Author Topic: Obama ready to pass health reform 'without' GOP support  (Read 2867 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Obama ready to pass health reform 'without' GOP support
« on: February 28, 2010, 12:24:20 AM »
Translation: "It's reconcilliation time, beyotches."

US President Barack Obama on Saturday called on Democrats and Republicans to overcome their differences on health care reform and act on his proposal without delay.

"It is time for us to come together," Obama said in his weekly radio address. "It is time for us to act. It is time for those of us in Washington to live up to our responsibilities to the American people and to future generations."

On Thursday, Obama held a high-stakes health care summit with top Republicans, but failed to break an impasse over his historic reform drive, prompting him to warn he would press on with or without Republican help.

Civility largely prevailed at the grueling day-long meeting, after Obama warned against "political theater", but there was no breakthrough on sharp ideological disputes threatening to suffocate his ambitious presidency.

Obama's plan to provide health insurance to millions of uninsured Americans stalled in Congress early this year, after Democrats lost a Senate seat to Republicans as a result of a special election in Massachusetts to replace the late senator Edward Kennedy.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Obama ready to pass health reform 'without' GOP support
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 08:43:06 AM »
Translation: "It's reconcilliation time, beyotches."

US President Barack Obama on Saturday called on Democrats and Republicans to overcome their differences on health care reform and act on his proposal without delay.

"It is time for us to come together," Obama said in his weekly radio address. "It is time for us to act. It is time for those of us in Washington to live up to our responsibilities to the American people and to future generations."

On Thursday, Obama held a high-stakes health care summit with top Republicans, but failed to break an impasse over his historic reform drive, prompting him to warn he would press on with or without Republican help.

Civility largely prevailed at the grueling day-long meeting, after Obama warned against "political theater", but there was no breakthrough on sharp ideological disputes threatening to suffocate his ambitious presidency.

Obama's plan to provide health insurance to millions of uninsured Americans stalled in Congress early this year, after Democrats lost a Senate seat to Republicans as a result of a special election in Massachusetts to replace the late senator Edward Kennedy.

And, it don't mean a thing, if the votes in the House aren't there to pass it.

How many Democrats are willing to march to their political death, for the sake of Obamacare? Remember that Pelosi barely...and I mean BARELY PASSED the last bill. Since then, the lone Republican (Joseph Cao, Louisiana) that went along for the ride has changed course. Add a retirement and a death and Pelosi is short.

Not to mention other Democrats that have made it clear that they WILL NOT sign a Senate bill that looks anything remotely like the one Reid rammed through the Senate on Christmas Eve.

Lost in all of this is that the bulk of American people have stated, TIME AND TIME AGAIN, that they DO NOT WANT this bill. Nearly 3 in 4 say to either start from scratch or ditch the thing altogether. If the Democrats are stupid enough to ignore the people on this one, then they'd better prepare for a woodshed whipping this fall.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 08:58:32 AM »
More.....

Pelosi's job to pass health care gets tougher every day

With each passing day it gets more difficult for the Democrats to pass health care. Literally.

Today, Rep. Neil Abercrombie's retirement takes effect as the veteran Democrat devotes his full time to running for governor of Hawaii. Abercrombie voted for the House bill, so that's one more 'yes' vote that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi won't have if she hopes to pass health care using reconciliation.

Neil Abercrombie says aloha to Congress today to run for governor of Hawaii, making it harder for Democrats to pass a final health care in House. Abercrombie, a Democrat, voted for the House health care bill, which passed 220-215 in November.
CAPTIONBy SUSAN WALSH, AP

Pelosi has lost three 'yes' votes since Nov. 7. The others: Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa., who died Feb. 8, and Rep. Robert Wexler, D-Fla., who resigned Jan. 3 to become the head of the nonprofit Center for Middle East Peace and Economic Cooperation.

The House vote last time was 220-215, so Pelosi will need to convince some of the 39 Democrats who voted against the House bill to vote for the Senate bill -- which is the first step of a two-step reconciliation process. That won't be easy.

The Senate version includes abortion language and back-room deals, like the infamous Cornhusker Kickback, that moderates find objectionable. Sure, Obama said the extra Medicaid money for Nebraska won't be included in the final bill -- but House members will have to vote for a bill containing the objectionable provisions before they can vote for a bill without them. That could cost Pelosi more votes. Reps. Joseph Cao, R-La., and Bart Stupak, D-Mich., both of whom voted for the House health care bill, have suggested they won't vote for the Senate bill because of the abortion language.

There will be special elections in Pennsylvania and Hawaii in May to replace Murtha and Abercrombie. The general election for Wexler's seat will be in April.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2010/02/pelosis-job-to-pass-health-care-gets-tougher-every-day/1

Let's see 220 minus 4 equals 216. That's assuming that MORE Democrats (fearing for their political lives) don't jump ship.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 06:36:50 AM »
Good,it will mean 50 years of dems out of power.Back to the hood Hussein.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 06:39:23 AM »
"Good,it will mean 50 years of dems out of power"

nah, pendulum takes about 6 years to swing dude, you know that.

In the 2018 elections, people will be tired of Thune's wars with Iran and Venez (or whoever) and will be ready for a star-eyed lib to lead us to the land of peace. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 07:33:50 AM »
"Good,it will mean 50 years of dems out of power"

nah, pendulum takes about 6 years to swing dude, you know that.

In the 2018 elections, people will be tired of Thune's wars with Iran and Venez (or whoever) and will be ready for a star-eyed lib to lead us to the land of peace. 

Please show me another piece of legislation that the country despises that has ever been passed by reconcilliation.By the way,the pendulum swings right for 8-12 years,then goes left for 4 years.Thune wont be the president,Ryan will.Ryan is the guy that has DESTROYED Obama in every encounter with him.Obama pisses in his pants at the sight of him.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 08:00:05 AM »
Democratas Hypocrisy on "reconciliation".

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 11:17:07 AM »
This is political Jihad. Pelosi wants Democrats to electorally KILL THEMSELVES for the sake of ObamaCare. Of course, that’s easy for her to say, as she’s from a far-left district and her hide isn’t on the line.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 11:24:01 AM »
"By the way,the pendulum swings right for 8-12 years,then goes left for 4 years."

Why did clinton win in 96?

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 11:26:07 AM »
Reconciliation isn't going to happen, even the Dems are saying so. You see those pesky rules in the reconciliation bill are going to torpedo it.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 11:27:22 AM »
clinton won in 96 because g.b. sr  said to the public(  read my lips , your taxes will not go up)  then he went on ahead and raised them.  Clinton won because gb sr bold faced lied,  kinda like bammer does

James

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 11:41:34 AM »

Ross Perot

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 12:07:39 PM »
"By the way,the pendulum swings right for 8-12 years,then goes left for 4 years."

Hmmm,tell me,was the house and the senate under liberal control or republican control?Who dominated the agenda?Please,another silly point.He ran against Bob Dole,why put in a guy that is exactly the same as the other guy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 03:09:33 PM »

Dole & Perot. 

I am so hoping ZERO tries this.  It is going to be pure enjoyment to see the communists get backlash like they never ever could imagine.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 04:16:22 PM »
Dole & Perot. 

And do you see some shining star emerging from the GOP for 2012 yet?  I dont.  Not yet.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 04:19:17 PM »
"clinton won in 96 because g.b. sr  said to the public(  read my lips , your taxes will not go up)  then he went on ahead and raised them.  Clinton won because gb sr bold faced lied,  kinda like bammer does"

Clinton won in 92 because people were sick of Bush/Reagan.
Clinton won in 96 because they weren't quite sick enough of a dem prez yet.

Gore *almost* won in 2000 and Kerry *almost* won in 2004... so it's not like the nation rejects these lib turds.   The last FIVE elections have been 3 dem landslides and 2 photo finishes with a little bit of luck going to the GOP for the wins... if they had recounted the Ohio ballots, kerry would have won (Bush sued to prevent).  Counting your 2012 chickens now is a bad move :(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 07:05:50 PM »
Dole & Perot. 

And do you see some shining star emerging from the GOP for 2012 yet?  I dont.  Not yet.

I dont want a star, I want a sober, lucid, common sense person with a track record to actually judge, not a media creation dressed up in slogans and cath phrases.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 07:10:00 PM »
"I dont want a star, I want a sober, lucid, common sense person with a track record to actually judge, not a media creation dressed up in slogans and cath phrases. "

i agree with you.  But I'm saying in this day and age, stars win. 

Hell, I remember others here celebrating saying Fred Thompson was guaranteed the win due to his excellent "leadership" skills... WTF... he's a lobbyist and TV actor who was a star.  Was very poor on simple issues, was not exciting in speeches, was terrible with people... but boy he was a star for 5 minutes.

And of course, Palin.  many here defended her has ready to lead the free world.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 07:13:38 PM »
"I dont want a star, I want a sober, lucid, common sense person with a track record to actually judge, not a media creation dressed up in slogans and cath phrases. "

i agree with you.  But I'm saying in this day and age, stars win. 

Hell, I remember others here celebrating saying Fred Thompson was guaranteed the win due to his excellent "leadership" skills... WTF... he's a lobbyist and TV actor who was a star.  Was very poor on simple issues, was not exciting in speeches, was terrible with people... but boy he was a star for 5 minutes.

And of course, Palin.  many here defended her has ready to lead the free world.

Look, I like Palin, you know that, but she is pissing me the hell off lately too. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 07:31:36 PM »
what has she done lately?  I haven't watched news much in last 2 weeks, since the hand/notes thing

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 07:34:10 PM »
what has she done lately?  I haven't watched news much in last 2 weeks, since the hand/notes thing

Backing McCain, not being strident on spending and giving signals she is sort of rino-ish. 

I want someone who is going to be like Harry Browne.  To me, that guy really knew the deal 1000%.  RIP Harry!