Author Topic: Dorian Yates - overrated!  (Read 254672 times)

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
Re: Dorian Yates' physique is ugly as fuck
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2010, 08:25:56 AM »
The most dominating Mr. Olympia win EVER with perhaps the best lineup EVER. . .

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5049884837576382067#

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2010, 12:49:50 PM »
The most dominating Mr. Olympia win EVER with perhaps the best lineup EVER. . .

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5049884837576382067#

The more I watch this 1995 Olympia prejudging clips, the more I see that this was not a dominant win at all.
I see Shawn beating Dorian in a lot of poses, but I know you'll never see that.

Its seems as Dorian was perfect for you guys.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2010, 12:59:15 PM »
The more I watch this 1995 Olympia prejudging clips, the more I see that this was not a dominant win at all.

lmfao it wasn't a dominate win at all , keep posting with every post like this one it proves how little you know about competitive bodybuilding

1993 and 1995 were the two most dominate wins of any Olympia winner in the history of the sport

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2010, 01:12:20 PM »
NO you do  ;) , out of the two of us , I know what I'm talking about , you don't

again YOU don't know how contests are judged which is why you keep coming to your own conclusions. it's like that FYI because it reduces the chances of blatant bias. And an IFBB said Dorian's injury made no OVERALL difference and you have poor comprehension skills as well I never said it was marked down as a flaw , I did say it could have technically been marked down and he could still have won with a perfect score , I don't know if it was either way so hence the ' technically ' comment

Ronnie's calves are much worse ( as are his abdominals ) I could argue the point but it's moot anyway , even with the flaws they both were so good it made no overall difference in relation to whom they were competing with

Then if you agree with me nothing is truly symmetrical then don't bring the topic up because it can be thrown right back in your face. Ronnie's abdominals weren't symmetrical either but I don't bring that up as a negative by itself , and symmetry means a fuck of a lot more in the context of bodybuilding than right/left exactness but seeing you're so savy I'm sure you know this already  ;D

Levrone's pec tear is visible albeit not to bad but it's apparent you need to open your eyes , a torn muscle doesn't mean the end of a career , Levrone tore his in early 1993 I believe and did very well for himself after that fact

NO you do  ;) , out of the two of us , I know what I'm talking about , you don't

I really don't want to continue arguing with you, as it is apparent you can never be wrong in your mind, but anyway......

again YOU don't know how contests are judged which is why you keep coming to your own conclusions. it's like that FYI because it reduces the chances of blatant bias. And an IFBB said Dorian's injury made no OVERALL difference and you have poor comprehension skills as well I never said it was marked down as a flaw , I did say it could have technically been marked down and he could still have won with a perfect score , I don't know if it was either way so hence the ' technically ' comment

I will be the first to admit that I don't know "everything" about how contests are judged (you should try it ;)), but I know enough to make up my own mind about some decisions. Unlike you, I don't fall in line with everything judges had to say.
The torn bicep could've been marked down as a flaw, but it wouldn't have made a difference because of the score tossing thing as you say. Which is exactly what I was trying to say before: Dorian's torn bicep made an apparent difference, it was a big flaw and the judging procedure of tossing out scores didn't reflect reality which was the whole point of Hulkster's and my comments on it.

Ronnie's calves are much worse ( as are his abdominals ) I could argue the point but it's moot anyway , even with the flaws they both were so good it made no overall difference in relation to whom they were competing with

Fair enough, we disagree here. I think Dorian's biceps were worse.
Its true, both (especially Ronnie) were good enough in comparison to the competiton that those flaws didn't matter much most of the time. Unfortunately, it didn't work that way for Dorian in some cases.

Then if you agree with me nothing is truly symmetrical then don't bring the topic up because it can be thrown right back in your face. Ronnie's abdominals weren't symmetrical either but I don't bring that up as a negative by itself , and symmetry means a fuck of a lot more in the context of bodybuilding than right/left exactness but seeing you're so savy I'm sure you know this already  ;D

If you're bringing Ronnie's abs as not symmetrical it must be because of their odd shape and not having a complete development compared to the competiton. In that case Dorian's quads fall right in there too.

Levrone's pec tear is visible albeit not to bad but it's apparent you need to open your eyes , a torn muscle doesn't mean the end of a career , Levrone tore his in early 1993 I believe and did very well for himself after that fact

Again I say that Levrone's torn pec never made a difference afterwards, as I didn't notice it. Dorian's bicep on the other hand...........

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2010, 01:17:05 PM »
lmfao it wasn't a dominate win at all , keep posting with every post like this one it proves how little you know about competitive bodybuilding

1993 and 1995 were the two most dominate wins of any Olympia winner in the history of the sport

Dorian's win in 1993 was truly dominant, but 1995 was not in my opinion. He deserves the win no doubt, but it wasn't dominant.

Sure, if you go by score cards and what your "experts" say it was dominant. But once again I say: unlike you I don't always fall in line with the decisions, I can think for myself too.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2010, 01:29:06 PM »
I really don't want to continue arguing with you, as it is apparent you can never be wrong in your mind, but anyway......

I will be the first to admit that I don't know "everything" about how contests are judged (you should try it ;)), but I know enough to make up my own mind about some decisions. Unlike you, I don't fall in line with everything judges had to say.
The torn bicep could've been marked down as a flaw, but it wouldn't have made a difference because of the score tossing thing as you say. Which is exactly what I was trying to say before: Dorian's torn bicep made an apparent difference, it was a big flaw and the judging procedure of tossing out scores didn't reflect reality which was the whole point of Hulkster's and my comments on it.

Its true, both (especially Ronnie) were good enough in comparison to the competiton that those flaws didn't matter much most of the time. Unfortunately, it didn't work that way for Dorian in some cases.

If you're bringing Ronnie's abs as not symmetrical it must be because of their odd shape and not having a complete development compared to the competiton. In that case Dorian's quads fall right in there too.

Again I say that Levrone's torn pec never made a difference afterwards, as I didn't notice it. Dorian's bicep on the other hand...........

the very first paragraph is " I really don't want to continue arguing with you ' and then you follow up with more paragraphs doing just that , you're lying to yourself and to me  ;) and there is NO argument , it's me correcting your ignorance and you getting frustrated by me point out how little you know.

It's blatantly obvious you don't know everything about contests are judged and just based on your comment about how 1995 wasn't a dominant win for Dorian proves you don't know much at all , combine that with the rest of your ignorant statements and it's crystal clear you're in way over your head

Again you and stupid ( Hulkster ) keep insisting it made an apparent difference and the judges thought otherwise , now this is the part where the ignorant ( you and Hulkster ) question the judges and the system and everything else because you can't look past your own biases , the bicep tear made no overall difference and if you say otherwise you're contradicting bodybuilding history and you're also working under assumption that A) it was a major flaw and B) he was marked down for it and seeing the highs and lows were tossed it didn't reflect this

says you

says you again , you say a lot of things that contradict reality , oddly you're in good company with Hulkster , he thinks Ronnie dominated a contest he lost the whole prejudging in and Dorian lost one of the most dominate wins of ANY Olympia winner

I agree Levrone's pec made no overall difference however that doesn't change the fact , just because you can't see something doesn't mean it's there and you see what you want anyway , like Dorian's 1995 win wasn't very dominating lol you see the opposite of reality

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2010, 01:33:39 PM »
Dorian's win in 1993 was truly dominant, but 1995 was not in my opinion. He deserves the win no doubt, but it wasn't dominant.

Sure, if you go by score cards and what your "experts" say it was dominant. But once again I say: unlike you I don't always fall in line with the decisions, I can think for myself too.

You say it wasn't dominate this means what? it wasn't lmfao the thing with people like you who make claims that contradict reality and facts is your point can be given a chance and when you make statements like this you can't be taken seriously anymore and just ridiculed and laughed at , just like when Hulkster claimed Dorian lost in 1993 to Flex and Ronnie dominated the 01 Olympia and Ronnie has more detailed calves than Dorian , continue on though I always enjoy a good laugh  ;D

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2010, 02:06:35 PM »

LMFAO!  Shawn, nor anyone else was even close.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2010, 02:08:32 PM »
LMFAO!  Shawn, nor anyone else was even close.

You have to love these insanely stupid Coleman fans , they always contradict reality ! these are the morons who claim 1995 wasn't dominating and 2001 was lol

they're always good for a laugh

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2010, 02:10:26 PM »
You have to love these insanely stupid Coleman fans , they always contradict reality ! these are the morons who claim 1995 wasn't dominating and 2001 was lol

they're always good for a laugh

Indeed, but that is all they are good for.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2010, 02:29:01 PM »
You say it wasn't dominate this means what? it wasn't lmfao the thing with people like you who make claims that contradict reality and facts is your point can be given a chance and when you make statements like this you can't be taken seriously anymore and just ridiculed and laughed at , just like when Hulkster claimed Dorian lost in 1993 to Flex and Ronnie dominated the 01 Olympia and Ronnie has more detailed calves than Dorian , continue on though I always enjoy a good laugh  ;D

You say it wasn't dominate this means what?

My opinion.....

it wasn't lmfao the thing with people like you who make claims that contradict reality and facts is your point can be given a chance and when you make statements like this you can't be taken seriously anymore and just ridiculed and laughed at

::) Sure, you and the other Dorian fan can "laugh" all you want and comfort each other too.
What are these facts?
It is a reality that Dorian won, but it wasn't dominating to me.
Again, you can't see beyond what the judges say or what is printed in Flex magazine.

just like when Hulkster claimed Dorian lost in 1993 to Flex and Ronnie dominated the 01 Olympia and Ronnie has more detailed calves than Dorian , continue on though I always enjoy a good laugh  ;D

I never said these things, if Hulkster did then that's his opinion.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2010, 02:38:21 PM »
My opinion.....

::) Sure, you and the other Dorian fan can "laugh" all you want and comfort each other too.
What are these facts?
Again, you can't see beyond what the judges say or what is printed in Flex magazine.

I see one of the most dominant victories in history,as did the judges.  I guess you can't see, period.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2010, 02:38:35 PM »
My opinion.....

What are these facts?

I never claimed you did , you're arguing a point no ones made

My opinion.....

and it contradicts reality

What are these facts?

you can't see beyond your own preferences and biases and your ignorance. you act like it's a bad thing to agree with facts if you're comfortable with your ignorance have at it , it doesn't change the facts

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2010, 02:41:45 PM »
I see one of the most dominant victories in history,as did the judges.  I guess you can't see, period.

Great post !

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2010, 02:43:41 PM »
the very first paragraph is " I really don't want to continue arguing with you ' and then you follow up with more paragraphs doing just that , you're lying to yourself and to me  ;) and there is NO argument , it's me correcting your ignorance and you getting frustrated by me point out how little you know.

It's blatantly obvious you don't know everything about contests are judged and just based on your comment about how 1995 wasn't a dominant win for Dorian proves you don't know much at all , combine that with the rest of your ignorant statements and it's crystal clear you're in way over your head

Again you and stupid ( Hulkster ) keep insisting it made an apparent difference and the judges thought otherwise , now this is the part where the ignorant ( you and Hulkster ) question the judges and the system and everything else because you can't look past your own biases , the bicep tear made no overall difference and if you say otherwise you're contradicting bodybuilding history and you're also working under assumption that A) it was a major flaw and B) he was marked down for it and seeing the highs and lows were tossed it didn't reflect this

says you

says you again , you say a lot of things that contradict reality , oddly you're in good company with Hulkster , he thinks Ronnie dominated a contest he lost the whole prejudging in and Dorian lost one of the most dominate wins of ANY Olympia winner

I agree Levrone's pec made no overall difference however that doesn't change the fact , just because you can't see something doesn't mean it's there and you see what you want anyway , like Dorian's 1995 win wasn't very dominating lol you see the opposite of reality

the very first paragraph is " I really don't want to continue arguing with you ' and then you follow up with more paragraphs doing just that , you're lying to yourself and to me  ;) and there is NO argument , it's me correcting your ignorance and you getting frustrated by me point out how little you know.

::) I posted: but anyway.... meaning I wanted to continue doing so.
And you're saying I have comprehension problems?

Sure, we all have to agree on how past contests turn out. We can't have our own opinion. ::)
ND, you have to be one of the cockiest guys here.

you can't look past your own biases , the bicep tear made no overall difference and if you say otherwise you're contradicting bodybuilding history and you're also working under assumption that A) it was a major flaw and B) he was marked down for it and seeing the highs and lows were tossed it didn't reflect this

I see....my opinions are biases to you. Whenever someone says something that goes against the judging results its a bias to you.
You have to be blind to say the tear didn't affect symmetry or proportion. And you say I'm biased. ???
Yes it was a flaw and yes it didn't matter because of the procedure of tossing out scores, which is why I posted that the procedure doesn't reflect reality.

I agree Levrone's pec made no overall difference however that doesn't change the fact , just because you can't see something doesn't mean it's there

What? So how would the judge know he had a torn pec if it didn't show?
Judging is based on visually evaluating physiques, if the pec tear didn't show it wouldn't affect at all.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2010, 02:46:32 PM »

Sure, I respect your opinion.
It just seems some of you get offended or upset when someone else says something against Dorian.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2010, 02:52:28 PM »
you can't see beyond your own preferences and biases and your ignorance. you act like it's a bad thing to agree with facts if you're comfortable with your ignorance have at it , it doesn't change the facts

What are these facts?
The fact that he actually won in a "dominant" fashion according to score cards?Experts?
Bodybuilding is a subjective sport, I don't think some decision can be a "fact" that is set in stone and can't be argued.
Its not a bad thing to agree with these "facts", I just make up my own mind sometimes too. Unlike you.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2010, 03:20:28 PM »

Sure, we all have to agree on how past contests turn out. We can't have our own opinion. ::)

I see....my opinions are biases to you. Whenever someone says something that goes against the judging results its a bias to you.
You have to be blind to say the tear didn't affect symmetry or proportion. And you say I'm biased. ???
Yes it was a flaw and yes it didn't matter because of the procedure of tossing out scores, which is why I posted that the procedure doesn't reflect reality.

Judging is based on visually evaluating physiques, if the pec tear didn't show it wouldn't affect at all.

No I understood well what you typed , I'm laughing at the declaration that you didn't

No you're entitled to your own opinion , just not you're own facts  ;) feel free to post any opinion you'd like like I've said before it will give us all a good laugh

you are biased against Dorian's physique which is how you come to your conclusions like he didn't dominate. I said the tear made no overall difference which it didn't you can haggle all you want in the end , the facts are still facts

it's evident if you know what you're looking for , open your eyes his pecs aren't exactly the same

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2010, 03:25:29 PM »
What are these facts?
The fact that he actually won in a "dominant" fashion according to score cards?Experts?
Bodybuilding is a subjective sport, I don't think some decision can be a "fact" that is set in stone and can't be argued.
Its not a bad thing to agree with these "facts", I just make up my own mind sometimes too. Unlike you.

What are your facts that he didn't? you're the one claiming the contrary. You can claim the opposite of reality all you want it doesn't change it.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2010, 04:15:44 PM »
What are your facts that he didn't? you're the one claiming the contrary. You can claim the opposite of reality all you want it doesn't change it.

I never said I have facts as to why Dorian did not win in a dominant fashion, just my opinion.
Which is, based on the video, wasn't as far ahead of Shawn or even Nasser.
His FDB is messed with the torn bicep, bad symmetry, bad proportions.
Shawn had an advantage on the ab&thigh pose based on how the quads were developed.
Those are some examples of why he wasn't dominant in my eyes.

Dorian did have the dryness/density advantage, plus he had that massive and wide back that impressed the judges so much. Overall he was probably more muscular than the rest.
In my eyes he won, but not dominantly.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2010, 04:26:17 PM »
I never said I have facts as to why Dorian did not win in a dominant fashion, just my opinion.
Which is, based on the video, wasn't as far ahead of Shawn or even Nasser.
His FDB is messed with the torn bicep, bad symmetry, bad proportions.
Shawn had an advantage on the ab&thigh pose based on how the quads were developed.
Those are some examples of why he wasn't dominant in my eyes.

Dorian did have the dryness/density advantage, plus he had that massive and wide back that impressed the judges so much. Overall he was probably more muscular than the rest.
In my eyes he won, but not dominantly.

Oh so I need to provide facts and you don't? gotcha

Shawn had an advantage in the ab-thigh because of how his quads were developed LMFAO another ignorant statement by you , let me explained to you how it works because you don't know.

All rounds are physique rounds and all poses are held to this standard as well , which means all of the judging criteria is assessed at once NOT individually , muscular bulk , balanced development , density & dryness , posing & presentation are all judged at the same time

Now how can Shawn have any advantage in the ab-thigh when he's down on muscular bulk? 205 pounds compared to 260 pounds even on a pound-for-pound scales he's still behind . balanced development? please , density & dryness? posing & presentation? the judging criteria calls for the calves in every pose you think Shawn's lack thereof renders an assumed advantage in quads moot? how about the fact he lats disappear in this pose? or he's dwarfed by Dorian ? all muscled are assessed in this pose you can't cherry pick what you think looks better and pass on the rest , NOT how it works

Dorian won in dominating fashion because of his overall package was so overwhelming great that there were no challengers to him to quote Samir in 1993 , " Dorian was first , second and third. " he was so dominating because he was so far ahead and beyond anyone in that contest it wasn't even funny.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2010, 04:41:54 PM »
Glad to see everything is flowing normal as usual.

:)

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2010, 04:45:42 PM »

Shawn had an advantage in the ab-thigh because of how his quads were developed LMFAO another ignorant statement by you , let me explained to you how it works because you don't know.

All rounds are physique rounds and all poses are held to this standard as well , which means all of the judging criteria is assessed at once NOT individually , muscular bulk , balanced development , density & dryness , posing & presentation are all judged at the same time

Now how can Shawn have any advantage in the ab-thigh when he's down on muscular bulk? 205 pounds compared to 260 pounds even on a pound-for-pound scales he's still behind . balanced development? please , density & dryness? posing & presentation? the judging criteria calls for the calves in every pose you think Shawn's lack thereof renders an assumed advantage in quads moot? how about the fact he lats disappear in this pose? or he's dwarfed by Dorian ? all muscled are assessed in this pose you can't cherry pick what you think looks better and pass on the rest , NOT how it works

Dorian won in dominating fashion because of his overall package was so overwhelming great that there were no challengers to him to quote Samir in 1993 , " Dorian was first , second and third. "

You said you had facts, I did not. ;)

Why don't you tell me something I don't know.
I know all rounds are physique rounds. Meaning symmetry, muscular development and posing are all taken into consideration in each round, plus the rest of the criteria.

I also know that if a pose is called side tricep, it doesn't mean only the tricep is getting analyzed, but the whole physique.
I just letting you know of this in case you try to "correct" me of not knowing. ;)

Yes, I know this is how it all works. I said that Shawn's quads gave him an advantage in that particular pose since the rest of the muscle groups visible in that pose were pretty much even between the two.

I can see muscular bulk being an advantage for Dorian, but how about Shawn's arms, delts and legs being better developed despite his lighter weight.
Dorian had an advantage in density, but Shawn was greatly conditioned too. So he wasn't as far behind as you like to think.
Balance and proportion? I would say they were pretty equal, but Shawn had advantage in this criteria in some poses.
Shawn's posing was always better.
Shawn was not dwarfed by Dorian in this pose if you actually are careful to see it. Dorian's lats were wider, but Shawn's didn't disappear. How about Dorian's narrow looking quads? His lack of vastus lateralis?
Dorian had better calves, Shawn had better quads, which were more proportionate in the leg development?

All criteria taken into consideration and every muscle group assesed. Dorian wins, but not dominating.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2010, 04:50:37 PM »
Glad to see everything is flowing normal as usual.

:)

You guys must be bored to death of all this arguing don't you?

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2010, 04:57:50 PM »
You guys must be bored to death of all this arguing don't you?

Whatever floats your boat, bro