Author Topic: Vince Basile  (Read 77864 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Vince Basil
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2010, 11:34:16 PM »
Here is my version of a dip-chin machine. It can accommodate a person up to 210 Kg. That is the largest person who has used it to do chins. Quite an achievement and very safe to use. I have a solid step platform and the machine has quality parts. It is counterbalanced so that what you select on the stack is the exact weight subtracted from your bodyweight. I have a Cybex unit but it is nowhere near as solid nor does it feel as good as this machine. I take a lot of time to get the movement correct. I have seen some manufacturers having the apparatus go straight up and down. Nope, you move outward when you chin to your chest. It was quite the trick to get the mechanism to work and still accommodate tall people. Works with people up to 2 metres tall. That is about 6-6.

I use quality components throughout. Stainless steel is used for all parts that people touch. I selected a standing version because it is safer to use than the kneeling variety which is a bit tricky getting off when dismounting.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2010, 12:25:32 AM »
I can't believe that Goodrum tries to hijack a thread with my name! That nincompoop has soiled the good name that 'Vince' has in bodybuilding. Vince Gironda, Vince Taylor, Vince Comerford, and so on. The stooge should stick with his real name, Melvin, and retire that Vince G CSN MFT nonsense.

This is new to me. I always wondered why you called him Melvin.

I will too.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2010, 12:26:24 AM »
Goodrum has soiled many other things too beside his panties.  He soiled the black race, the male gender, people with sub 60 IQ, retarded people. morons, imbecile's, clinically insane among many others.  He HAS soiled the name "Vince" but that is just one of his (self proclaimed) accomplishments.

LMAO!!!!

One thing I like about Melvin is that he brings out some of your best work.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2010, 12:30:46 AM »
The spring resistance for supination was patented long ago. I wanted a more controlled resistance so use smaller plates. 2.5 kg increments. There are always several engineering solutions to any design so it is good that you show some initiative here.

My leg presses have never had to have bearings replaced and some have been around since 1983. I have the original leg press I made and it has the original bearings. Each bearing takes more load than any human can lift. I overengineered this machine heaps because I didn't want anything bending or breaking. The trouble with using linear bearings is the precision required. Titan people in Adelaide needed my help because their standard wasn't high enough. I measured the distance between the shafts of a leg press they installed in Sydney years ago and it was 6 mm difference between the top and bottom. No wonder it had problems. You are working with tolerances of tenths of a millimetre! 4 Thompson Linear bearings for 1 1/2 inch shafts was sufficient.

I've got to hand to you, you old bastard. Pity that most are content with blissful ignorance at so much substandard equipment. You have a goldmine there that most will never see let alone use.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2010, 12:42:10 AM »
No offense to Basile but the only thing that machine is missing is a gumball machine that takes nickels...Look at the colors on that thing...Its almost as its been stolen straight out of a kids circus...
looks like it's been modified several times and just painted in red primer where it's been welded.

didn't he say he was gonna paint it silver?

a machine for supination seems a little uncalled for though i have to say...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2010, 12:55:56 AM »
The spring resistance for supination was patented long ago.

Oh, I see.  ;)

it is good that you show some initiative here.

Thanks Big V.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2010, 01:18:46 AM »
vince basilie a man who knows no modesty
T

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2010, 03:41:55 AM »
Great Thread. 5 guys all trying to outshout each other.    :)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2010, 03:45:18 AM »
Here is another view of our main equipment area. The multi station in the foreground has a lying triceps for the women that most gyms, even Golds Venice, doesn't have even one.

This thread is like a good gym. Lots of clanging and banging of dumbbells together.

io856

« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2010, 03:46:13 AM »
I gave Basile's idea that Melvin has soiled the name "Vince" in bodybuilding some thought... I have come to the conclusion that he is entirely correct.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2010, 03:53:13 AM »
If you notice the standing triceps extension machines have back rests. One is slanted to provide more resistance in the extended position. I got the idea to build these from the original Vince's Gym in Hollywood. No, Vince didn't have one installed in his gym. He did have a round ceiling support nearby and that gave me the idea to build a machine with one on it so that you can lean against it to remove the body swing many use to complete the movement. People cheat more on triceps than training any other muscle that I can think of.

I am currently modifying a Nautilus leg extension machine to have more of an angle so that the user doesn't lift off the seat when using heavy weights. I am converting it from chain drive to cable drive which should be virtually maintenance free compared to those awful chains. I have a lot of work to do to modify it. I actually enjoy making something new. Some of you guys should see if you can invent something and then build it. Very satisfying. Of course, it is much cheaper to actually go out and buy what you want.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2010, 03:56:04 AM »
I gave Basile's idea that Melvin has soiled the name "Vince" in bodybuilding some thought... I have come to the conclusion that he is entirely correct.

I posted just this years ago here and believe it or not, Goodrum actually said he was going to use his real name, Melvin Goodrum, from now on. That didn't last. The guy just can't help himself and gets attention any way he can. That is why he starts up threads about current events or he is first to announce that someone has died. He should go to funerals to pay his respects!

That Goodrum has no shame!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2010, 04:04:24 AM »
We shift machines around if we think it gives us a better layout. Here are some biceps machines plus some others. Only my biceps machine is that bright colour.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2010, 04:05:52 AM »
We shift machines around if we think it gives us a better layout. Here are some biceps machines plus some others. Only my biceps machine is that bright colour.

How many members do you have and is the place packed during peak hours, Vince?

Also, do any bodybuilders train there?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2010, 04:25:56 AM »
Ever since we expanded to the super sized gym we have never been packed. A lesson there for sure.  Just because you have a big gym doesn't mean thousands will show up to use it. There is a lot of competition in the gym industry in recent years. Fitness First, RSL clubs, Fernwood, Curves, Swimming pool gyms and even Branson's Virgin Active clubs are in Sydney. The pie is getting smaller every year. Sometimes I wonder if a smaller club is the way to go. Once you go large it is hard to return to the smaller club. I can't go back to being in the gym every day. I would go nuts with the questions people ask.

I had another gym in Sydney years ago and when I closed it I brought all the gym equipment to our main gym and we needed larger premises.

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2010, 04:35:45 AM »
VINCE B.,

I thought you were just an old man, going senile and talking crap.....wow, I take that back --> your gym is absolutely amazing.....some of that equipment is unreal....super heavy-duty.....you're a very talented person.....well done.....just a super kick-ass gym.......I'm jealous

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2010, 04:44:48 AM »
It is not often that one gets praised on Getbig! I will accept any that I can get. Anyone who has been around can appreciate a good gym when they see one. We have put a lot back into making ours a world class facility. I can tell you that working in a factory is not the most pleasant of occupations but it is satisfying when I build machines that our members enjoy and use.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2010, 04:46:36 AM »
It is not often that one gets praised on Getbig! I will accept any that I can get. Anyone who has been around can appreciate a good gym when they see one. We have put a lot back into making ours a world class facility. I can tell you that working in a factory is not the most pleasant of occupations but it is satisfying when I build machines that our members enjoy and use.
Looks cool old school for sure. Now we have never seen Goodrum's gym have we?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2010, 04:51:03 AM »

Also, do any bodybuilders train there?

Yes, we have several bodybuilders who train at our gym. Sometimes I think we would make more money if we didn't cater to them. Ryan Laos won a Mr World contest last year. Natural, of course. Ryan is 6 feet tall and owns his own business.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2010, 06:14:26 AM »
6 feet tall and owns his own business.

Fantastic line.  Added to online dating profile. 

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2010, 07:16:22 AM »
Looks cool old school for sure. Now we have never seen Goodrum's gym have we?

Goodrum doesn't even go to a gym.  Not one gym in his town allows him to train there.  Call one of them.  He says he trains people at some community center.  he will come on here saying how great a business deal it is to train people at the community center.  But the fact is he is not allowed at any gym where he lives.  Who the fuyck would want someone like that in their gym.  He is worthless and full of shit.  He is actually an albino that is so full of shit he appears dark.
No Worries 4 me

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2010, 07:34:20 AM »
Vince...the machines look great..and your gym looks terrific..probably better than the shit i've been to around my neighborhood...but what advantages does your machines have over free weights..and the machines put out by the usual manufacturers...does it build muscle faster? is it safer? more pleasing to the eyes and clientele? 
footloose and fancy free

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2010, 07:35:27 AM »
Hey, Keith, did you call the gym in Sylva?  The truth is he probably can't afford to pay the dues and the owners wouldn't want personal trainers using his gym to train clients.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2010, 07:41:29 AM »
He is actually an albino that is so full of shit he appears dark.

That is the quote for 2010.
It's only a shame you had to use it so early in the year.
 ;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2010, 07:46:45 AM »
You need machines to do build your body for todays competitions. Imagine not having a calf machine? Or a lat pulldown?

The biceps-supinator machine allows one to put resistance on the twisting movement of the muscle. That is why it is called a Biceps. It has two parts and they join different bones in the forearm. So using dumbbells involves the supination a bit but not much. If you had long handles and you gripped the dumbbell closer to your thumb then the distant part of the dumbbell would act as more resistance re supination.

Another way of doing dumbbell curls is to do them standing. Hold the dumbbells in a vertical position near your thighs. Now slowly curl them up and before reaching the point where the arm is bent 90 degrees make sure the little fingers are higher than the thumbs. That will supinate the biceps and give you double the tension in the muscle. Well, not quite double, but heaps more than just curling them up without attention to supination. If you supinate above the halfway point then little resistance is provided. The best position to supinate is from 45 degrees before the arms are at right angles.

My biceps-supinator has a separate weight stack that you can use to increase the resistance. When you finish doing curls you can still do several reps twisting the handles and really exhausting the biceps. You can't do this with dumbbells very easily.