Author Topic: Vince Basile  (Read 77902 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Vince Basile
« Reply #350 on: March 03, 2010, 02:09:31 PM »
I gotta tell you, as much as Basile likes to talk (and he can talk) about himself or his gym or his past or about BB and streoids and whatever else.  I all basically refers to BB.  No matter what anyone says about him, he competed, he won shows, he has been in the industry since most of the people on here have been alive, he has met just about everyone people talk about on here and he has a gym that has survived over 50 years.  One thing I have found out about getting old and that is you do talk about your past alot.  The reason is simple, it is something to talk about.  Some of us have more to say than others and some of us have more interesting things to say than others.  But, I bet you anything that not one person who complains about Basile, me or anyone else who talks about the past is over 40 years old.  You guys don't have a past yet.  Hell, I never talked about my past either before I hit 40.  I lived a pretty damm good life till I hit 40.  My past was making me money and keeping my name out there till I was 40.  Now the past 10 years I haven't done anything worthwhile except gain weight and get weaker.  Why the fuck would I want to talk about the past ten years.  And no matter what the youngsters say on here when you get older you are going to talk about your past cause it is when it was the best.  My past still to this day gets me things and supports me.  Not as much as when I was actually living it but it does help me alot.

Basile and me and other go after Goodrum cause he is a fucking moron who constantly posts worthless shit thinking he knows it all.  he has done nothing in his life.  he is telling Basile how to run a gymn and evertything associated with gym when in fact he doesn't even go to a gym, owned a gym or had anything to do with a gym.  Basile has been in business longer than most people on here have been alive.  He is still in business and makes his own eqquipment that looks great.  How in the fuck does someone like Goodrum tell Basile how to run a gym, or someone like Coach how to train people, or REAL competitors how to compete.  he is a joke and a menace and whenever you can take a shot at him the better.

Anyway, that is my "old talk". 

Both of you go after me because I'm in your head and you two know I'm right.  Keith, you are fat and lazy and have made every excuse in the world as to why you don't get in shape.  You blamed being overweight on a spider bite that you got 10 years ago....  Instead of spending you time on the internet, hop on a treadmill and lose some weight. 

Too easy....
A

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #351 on: March 03, 2010, 02:12:05 PM »
I gotta tell you, as much as Basile likes to talk (and he can talk) about himself or his gym or his past or about BB and streoids and whatever else.  I all basically refers to BB.  No matter what anyone says about him, he competed, he won shows, he has been in the industry since most of the people on here have been alive, he has met just about everyone people talk about on here and he has a gym that has survived over 50 years.  One thing I have found out about getting old and that is you do talk about your past alot.  The reason is simple, it is something to talk about.  Some of us have more to say than others and some of us have more interesting things to say than others.  But, I bet you anything that not one person who complains about Basile, me or anyone else who talks about the past is over 40 years old.  You guys don't have a past yet.  Hell, I never talked about my past either before I hit 40.  I lived a pretty damm good life till I hit 40.  My past was making me money and keeping my name out there till I was 40.  Now the past 10 years I haven't done anything worthwhile except gain weight and get weaker.  Why the fuck would I want to talk about the past ten years.  And no matter what the youngsters say on here when you get older you are going to talk about your past cause it is when it was the best.  My past still to this day gets me things and supports me.  Not as much as when I was actually living it but it does help me alot. that is my "old talk". 

^^Good.

CHOPPER1234

• Getbig II
« Reply #352 on: March 03, 2010, 02:14:48 PM »
Vince seems to be a guy with his finger on the pulse of BB why doesn't he promote a pro show?

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #353 on: March 03, 2010, 02:25:17 PM »

Both of you go after me because I'm in your head and you two know I'm right.  Keith, you are fat and lazy and have made every excuse in the world as to why you don't get in shape.  You blamed being overweight on a spider bite that you got 10 years ago....  Instead of spending you time on the internet, hop on a treadmill and lose some weight. 

Too easy....

You are in my head Goodrum.  Some people call them restrooms, bathroom, toilet, outhouse, crapper, shitter, latrine, but if you call it a head that is okay too.  But, yes you are in my head.  Here you are saying bye to me in the morning.  I admit, I think about you about 2 or 3 times a day depending on what I have to eat.  Sometimes you are solid but most of the time you are a soft pile just steaming as you get flushed down. 

By the way what excuse do you have for not getting into shape, going to a gym, start lifting weights, kill yourself.
No Worries 4 me

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #354 on: March 03, 2010, 02:47:19 PM »
I didn't start this thread. Coach did and he was bagging me because of things I posted over at Ironage. He didn't reply there because that forum is moderated much closer than Getbig. I didn't respond for some time. Not until Melvin Goodrum joined in saying his usual crap and sounding like he is an expert. How refreshing to hear from a true expert. Keith has summed up Goodrum 100% in the last couple of pages. That is the way things are. I don't care to boast about myself or my gym but I do take pride in my gym equipment. When others bag me I am entitled to defend myself. Do you think I want to post photos of my gym here? No. I do so only to support my claim that my gym is heaps better than most socalled bodybuilding gyms from the past.

Listen to Goodrum go on and on about how I didn't win anything important. Well, Melvin, I hate to tell you but the Mr Canada is a top contest. Lots of guys want to win it and don't kid yourself that it is an easy thing to do. So don't compare what you have done in competing in some novice division in some hillbilly contest. Sure, if you won the open division your standard would be impressive. You came last each time you competed. That was still your place when you placed 2nd out of two guys in that division.

I am not going to call you a loser because I don't like to discourage anyone from competing in bodybuilding. First, try to build up some size. When your arms are large and the rest of you impressive then you can get cut up and enter contests. You haven't paid your dues and you underestimate how difficult it is to win even a local novice contest. You are a dreamer and imagine that next time you will win. There is no way you are going to develop any muscular size training at home on some pathetic pilates machine. You have to pay your dues at the local gym and actually cause some hypertrophy in your muscles.

The Goodrum cycle of boasting then posting with hardly much development is what makes you a laughing stock around the internet forums. If you were honest with everyone and didn't post as a world authority you wouldn't be bagged by all and sundry. I am glad you are here because you make this place funny as hell. Always showing up and crapping on about how imporant you are and what you are going to achieve.

American Muscle

• Getbig II
  • POW in the WOD
« Reply #355 on: March 03, 2010, 02:58:30 PM »
I gotta tell you, as much as Basile likes to talk (and he can talk)...

When you were being viciously attacked here every single day, by nearly every poster on the board, Basille was one of the few people that backed you up.  Whenever Basille was attacked, however, you didn't do the same for him. As a matter of fact, you used to pile on. 

Just saying...
Fight the Enemy

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #356 on: March 03, 2010, 03:04:21 PM »
It is good to see that some post to defend Melvin Goodrum. Danielson is another guy who hasn't paid his dues so I guess he identifies with hapless Goodrum and feels sorry that Keith and I bag him almost every week. I don't pick on the little guys at my gym. I joke with the big guys and have fun in the gym. Actually, training by lifting weights has never been fun for anyone. Guys like Danielson and Goodrum who don't train much aren't bodybuilders because that isn't their main focus. Goodrum enters contests but wtf does he think he is doing by not training hard in the first place? Sure, the last competition Goodrum finally showed up with some definition which was an improvement. However, he lost so much size in the process that he still placed last. Has the penny fallen yet? Does he comprehend that just maybe bodybuilding is a difficult pastime and few ever win titles? Nope, this nincompoop boasts how he will soon be a professional bodybuilder. That is so funny to those of us who have been around the Irongame. Goodrum is a gift to all forums because he is so delusional that he is unaware of his standing and believes success in everything he does is just around the corner. You can go back a couple of years and read the same thing. Goodrum never achieves much. Well, I forgot he did earn a PhD in metaphysics last year which was amazing because he got one over a weekend! What a dreamer. What a buffoon.

io856

« Reply #357 on: March 03, 2010, 03:09:23 PM »
Well, I forgot he did earn a PhD in metaphysics last year which was amazing because he got one over a weekend! What a dreamer. What a buffoon.
Dear lord... he boasted on getbig about a phd he got over one weekend...  :D

Does he have any shame? evidently not... showing up onstage with scrotum showing

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #358 on: March 03, 2010, 03:10:56 PM »
When you were being viciously attacked here every single day, by nearly every poster on the board, Basille was one of the few people that backed you up.  Whenever Basille was attacked, however, you didn't do the same for him. As a matter of fact, you used to pile on. 

Just saying...

Where have I piled on Basile.  I like the guy.  he calls me in the middle of the night on numerous occassions and I talk to him.  Do I come to his defense when he is in debate with guys lioke Goodrum.  NO.  Why should I?  He doesn't need help.  Either do I.  It is on record what I have done.  It is on record what he has done.  We dpon't hide like the big mouths on here who say anything they want yet hide behind fake names and no photos.  Goodrum doesn't hide because he is too stupid to realize everyone is making fun of him.  he has an excuse.  And me being attacked is funny cause the people who attack me are the ones that grew up and are still the same people who are usually ignored by others and havew absolutely nothing going for them.  Do you honestly think anything people like Goodrum and a few others really do anything to me.  I laugh out loud almost everytime I read shit they post.  
No Worries 4 me

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #359 on: March 03, 2010, 03:12:34 PM »
I think Keith goes overboard bagging Goodrum but Melvin keeps attacking Keith and trying to make fun of a medical condition that has ruined Keith's life.

I give Goodrum credit for surviving on Getbig. That is quite a feat. The guy is gay and was exposed by Keith and it makes no difference to the Goodrum persona. Most people so exposed would have disappeared from this forum. So good for Melvin to keep posting no matter what.

Melvin deserves his Blue stars and so do I. Ron isn't being fair because he awarded Billy Guns blue stars but not Melvin Goodrum.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #360 on: March 03, 2010, 03:16:58 PM »
Hey, Keith, sometimes I think to myself: where is Keith when Goodrum is bagging me. You eventually show up so don't disappoint anyone. Every single person, even non bodybuilders, that I introduce to Melvin Goodrum by showing them his photos ends up laughing their asses off.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #361 on: March 03, 2010, 03:23:18 PM »
Hey, Keith, sometimes I think to myself: where is Keith when Goodrum is bagging me. You eventually show up so don't disappoint anyone. Every single person, even non bodybuilders, that I introduce to Melvin Goodrum by showing them his photos ends up laughing their asses off.
Goodrum looks like he is pain right there.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #362 on: March 03, 2010, 03:23:29 PM »
Hapless Goodrum did show up in undersized posing briefs for a contest. We didn't know he was gay then so maybe he was trying to attract some blokes! I mean, what normal human being would go out on stage and pose with part of your testicles exposed? Only our internet legend, Vince G CSN MFT!

CHOPPER1234

• Getbig II
« Reply #363 on: March 03, 2010, 03:31:40 PM »
Vince B when are you going to promote a pro show and make yaself some bucks??

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #364 on: March 03, 2010, 03:37:15 PM »
Paul Graham is affiliated with the IFBB and so is the only one who can promote professional bodybuilding in Sydney. I wouldn't dream of promoting such a show. A few of us did run good shows back in 81-82 but eventually abandoned that as not being worth the effort. The muscleheads were still loyal to Paul no matter what the IFBB did.

There is no way anyone can make money on a pro show in Australia. Good luck to the Aussie pro show in Melbourne. You would have to spend a lot of money and risk losing heaps to even think about being a promoter.

Here is a photo I took last year. I would rather take photos that promote contests!

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #365 on: March 03, 2010, 03:39:23 PM »
The problem is Goodrum is he believes the bullshit he says.  he believes is a great bodybuilder, personal trainer, businessman, gay lover, know-it-all.  Buit in reality he has nothing to back up anything he says or does.  He preaches to people who have done that and been there, yet he has done neither.  He constantly is telling people how to do things he has no idea about.  For some odd reason he is in a permanent state of delusion.  It is borderline certifiable.  He tries to get things by cutting corners and going through the hard work to acheive success.  He bodybuilds yet he does not lift weights.  He does some other fucking shit that does nothing and his results and placings prove that.  Yet he will come on here and tell you how to weight train.  He will comew on here and argue with successful personal trainers and tell them they are not doing it right yet he does not personal train people. I don't make fun of anyone except Goodrum and a few others that I decide to retaliate against just because bagging on Goodrum is getting boring.  It is hard to bag on someone who just doesn't get it.  It is like trying to talk to a guy with autism and is 100% retarded.  You just can't talk to them.  

Most of the guys on here are okay.  Just a select few that it is so obvious they are on here to ruffle feathers.  The internet lets them do that.  Big deal. Goodrum though is a little dangerous because he could maybe get ahold of someone who is stupid and ignorant to anything to do with the health and fitness industry and he can hurt them or worse.  But on here and other forums just about everybody knows he is a joke and just somebody who is a perfect target to spit on or make fun of.  And Basile is right or whoever said something about showing his photo to anyone.  I have emailed and showed his photos to many people and it really is funny when you see what they do or say.  Really, do it at work tomorrow.  Bring his photo up on your computer at work and show your co-workers his photo and tell them what he says.  They will bust out laughing so hard.  You will be the hit of your office.
No Worries 4 me

CHOPPER1234

• Getbig II
« Reply #366 on: March 03, 2010, 03:39:50 PM »
Isn't paul graham dead?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #367 on: March 03, 2010, 03:44:09 PM »
Paul is still around as far as I know. He would be in his early seventies now. He has been financially successful in business and owns a nice home. He is still promoting contests and has a gym at Coogee Beach.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #368 on: March 03, 2010, 03:44:48 PM »
Paul Graham is affiliated with the IFBB and so is the only one who can promote professional bodybuilding in Sydney. I wouldn't dream of promoting such a show. A few of us did run good shows back in 81-82 but eventually abandoned that as not being worth the effort. The muscleheads were still loyal to Paul no matter what the IFBB did.

There is no way anyone can make money on a pro show in Australia. Good luck to the Aussie pro show in Melbourne. You would have to spend a lot of money and risk losing heaps to even think about being a promoter.

Here is a photo I took last year. I would rather take photos that promote contests!

Wrong again Vince. Paul runs the amateurs and is Vice Pres of IFBB. I run the pro shows in Australia and will probably bring my show to Sydney before too long.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #369 on: March 03, 2010, 03:45:18 PM »
I was thinking the same thing chopper was. I thought he died a while ago??

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #370 on: March 03, 2010, 03:45:56 PM »
Paul is still around as far as I know. He would be in his early seventies now. He has been financially successful in business and owns a nice home. He is still promoting contests and has a gym at Coogee Beach.

He recently sold his Coogee Gym but is keeping very well.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #371 on: March 03, 2010, 03:46:17 PM »
Wrong again Vince. Paul runs the amateurs and is Vice Pres of IFBB. I run the pro shows in Australia and will probably bring my show to Sydney before too long.

At least he's consistant, Tony......always wrong and outdated

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #372 on: March 03, 2010, 03:48:03 PM »
So who is the promoter this year Vince?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #373 on: March 03, 2010, 03:51:37 PM »
can't anyone run a pro show if they pay the sanction fee?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #374 on: March 03, 2010, 03:56:32 PM »
I don't attend most shows put on by Paul. In the old days all the gym owners used to go to contests and it was a good way to say hello. Paul has been a bit divisive so we tend to stay away. Well, I don't go any more. Paul doesn't like dealing with the public and he has sold most of his gyms. That is smart. Make money when you can.

Thanks, Tony, for the update. Nice to see that Chick is still posting on Getbig. I guess he doesn't have much to say nowadays.

Good luck on having successful pro shows here in Sydney. There is a market for sure but somehow you have to time the show to make sure all the top guys compete otherwise the locals won't pay good money to see such a show.

Photo taken in Tony's gym in Melbourne.