Author Topic: When is it ok to come back to the gym later the same day and finish the workout  (Read 1243 times)

ronbrgundy

• Getbig II
  • You stay classy
On back day I am typically doing sets of 4 with

Deadlifts
T bar rows
Bent over barbell rows
some other miscellaneous exercise / sometimes i do more dumbbells work

My split looks like this
Legs / Shoulders
Chest / Tris
Back / Bis
OFF
<repeat>

By the time I do the back shit I am pretty lit up.  Is it ok to sometimes do the biceps at another point in the day or is this just laziness?  What other situations would warrant coming back to finish?  I have seen people do legs in two sessions for example. 

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I would just do one biceps excercise after your back workout and call it a day personally.  No need to get too crazy with them IMO unless they are lagging behind your torso. 

wild willie

• Getbig V
personally, I would suggest a split such as this: back/calves day 1    chest/hamstrings day 2    rest  day 3  

quads  day 4   arms  day 5   shoulders  day 6   rest  day 7 ........ then start back at day 1.......always perform arms together......doing bis after back is a waste

as is exercising tris after  chest or shoulders.......hit the bis and tris together when they are fresh.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
nothing wrong with two-a-day workouts. just make sure you take time off when you need it, and stay away from failure if your doing mutiple working sets.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Lately I been going to the twice a day too.
1 hour cardio in morning
30 -45 mins lifting after work
A

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Just my mindset but why would a lifter spend more time on cardio that actual serious productive BB'ing and lifting workouts? Unless he was a Tri event, marathon runner or such. Smart diet and interval short burst training should handle most fat problems.

Lots of top men have done twice a day (and a few Olympic lifters, 3 and sometimes more) with success. Depends how involved and intense each individual workout is.

Might have a set of BB's or DB's at home to accomplish some good arm work, rather than going back to a regular gym. Unless your really lonely. Good Luck.
F

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Just my mindset but why would a lifter spend more time on cardio that actual serious productive BB'ing and lifting workouts? Unless he was a Tri event, marathon runner or such. Smart diet and interval short burst training should handle most fat problems.

Lots of top men have done twice a day (and a few Olympic lifters, 3 and sometimes more) with success. Depends how involved and intense each individual workout is.

Might have a set of BB's or DB's at home to accomplish some good arm work, rather than going back to a regular gym. Unless your really lonely. Good Luck.
Because Im cutting.  And I do some work outs at home. But gym has way more eq.
A