Author Topic: I have never felt that i wanted to have kid...until now.  (Read 7144 times)

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
Re: I have never felt that i wanted to have kid...until now.
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2010, 03:01:40 PM »
Choosing to have a child is single handedly the most selfish thing that anyone can do in life. Don't have a child to fulfill any feeling or emotion of yours. It's not fair to the said child. Getting prego, announcing said pregnancy, showers, congrats, baptisms, pictures, etc.......it's all attention whoring at the highest level and the said child asks for NOTHING!

I've always made it a point of NEVER saying congratulations to a pregnancy. Not to friends, strangers, family, nobody. It's not like it's a huge accomplishment or anything special. Anyone can knock a chick up or get knocked up. Yet, they all expect the glamour and congratulatory attention. Disgusting.

END OF THREAD!

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2010, 03:05:39 PM »
Choosing to have a child is single handedly the most selfish thing that anyone can do in life.

Obviously you don't have kids

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2010, 03:08:28 PM »
I read that in the end, 80% of all men have children. It's the social norm, and if you don't you're just WEIRD!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2010, 03:11:23 PM »
I read that in the end, 80% of all men have children. It's the social norm, and if you don't you're just WEIRD!

That number is consistently decreasing.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2010, 04:11:05 PM »
Obviously you don't have kids
No, I don't have any children. Do you agree or disagree with the quoted statement?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2010, 04:16:42 PM »
Children are a poor investment.  Unless you have a a protected buyer, a good lawyer and the extradition laws are agreeable in case the walls start closing in.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2010, 04:20:03 PM »
Children are a poor investment.  Unless you have a a protected buyer, a good lawyer and the extradition laws are agreeable in case the walls start closing in.
LOL. Great troll, bro.  ;D

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2010, 04:20:29 PM »
I will NEVER understand why anyone would choose to have children.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2010, 04:21:29 PM »
like "Pellius", I'm anxiously awaiting "Uberman" to chime in on this one

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2010, 04:22:14 PM »
Lately my friend(that blond girl) bring a baby to my factory or my apartment.
Before, i was like saying "Oh he is cute" and thats it. And i didnt really care.
But now, i begin to feel that the baby is really cute and i begin to feel like having one strongly.(All the time, i am holding him or holding his hand.)
I thought that that is a womans feeling. Does it happen to guy? Or I am becoming like a gay?? ;D
Maybe old getbigers can answer me.
How is it?

You really feel the Brunette is the one?

How long have you two been together?

Don't make a too hasty decision that you'll regret.
Q

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2010, 04:24:12 PM »

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2010, 04:26:17 PM »
Agreed...I get a kick out of folks who claim that their kids will take care of them when they're old and I'll have nobody cause I choose not to have children....I laugh in their faces and tell them that they'll be in the same nursing home as me.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2010, 04:58:14 PM »
No, I don't have any children. Do you agree or disagree with the quoted statement?
In my case I disagree.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2010, 10:35:28 AM »
In my case I disagree.
That's all good and well......In me case I don't fall victim to silly social pressures and expectations.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2010, 10:54:05 AM »
That's all good and well......In me case I don't fall victim to silly social pressures and expectations.
Yeah! That's the spirit  ;D

There's enough kids kickin around as it is damnit.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2010, 10:57:05 AM »
Seems to me dov's attempts to adopt with his life partner aren't going so well...

newmom

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2010, 11:05:05 AM »
you will never now of a greater, deeper love than with your child. Is it easy NO, are there sleepless nights YES..is it the best thing I did..ABSOLUTELY

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2010, 11:22:15 AM »
you will never now of a greater, deeper love than with your child. Is it easy NO, are there sleepless nights YES..is it the best thing I did..ABSOLUTELY

You are hardly going to publically say you regret it are you.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2010, 11:27:41 AM »
Lately my friend(that blond girl) bring a baby to my factory or my apartment.
Before, i was like saying "Oh he is cute" and thats it. And i didnt really care.
But now, i begin to feel that the baby is really cute and i begin to feel like having one strongly.(All the time, i am holding him or holding his hand.)
I thought that that is a womans feeling. Does it happen to guy? Or I am becoming like a gay?? ;D
How is it?
It is normal to have some positive feelings for a child and think about being a parent.
However, if like me, you rarely feel like that or only with certain kids, you have your answer.
Having a kid will change your life for good. Some bad, some good and it is a crap shoot as to how the kid will turn out or your experience.
I never had kids ( never really wanted to) but as a HS teacher understand why many do.

newmom

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2010, 11:29:17 AM »
DB, I couldn't imagine my life without my little one. She keeps me young. I credit her for making me loose all the weight (she doesn't know it because she was 2 when I realized I wanted to be a healthier parent and better role model for her as far as weight wise).
I love the fact that I rush around to take her to ballet, swimming and karate after school.

There is nothing like when she wakes up and says Good morning mommy or when I read to her and kiss her goodnight she says I love you momma..

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2010, 12:04:32 PM »
Seems to me dov's attempts to adopt with his life partner aren't going so well...
aint gots no shit like that here in the Gaff pal.....keep you gay ass in Apex

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2010, 12:16:49 PM »
So we have people with kids arguing how they're worth it and people without kids arguing that they're not worth it. Lots of headway going to be made here.  ::)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2010, 12:21:47 PM »

I respect that.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2010, 12:35:46 PM »
It is normal to have some positive feelings for a child and think about being a parent.
However, if like me, you rarely feel like that or only with certain kids, you have your answer.
Having a kid will change your life for good. Some bad, some good and it is a crap shoot as to how the kid will turn out or your experience.
I never had kids ( never really wanted to) but as a HS teacher understand why many do.
did your sultry 2nd wife end up having any kids howie?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2010, 12:59:40 PM »
How is it?

Hated my (then) spouse when she was pregnant.  She complained all the time (worse than normal) and then complained about me being mean to her because she was complaining.  So, I skipped town for a while.

Once the baby was born, it sorta hit me and I do remember holding her for the first time.

Even though her mom and I are no longer together, kiddo and I now have the best relationship ever.  We both love the memories we're building together and as a family. 

For all the baby mama has put me through, I wouldn't trade any of it if it meant not having Momo.