Author Topic: Joe Meeko passed away last night...  (Read 63643 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Joe Meeko passed away last night...
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2009, 10:07:54 AM »
13898 smokers died yesterday hell yes.
I could be dead tomorrow 13899

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2009, 10:09:33 AM »
13898 smokers died yesterday hell yes.

What's your fuking point, Swede? That it's pointless to acknowledge that someone in our sport has died? Someone that many knew and a person who was exceptionally decent and good. That it doesn't merit a thread here on GetBig but you moving into an apartment does?

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2009, 10:09:48 AM »
I could be dead tomorrow 13899
failed debate proven wrong with facts

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2009, 10:10:31 AM »
failed debate proven wrong with facts
;D good point

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2009, 10:11:44 AM »
Another roid user dead

Hey asshole, didn't you read the rest of this thread or is that taxing the upper limits of your attention span? The guy retired in his twenties because he didn't like the direction the sport was taking and walked away over twenty years ago.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2009, 10:15:39 AM »
Hey asshole, didn't you read the rest of this thread or is that taxing the upper limits of your attention span? The guy retired in his twenties because he didn't like the direction the sport was taking and walked away over twenty years ago.
Chill out pell fill me in

spinnis

« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2009, 10:18:02 AM »
What's your fuking point, Swede? That it's pointless to acknowledge that someone in our sport has died? Someone that many knew and a person who was exceptionally decent and good. That it doesn't merit a thread here on GetBig but you moving into an apartment does?

wtf? I just responded to his post with othjer facts retard

and no I dont give a flying fuck if someone dies in this "sport" especially one ive never even heard of.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2009, 10:22:22 AM »
wtf? I just responded to his post with othjer facts retard

and no I dont give a flying fuck if someone dies in this "sport" especially one ive never even heard of.

Of course you don't. You're a typical self-absorbed generation nothingness freeloader. I just heard yesterday that Sweden has practically life long unemployment benefits. Is that how you afford to live in an apartment and bang 15 whores? You had a job once and now sponge off others who have endure the daily grind while you loaf around. Is that why you keep avoiding the question as to how you support yourself without a job?

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2009, 10:23:21 AM »
Of course you don't. You're a typical self-absorbed generation nothingness freeloader. I just heard yesterday that Sweden has practically life long unemployment benefits. Is that how you afford to live in an apartment and bang 15 whores? You had a job once and now sponge off others who have endure the daily grind while you loaf around. Is that why you keep avoiding the question as to how you support yourself without a job?
So, Pellius, are you out ridin those big waves lately?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2009, 10:24:48 AM »
Clearly Jealousy has taken over here.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2009, 10:25:27 AM »
Chill out pell fill me in

Maybe you're right but if you knew Joe you would know that he was an exceptionally decent and good man always generous with his time helping others. Matt C's post was just one of hundreds examples.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2009, 10:26:36 AM »
Maybe you're right but if you knew Joe you would know that he was an exceptionally decent and good man always generous with his time helping others. Matt C's post was just one of hundreds examples.

Sorry dude I guess he was a good guy didnt know him....RIP.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2009, 10:30:37 AM »
Clearly Jealousy has taken over here.

LOL! There actually use to be a time when a man felt ashamed and disgraced when he couldn't support himself and his family. Not so today. Guys live with their parents until they close in on thirties and many try to game the system so they live off others.

I've been supporting myself since I was 18. Even though at times my living conditions weren't always ideal I always felt a since of pride that even if I was working menial jobs at least I was pulling my own weight. But guys today don't want to rough it.

I'd rather work at McDonalds and live in a card board box than freeload off welfare or other government programs.

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2009, 10:36:27 AM »
LOL! There actually use to be a time when a man felt ashamed and disgraced when he couldn't support himself and his family. Not so today. Guys live with their parents until they close in on thirties and many try to game the system so they live off others.

I've been supporting myself since I was 18. Even though at times my living conditions weren't always ideal I always felt a since of pride that even if I was working menial jobs at least I was pulling my own weight. But guys today don't want to rough it.

I'd rather work at McDonalds and live in a card board box than freeload off welfare or other government programs.

Good post.  It's all so true

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2009, 10:38:37 AM »
So, Pellius, are you out ridin those big waves lately?

Good to hear from you, my friend. Still training for Mr. GetBig?

The waves right now are way out of my league. Waimea and other beaches on the North Shore are at 30-40 ft. No joke. I know my limits.
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009912080345

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2009, 10:44:18 AM »
Good points made Pellius,and the fact that some posters on here don`t even know who Joe Meeko was shows the lack of knowledge on here.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2009, 10:54:54 AM »
Sorry dude I guess he was a good guy didnt know him....RIP.

No worries. I didn't know I was talking to you when I said "ass hole." I just immediately responded to the post without thinking. I've know Joe and corresponded with him for many years. None of the subjects were even remotely related to bodybuilding. Joe still trained to stay healthy, keep in shape and simply loved it -- but he was far, far more than a bodybuilder.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2009, 11:03:12 AM »
Good points made Pellius,and the fact that some posters on here don`t even know who Joe Meeko was shows the lack of knowledge on here.

They're kids. Meeko's day was in the eighties when bodybuilding was still somewhat decent. But even then Joe saw the writing on the wall and although he was extraordinary gifted he had a good upbringing and was a clean cut kid. He knew this wasn't the sport for him.

His passing came as a complete shock to me because he lived such a healthy, wholesome lifestyle (although he was always battling health problems due to Lyme). He also had so many bad breaks in the last few years: near fatal car crash, wife who went crazy and of course the Lyme disease which he was battling for years but was never diagnosed properly. And this was just to name a few.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2009, 11:08:23 AM »
Joe was a good guy......he sent me a pair of his power grips free of charge and I still use them every week on back day.......used to post on my board at times.

Good guy, with a great physique, who will be misssed by people who know who he is.

Just thought I`d add that last pasrt due to the kids and their lack of bodybuilding history.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2009, 11:12:56 AM »
Joe was a good guy......he sent me a pair of his power grips free of charge and I still use them every week on back day.......used to post on my board at times.

Good guy, with a great physique, who will be misssed by people who know who he is.

Just thought I`d add that last pasrt due to the kids and their lack of bodybuilding history.

I also use his Power Grips on back day and have for years. Nothing matches it. Just make sure you get the right size.

He was a good guy. He was the kind of guy that after you talk to him he inspires you to want to be a better person.

Fuk!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2009, 11:57:00 AM »
joe was going to go the ifbb route, but after meeting joe weider changed his mind, being an old aau guy they probably would have screwed him in the contests. as stated on ironhistory in regards to aau mr americas, the first twelve who died lived to an average age of 78.3 years well above the normal life expectancy at the time. the next twelve died at an average age of 58.9 at the same time the average age expectancy for men went up.  how can this be? all this being said joe meeko was a great guy nice to his fans not arrogant at all and he had a lot to be arrogant about....when his wife tried to do him in , he dropped all charges in the aftermath speaks volumes.
F

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2009, 11:57:17 AM »
don't know him so its really hard for me to give half a shit.
You really are a callous asshole.......you are something else.......you don't matter to me though.....just amazed at what a prick you are.... making light of a man's death.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2009, 11:59:22 AM »
Another roid user dead
it was lyme disease that he died of......not roids.......check yourself @ the door before you enter.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2009, 11:59:50 AM »
above was a recent shop of joe he looked in pretty good shape even though he was still suffering from lyme disease. pic below is of joe meeko and father at the mr a aau which he won.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2009, 12:02:17 PM »
joe's muscle covers.
F