instead. Fuking pussies!

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2009, 01:27:15 AM »
EXACTLY! And he got out of the sport when he saw the direction it was going. He was a good and decent man.

I believe that Joe's physique was one built strictly on AAS and not on GH/insulin or the PEDs which became more popular a few years after Joe's last contest.  Joe was a very nice person who I chatted with via the internet after reviewing his DVD in 2005.  He was always prompt to answer questions on his Q&A at ironage and had another such thread on mayhem:

http://www.ironage.us/yabbse/index.php/topic,10564.0.html

He enjoyed helping others to reach their goals and was always pleasant, even in the face of adversity.

Rest in Peace, Joe.  :'(
Bodybuilding Pro.com

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2009, 01:27:43 AM »
what a man.. he died from a  tick bite... thats one tough sob!

Malaria is a major killer in this world -- from a mosquito.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2009, 01:28:36 AM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2009, 02:00:44 AM »
RIP Joe

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2009, 02:19:53 AM »
Joe Meeko with Jeff King:
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2009, 09:53:25 AM »
Another roid user dead

spinnis

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2009, 10:01:09 AM »
Another roid user dead

13898 smokers died yesterday hell yes.