Author Topic: Teachers' Union memo prays for N.J. Governors' death.  (Read 1572 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Teachers' Union memo prays for N.J. Governors' death.
« on: April 09, 2010, 07:32:08 AM »
Union Memo Hints At Gov.'s Death
Teachers Union's Memo The Latest Salvo In War Of Words With Gov. Christie
HACKENSACK, N.J. (CBS) ―  
NJ Governor Chris Christie delivers the state budget address on March 16, 2010.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ___

Christie Goes To War With NJ Teachers Over Wages
(3/31/2010)

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie isn't laughing about a teachers union's memo that hints of his death.

The memo is the latest salvo in a war of words between Christie and the union over wage and benefits concessions.

The Record of Bergen County obtained the Bergen County Education Association memo that includes a closing prayer:

"Dear Lord this year you have taken away my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze, my favorite actress, Farrah Fawcett, my favorite singer, Michael Jackson, and my favorite salesman, Billy Mays. I just wanted to let you know that Chris Christie is my favorite governor."

Association president Joe Coppola says the "prayer" was a joke and was never meant to be made public.

Christie spokesman Michael Drewniak says there's nothing professional about the group.

Meanwhile, Drewniak says the governor is also considering reopening union contracts to try to get salary concessions at the institutes of higher learning.

Unionized employees at the schools deferred a 3.5 percent increase last year when former Gov. Jon Corzine reopened their contracts.

College and university officials are considering cuts to staff and programs to offset a $173 million cut to higher education in Christie's proposed budget.

On Tuesday, Christie extended a deadline for school districts to receive additional state aide in exchange for teachers agreeing to wage freezes.

________________________ ________________________ ________________

I thought only the VRWC does this?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Re: Teachers' Union memo prays for N.J. Governors' death.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 07:36:22 AM »
Any leader who forward's that crap should be removed from their position.

I saw an email forward like this from someone that put Obama's name on the end.  I immediately deleted it, just not appropriate. Certainly inappropriate for a leader of the teacher's union.  The teacher's unions are far too powerful in this country, hats off to Christie for having the balls to make some needed cuts.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 09:11:59 PM »
Any leader who forward's that crap should be removed from their position.

I saw an email forward like this from someone that put Obama's name on the end.  I immediately deleted it, just not appropriate. Certainly inappropriate for a leader of the teacher's union.  The teacher's unions are far too powerful in this country, hats off to Christie for having the balls to make some needed cuts.

And you guys talk of FREEDOM OF SPEECH
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 10:31:15 AM »

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 11:17:52 AM »
Most people assume that making cuts to education is going to lessen the quality, which is nonsense.  You don't need a new building or a new computer lab, etc. to get a good education.  Teachers are subject to the ups and downs of the economy just like everyone else.  Too bad the federal government can't grasp the concept of a balanced budget like Gov. Christie has done.     

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 11:21:01 AM »
Most people assume that making cuts to education is going to lessen the quality, which is nonsense.  You don't need a new building or a new computer lab, etc. to get a good education.  Teachers are subject to the ups and downs of the economy just like everyone else.  Too bad the federal government can't grasp the concept of a balanced budget like Gov. Christie has done.     

True.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 11:35:44 AM »

well....

The more $ a school has, the smaller class size can be.  (More teachers).

Sure, some of the thigns they buy... $20,000 overhead screens... are silly.

But more teacher salaries = class sizes of 18 instead of 35.   I dunno if you've ever taught 35 kids at once (I have) but it's a nightmare managing them.  Eighteen kids is awesome, everyone learns way more.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 11:38:16 AM »
well....

The more $ a school has, the smaller class size can be.  (More teachers).

Sure, some of the thigns they buy... $20,000 overhead screens... are silly.

But more teacher salaries = class sizes of 18 instead of 35.   I dunno if you've ever taught 35 kids at once (I have) but it's a nightmare managing them.  Eighteen kids is awesome, everyone learns way more.

Thats why Cristie isnt cutting their pay.He is asking for a one year freeze.Only liberal union idiots call that a pay cut.These union fuck heads get pensions that are bankrupting the state.Cristie is cleaning it up.Unlike lib idiots like Obama who simply print more money to pay off filthy do nothing unions.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 11:40:31 AM »
Did you see that clip i just posted? 

He really is a breath of fresh air. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 12:08:15 PM »
This guy really needs to be the GOP nominee for 2012. 

http://blog.eyeblast.tv/2010/09/chris-christie-schools-another-snide-union-defending-teacher/

This guy is great.  Loved how he took control of the situation and stopped the histrionics right in its tracks. 

James

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 12:47:03 PM »
This guy really needs to be the GOP nominee for 2012. 

http://blog.eyeblast.tv/2010/09/chris-christie-schools-another-snide-union-defending-teacher/

He would get my vote just form this video!!