Author Topic: Vince Basile  (Read 77931 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Vince Basil
« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2010, 07:53:16 AM »
This is my design for a Donkey calf machine. 500 pound weight stack. Lots of adjustments. This is my prototype but it worked well so didn't need much altering to get right. Lots of stainless in the foot assembly. We have 5 separate machines that can be used for calves.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2010, 07:54:00 AM »
You need machines to do build your body for todays competitions. Imagine not having a calf machine? Or a lat pulldown?

The biceps-supinator machine allows one to put resistance on the twisting movement of the muscle. That is why it is called a Biceps. It has two parts and they join different bones in the forearm. So using dumbbells involves the supination a bit but not much. If you had long handles and you gripped the dumbbell closer to your thumb then the distant part of the dumbbell would act as more resistance re supination.

Another way of doing dumbbell curls is to do them standing. Hold the dumbbells in a vertical position near your thighs. Now slowly curl them up and before reaching the point where the arm is bent 90 degrees make sure the little fingers are higher than the thumbs. That will supinate the biceps and give you double the tension in the muscle. Well, not quite double, but heaps more than just curling them up without attention to supination. If you supinate above the halfway point then little resistance is provided. The best position to supinate is from 45 degrees before the arms are at right angles.

My biceps-supinator has a separate weight stack that you can use to increase the resistance. When you finish doing curls you can still do several reps twisting the handles and really exhausting the biceps. You can't do this with dumbbells very easily.

You build these Vince?
D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2010, 08:00:22 AM »
I don't build machines for sale. Haven't done so since 1985 when I built equipment for the Fitness Network. I built them two sets of stainless steel dumbbells going up to 60 pounds and one set up to 125 pounds. The dumbbells rotated and the weights were precise. I lost money on that gym so I stopped building equipment for other people.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2010, 08:03:42 AM »
I don't build machines for sale. Haven't done so since 1985 when I built equipment for the Fitness Network. I built them two sets of stainless steel dumbbells going up to 60 pounds and one set up to 125 pounds. The dumbbells rotated and the weights were precise. I lost money on that gym so I stopped building equipment for other people.

You sir are Mechanically Inclined.  ;)
D

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2010, 08:06:43 AM »
i notice vince dodged the members question

place is quieter than vince's local school when he gets his white van out
T

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2010, 08:12:29 AM »
Is that supposed to be funny? Only a dickhead would post something offensive like that in a thread where I am posting photos of my gym.

I am amazed at how people stoop to put others down. Like suggesting I am gay. Nope, I like women way too much and am divorced because of it.

Why Ron tolerates people posting that shit about white vans only he knows. I would ban people posting that rubbish completely off any forum I was responsible for.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2010, 08:14:13 AM »
Is that supposed to be funny? Only a dickhead would post something offensive like that in a thread where I am posting photos of my gym.

I am amazed at how people stoop to put others down. Like suggesting I am gay. Nope, I like women way too much and am divorced because of it.

Why Ron tolerates people posting that shit about white vans only he knows. I would ban people posting that rubbish completely off any forum I was responsible for.

Focus on the good shit like your bym bro.

I like going to Australia for Shark Diving and Great Surfing but i may check out your Gym.  ;)
D

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2010, 08:15:54 AM »
i'm having a hard time picturing how the donkey calf machine works...
footloose and fancy free

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2010, 08:17:39 AM »
i'm having a hard time picturing how the donkey calf machine works...

Kinda why i wanna visit his gym next time i go to Australia... 8)

His Gym is better then the Gold's that i go to.  :o
D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2010, 08:19:19 AM »
Fair dinkum people are always welcome at our gym. I don't meet the dickheads because they are civil to me. I am proud of the equipment I have built and encourage others to come and try them out. When you think about it, not many bodybuilders actually design and build their own gym equipment. I give credit to any innovation that makes training more effective. Most of the engineers and designers who make gym equipment are not bodybuilders.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: March 01, 2010, 08:21:43 AM »
I'm not ripping on your equipment...i just can't visualize the way it works...i'm used to the normal shit you see in gyms nowadays...
footloose and fancy free

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #136 on: March 01, 2010, 08:26:24 AM »
The seated calf machines that slide at 45 degrees such as Cybex use linear bearings and case hardened shafts which are expensive. Also, the movement in linear and that isn't exactly what the ankles do during heel raises.

You sit on the seat and put your legs straight against the foot pads and do heel raises. The movement goes in a slight arc so you go up a bit as well as backwards. Exactly like you would doing it standing up. You can adjust the angle of the back rest to suit. The movement resembles having someone sit on your back while you bend over in the donkey position. This position puts stretches the calves and puts a lot of tension on the muscle which helps growth.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #137 on: March 01, 2010, 08:42:37 AM »
got it...looks a lot more comfortable than the traditional donkey raise..or having some jabroni sitting on your back.
footloose and fancy free

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: March 01, 2010, 08:45:32 AM »
those dumbbells vince talked about are still in use 26 years later at a gold's gym in sydney's center.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #139 on: March 01, 2010, 08:47:56 AM »
Looks like I will have to correct a few things posted by Melvin Goodrum. The Op spelled my name wrong. It is Basile with an e.

I still co-own my gym with my ex, Roz, who manages the gym with the help of our children.

I bought the original West Ryde Barbell Club with a $1000 loan from Avco Finance in 1971. They made me put my Mr Canada trophy up as a guarantee! The original gym was 3,500 square feet and today the club is over 20,000 square feet. We had a 30,000 square foot club from 1992 until 2002.  I started designing and building gym equipment in 1975 then opened a factory in 1981 to manufacture equipment for other gyms. I rented for several years then bought my own factory to store my engineering machines and spare gym equipment. I still modify machines and do repairs. I haven't built equipment for other gyms since 1985. It wasn't worth my time as I take too long making the equipment and keep improving the designs as I go. Not a formula for success. Also, gym owners would argue about the invoice and make up their own!

We consider that we have a world class gym. We have some equipment that is no where else on this earth such as my biceps-supinator machine. You guys lift weights and go to gyms. Sit down and actually design something that is original and that works. It is a challenge. Then build it so it is smooth, looks okay and that the bodybuilders can't break. Oh, yes, make it so it accommodates tall and short people.

JME bags me but doesn't have a gym. Then he announces he will cater to athletes. Well, that is probably a good business decision but he hasn't got a real gym that bodybuilders will appreciate.

Here is a photo of our main equipment room.

Vince, I want to make one thing clear. I started this thread because of you comparing yourself to Vince Gironda, not because of your gym. Your gym is awesome and like someone else on here said, better than most Golds gyms.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #140 on: March 01, 2010, 08:58:39 AM »
340k a year means he's making 931 dollars a day and this is a 7 day week.  On personal training......BULLSHIT!!!

See Vince, this where I do it right and you have no clue. I already told you Vince, I posted most of my business plan at the beginning of the year, you should have been paying attention. For the people who said I was full of shit, I'm quite sure those are the same people who are thinking of the typical "personal trainer" who charges by the session. Try and figure it out from there. Again, you need to think outside the box.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #141 on: March 01, 2010, 09:15:42 AM »
Hey, Keith, did you call the gym in Sylva?  The truth is he probably can't afford to pay the dues and the owners wouldn't want personal trainers using his gym to train clients.

I remember a couple years back or so I called a gym there and talked a couple minutes to someone.  All he did was laugh when I mentioned the name Goodrum and said he couldn't say anything about the members.  On his website his puts that he trains out of some community center.  I can only imagine that no gym would want him anywhere near their business. 
No Worries 4 me

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2010, 10:06:13 AM »
I see Vince G ceased to get anymore involved in this conversation. Mmmm!

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2010, 10:11:24 AM »

He does not belong in threads that concern issues he has NO idea about.  He posts shit in threads pretending he has knowledge about and in reality he has none.  He gets outed everytime and he leaves. 
No Worries 4 me

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2010, 11:52:22 AM »
Goodrum doesn't even go to a gym.  Not one gym in his town allows him to train there.  Call one of them.  He says he trains people at some community center.  he will come on here saying how great a business deal it is to train people at the community center.  But the fact is he is not allowed at any gym where he lives.  Who the fuyck would want someone like that in their gym.  He is worthless and full of shit.  He is actually an albino that is so full of shit he appears dark.
Sounds as if he maybe trying to fool people on here or delusional.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2010, 12:29:30 PM »
Seriously tho, how come Vince cannot train out of a gym? I do know he does do some in home training but why isn't he allowed in a gym?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2010, 12:55:09 PM »

I do have a business to run.  Besides I could care less to listen to Keith's 600lb jolly ass ramblings he make or Basile giving everyone a tour of his gym.  Keith can't come to any gym not because he's banned but because his ass can't fit through any gym's doors.  

First off, I can charge more for in home training than I can with a gym without having to deal with paying their cut.  Even when I do train at the gym, I still use mostly my own training equipment I bring because that person has most likely already made the rounds on all of that equipment.  

Again, Coach, I call bullshit on your 340k a year business solely on training.  More likely the combination income of your entire team and partners but most certainly not by yourself so stop trying to take credit where credit ISN'T DUE.

Also, based on your online store...its obvious that you don't know anything about sports nutrition whatsoever with all of those expensive protein based supplements you carry.  Nowhere do I see any items that an athlete might actually need such as....hmmm...maybe an electrolyte recovery drink or a high glycemic carbohydrate product.  Sports athletes don't need mounds and mounds of protein and your pimping of CMP products only encourages that bullshit.  

But one thing I'm glad about is that you're training Tito because I'm hoping for him to get his ass kicked after running his mouth off at Mark Coleman.  And with your pitiful excuse for a training routine, that will happen more quickly and that punk bitch will get what's coming to him.  After all, he's lost the last 4 fights and he's gotten his ass whooped on multiple occasions by Chuck Lidell.  

Tito Ortiz should rename himself the Huntington Bitch Butt Boy because he's destined to get anally f@$ked in the ring so be sure to bring a rape kit and box of tissues for his punk ass.  Tell him that while he's pushing your Ford Explorer around.  

Now I got better things to do than waste time with a silly bird like you Joe.  Get the needle out of your ass as well as your head.  

A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2010, 02:09:16 PM »
I do have a business to run.  Besides I could care less to listen to Keith's 600lb jolly ass ramblings he make or Basile giving everyone a tour of his gym.  Keith can't come to any gym not because he's banned but because his ass can't fit through any gym's doors.  

First off, I can charge more for in home training than I can with a gym without having to deal with paying their cut.  Even when I do train at the gym, I still use mostly my own training equipment I bring because that person has most likely already made the rounds on all of that equipment.  

Again, Coach, I call bullshit on your 340k a year business solely on training.  More likely the combination income of your entire team and partners but most certainly not by yourself so stop trying to take credit where credit ISN'T DUE.

Also, based on your online store...its obvious that you don't know anything about sports nutrition whatsoever with all of those expensive protein based supplements you carry.  Nowhere do I see any items that an athlete might actually need such as....hmmm...maybe an electrolyte recovery drink or a high glycemic carbohydrate product.  Sports athletes don't need mounds and mounds of protein and your pimping of CMP products only encourages that bullshit.  

But one thing I'm glad about is that you're training Tito because I'm hoping for him to get his ass kicked after running his mouth off at Mark Coleman.  And with your pitiful excuse for a training routine, that will happen more quickly and that punk bitch will get what's coming to him.  After all, he's lost the last 4 fights and he's gotten his ass whooped on multiple occasions by Chuck Lidell.  

Tito Ortiz should rename himself the Huntington Bitch Butt Boy because he's destined to get anally f@$ked in the ring so be sure to bring a rape kit and box of tissues for his punk ass.  Tell him that while he's pushing your Ford Explorer around.  

Now I got better things to do than waste time with a silly bird like you Joe.  Get the needle out of your ass as well as your head.  

1. I was asking why YOU are not allowed to train anyone in any gym in your area.

2. I know how in home training works.

3. If you were smart enough to know, figure out or understand how my business makes what it makes solely on training (not including boot camps, strong man camps or speed camps) you might not be racking your brain as much as you are trying to figure it out. I'm not great a business but I know what works.

4. I have trainers who do work for me along with a message therapist and a Chiro (that's additional income)

5. I don't train Tito Ortiz knucklehead, I don't like him, we don't get along....PERIOD!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #148 on: March 01, 2010, 02:43:42 PM »
1. I was asking why YOU are not allowed to train anyone in any gym in your area.

2. I know how in home training works.

3. If you were smart enough to know, figure out or understand how my business makes what it makes solely on training (not including boot camps, strong man camps or speed camps) you might not be racking your brain as much as you are trying to figure it out. I'm not great a business but I know what works.

4. I have trainers who do work for me along with a message therapist and a Chiro (that's additional income)

5. I don't train Tito Ortiz knucklehead, I don't like him, we don't get along....PERIOD!

If you don't train Tito, why are you pimping him on your videos????

And the question I ASKED is how much do you make SOLELY???  340k is way too high for one person so I already knew you are referring to the combined efforts of your team, jackass....

And of course can train in any gym in North Carolina.  Only a simpleton like you would believe a fat blob like Keith
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #149 on: March 01, 2010, 03:42:35 PM »
You're asking what my personal draw is? I'm not going to tell you my exact draw but let's just say it's six figures.