Author Topic: Harry Reid uses the "Negro" word to describe Obama.  (Read 6249 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: Harry Reid uses the "Negro" word to describe Obama.
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2010, 10:04:37 AM »
I have a dream....

that one day blacks (negroes, african americans, coloreds...personally, i don't need a new PC name to know who I am) will WAKE UP and realize that  Democrats have NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER specific to our race.  They're only interested in our vote.  WTFU people!  It would also be nice if people would do their research and understand that it was the DEMOCRATIC PARTY who fought to KEEP segregation.   

The media and the arts have done an amazing job of influencing people otherwise. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2010, 10:11:01 AM »
I have a dream....

that one day blacks (negroes, african americans, coloreds...personally, i don't need a new PC name to know who I am) will WAKE UP and realize that  Democrats have NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER specific to our race.  They're only interested in our vote.  WTFU people!  It would also be nice if people would do their research and understand that it was the DEMOCRATIC PARTY who fought to KEEP segregation.   

The media and the arts have done an amazing job of influencing people otherwise. 

Without 90% of the black vote EVERY election the dems lose in tight races. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2010, 10:16:39 AM »
yep

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2010, 10:47:21 AM »
His comments pale in comparison to the disaster he permits on the floor of the Senate with this Deathcare disaster. 

This is all a distraction. 

+1
As empty as paradise

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2010, 08:23:47 PM »
agreed, on all accounts

reid basically gave the man a compliment albeit in a crude manner but a compliment non the less.

How was it a compliment? To consider it a compliment illustrates a very Eurocentric mindset.
It implies there is something ugly or distasteful about dark or darker skin.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2010, 08:29:07 PM »
How was it a compliment? To consider it a compliment illustrates a very Eurocentric mindset.

"Negro Dialect" ????  I have a Bronx NY dialect.  WTF is reid talking about?  This really reveals a sinister person in Reid.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2010, 08:32:03 PM »
Face it folks, the only time you really get to hear what a politician really thinks, is when its behind closed doors and off the record. IMHO  most if not all politicians are sociopaths.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2010, 08:35:46 PM »
msnbc was very tough on reid actually.  they said he's losing his seat no matter what, and repubs actually WANT him to keep the seat.  He's 5 to 15 points behind everyone - even fringe candidates - and this was BEFORE the slur.

mathews' hardball guests today were saying he should regisn leadership psot and possibly his job altogether.  He's gonna lose it in 10 months anyway. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2010, 08:43:37 PM »
Face it folks, the only time you really get to hear what a politician really thinks, is when its behind closed doors and off the record. IMHO  most if not all politicians are sociopaths.

very true

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2010, 08:46:11 PM »
yes yes my comment was directed towards his "no negro dialect comment" that is a compliment as in he speaks proper english...

the light skinned comment could be offensive

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2010, 12:56:39 AM »
yes yes my comment was directed towards his "no negro dialect comment" that is a compliment as in he speaks proper english...

Inability to speak proper English, even flawed understanding of rudimentary grammatics, is an instant road block for many young blacks trying to build a career.
And somehow, blacks are expected to speak wild and colorful. Perhaps if the president doesn't that will set the tone.
As empty as paradise

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2010, 01:21:38 AM »
Inability to speak proper English, even flawed understanding of rudimentary grammatics, is an instant road block for many young blacks trying to build a career.
And somehow, blacks are expected to speak wild and colorful. Perhaps if the president doesn't that will set the tone.

...and the inability to speak or understand Ebonics can be a recipe for getting your ass kicked,
or as in my case, ...people assuming you think you are white, or that you think you're somehow better than them.

Thank Goodness highschool is in the past.

I remember when I first moved to Southern Cali, ...people were blown away that I didn't speak 'Ebonics'  ::)

I swear some people really need to get out more.  >:(
w

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2010, 04:33:43 AM »
...and the inability to speak or understand Ebonics can be a recipe for getting your ass kicked,

What's your point?

That the rest of us need to learn to speak Ebonics?

That we need to "de-learn" proper grammar?

BTW, it's not a "black" issue either.

Poor language in white thrash or among spics are just as big hindrance.

Parents should put kids into reading books.

And I'm not talking about easy reading shit.

But classics like Gulliver's travels and various works by Dickens.
As empty as paradise

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2010, 06:26:39 AM »
Excellent point Colossus. 

"This is the same Harry Reid that a few weeks ago compared opponents of Obama care with racists who opposed freeing the slaves"
I forgot about that 333...certainly an absolutely ridiculous comment.

I wouldn't call for him to step down but would certainly outline the reasons why he should be voted out.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2010, 06:30:19 AM »
Did you see Obama yetsterday?Chastising those who would make a story out of this?The same Obama who called for Trent Lott to step down and who commented on Don Imus.

I find it funny when the libs say "you need to take into account the entirety of their life".Lets see,Don Imus has built hospital wings for kids with cancer,funded the intrepids rehab center for wounded soldiers,just gave 250,000 to a hospital in Harlem,runs a ranch for kids with cancer.He has done more good work in his life then Hussein Obama will ever do in his miserable life[like giving less then 1% of his income to charrity]and the libs ran Imus off the air.Double talking two faced idiots.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2010, 06:32:38 AM »
Did you see Obama yetsterday?Chastising those who would make a story out of this?The same Obama who called for Trent Lott to step down and who commented on Don Imus.

I find it funny when the libs say "you need to take into account the entirety of their life".Lets see,Don Imus has built hospital wings for kids with cancer,funded the intrepids rehab center for wounded soldiers,just gave 250,000 to a hospital in Harlem,runs a ranch for kids with cancer.He has done more good work in his life then Hussein Obama will ever do in his miserable life[like giving less then 1% of his income to charrity]and the libs ran Imus off the air.Double talking two faced idiots.

Obama can GFH 10 fold.   

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2010, 06:51:08 AM »
just calling a spade a spade..
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2010, 06:54:02 AM »
just calling a spade a spade..

I would have prefered if Reid instead called Obama a:  communist, radical, marxist, NWO front-man, liar, shill, whore, a tyrant, and or any combo of the above.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2010, 11:02:16 AM »
or as in my case, ...people assuming you think you are white, or that you think you're somehow better than them.

Thank Goodness highschool is in the past.

I remember when I first moved to Southern Cali, ...people were blown away that I didn't speak 'Ebonics'  ::)

I swear some people really need to get out more.  >:(
some ppl also need to understand that while some behaviors are acceptable in certain instances they are not in others.

I can speak with a southern draw but when Im working or in a professional atmosphere I am careful of how I pronounce words and my mannerisms...is it asking to much for others to do the same?

like hedge said many blacks eliminate themselves from opportunities b/c of the way they talk and act a rational person would see this and do something to remedy the situation...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2010, 11:15:32 AM »
some ppl also need to understand that while some behaviors are acceptable in certain instances they are not in others.

I can speak with a southern draw but when Im working or in a professional atmosphere I am careful of how I pronounce words and my mannerisms...is it asking to much for others to do the same?

like hedge said many blacks eliminate themselves from opportunities b/c of the way they talk and act a rational person would see this and do something to remedy the situation...

Its called keepin it real yo! 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2010, 11:21:42 AM »
Its called keepin it real yo! 

Fo' shizzle ma' nizzle!*

*http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fo'%20shizzle%20my%20nizzle
As empty as paradise

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2010, 07:07:44 PM »
Um....didn't Geraldine Ferraro get the boot for saying something MUCH less "insensitive" that Senator Reid? ???  HMMMMMMM

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2010, 07:11:11 PM »
Um....didn't Geraldine Ferraro get the boot for saying something MUCH less "insensitive" that Senator Reid? ???  HMMMMMMM

Maybe this Reid thing will lead to a stop in drama queens demanding people being fired?
As empty as paradise

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2010, 07:21:31 PM »

Many people do all sorts of things to limit their opportunities.  It's not specific to race.  I've worked closely with human resources over the years.  It's amazing how many people show up to interviews in jeans these days.  You would not believe it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2010, 08:01:27 PM »
Many people do all sorts of things to limit their opportunities.  It's not specific to race.  I've worked closely with human resources over the years.  It's amazing how many people show up to interviews in jeans these days.  You would not believe it.
im not saying it is but to deny that this is a problem in the AA sub culture is being ignorant. Certainly man I went to a couple of Job fairs a while back and LOL the way some of these ppl dressed was just hilarious.