Author Topic: I have never felt that i wanted to have kid...until now.  (Read 7145 times)

dov

• Getbig IV
Re: I have never felt that i wanted to have kid...until now.
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2010, 01:12:36 PM »
Hated my (then) spouse when she was pregnant.  She complained all the time (worse than normal) and then complained about me being mean to her because she was complaining.  So, I skipped town for a while.

Once the baby was born, it sorta hit me and I do remember holding her for the first time.

Even though her mom and I are no longer together, kiddo and I now have the best relationship ever.  We both love the memories we're building together and as a family. 

For all the baby mama has put me through, I wouldn't trade any of it if it meant not having Momo.

I'm guessing you're in the 60% majority of American disfunction. Typical "I would'nt trade my kid for nothin" must saying. Oh brother! Why can't just one godamm parent say "My kids drive me crazy and if I had it to do all over again there's no way in hell I'd saddle myself with children"? Seriously, societies expectations just keep kickin most folks asses!

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2010, 01:21:23 PM »
You are hardly going to publically say you regret it are you.
:-X

LOL!!!!!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2010, 01:25:16 PM »
I'm guessing you're in the 60% majority of American disfunction. Typical "I would'nt trade my kid for nothin" must saying. Oh brother! Why can't just one godamm parent say "My kids drive me crazy and if I had it to do all over again there's no way in hell I'd saddle myself with children"? Seriously, societies expectations just keep kickin most folks asses!

So you think 100% of people regret having children? You sound like you're desperately trying to convince yourself that you made the right choice.  ::)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2010, 01:25:40 PM »
Lately my friend(that blond girl) bring a baby to my factory or my apartment.
Before, i was like saying "Oh he is cute" and thats it. And i didnt really care.
But now, i begin to feel that the baby is really cute and i begin to feel like having one strongly.(All the time, i am holding him or holding his hand.)
I thought that that is a womans feeling. Does it happen to guy? Or I am becoming like a gay?? ;D
Maybe old getbigers can answer me.
How is it?

if this is considered gay IAM A BIG GAY :-X

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2010, 01:31:17 PM »
So you think 100% of people regret having children? You sound like you're desperately trying to convince yourself that you made the right choice.  ::)
60% divorce rate in America = Disfunction......I definetely don't believe that 100% of parents "would'nt change anything" if given the chance. I just wish there was one parent in the entire universe who would actually admit that they can't stand the fact that they have children. Come on, there has to be at least one parent in the world, right? Society won't allow ANYONE to say they regret it. I'm just calling obvious bullshit.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2010, 01:45:39 PM »

I'm WAY different, though.

If I'd stayed on my own path, I'd likely have a 'normal' job and would probably hate the daily grind.  I'd have money and security, but not be having nearly as much fun.

When our child arrived, I was in the process of starting my own business and once the bills began getting bigger and my portion of that responsibility increased, I had to step up my game on the business front.  While my partner and I have been extremely lucky (got in with the right product at the right time), we have worked hard and gotten a great payoff.  I wouldn't have been nearly as motivated if I didn't have a child.  Back then, it was about having enough money for our young family to survive and over time, it's been about making enough money for us to enjoy life and long-term security.  

I love to ski and it's one of the best daddy-daughter activities I can think of, because it really allows kids to explore their capabilities independently, while knowing that Dad is out of sight, but not far behind.  

My daughter loves softball and is a tremendous player. I can't stand softball (and I'm not a fan of the local politics either), but I've learned more patience and my perspective has been broadened as a result of being the supportive dad. In season, I often practice with her.  I am not a huge fan of watching soccer either, but the kid is great, so I really enjoy watching her play.  

In addition to skiing, she's also a ready-made golf buddy. 

Maybe I just got lucky with my little tomboy, but as far as I'm concerned, kids are great. :)

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2010, 12:33:49 AM »
Ok - I'll de-lurk to chime in on this. I have just turned 40 - an age when many of my friends have already had kids for some time.

I know a few couples who steadfastly say they would never be without their kids now that they're there, that their lives would not feel complete without them - but - if given the choice, they would never choose to have their children again.

All but two of the couples I know who have kids have had their relationship suffer (the others are just  beautiful perfect families). Financial stress, time stress, lack of energy - quite a few of my friends (male and female) have wondered aloud if they will still have a relationship by the time their kids are teens and a little more independent.

I am child free. My wife and I have been together for 17 years. Perhaps kids would make us happier - perhaps not. It's very hard to imagine. All I know is that we are both still madly in love, both extremely happy with our life and to date, have never felt any biological or social need to reproduce. I see how deeply in love parents are with their children - which is fantastic - but I also notice the collateral damage that comes to a lot of families and I don't regret at all the decisions my wife and I have made.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2010, 01:08:01 AM »
Before, i was like saying "Oh he is cute" and thats it. And i didnt really care.
But now, i begin to feel that the baby is really cute and i begin to feel like having one strongly.(All the time, i am holding him or holding his hand.)
I thought that that is a womans feeling. Does it happen to guy? Or I am becoming like a gay?? ;D
How is it?

I decided in my teens that I didn't want kids of my own. I recently became an uncle, and even though my niece is adorable, I still haven't chaged my mind.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2010, 06:27:04 AM »
Kids and women are both tools of the devil.at least you can fuck women >:(

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2010, 06:43:22 AM »
Ok - I'll de-lurk to chime in on this. I have just turned 40 - an age when many of my friends have already had kids for some time.

I know a few couples who steadfastly say they would never be without their kids now that they're there, that their lives would not feel complete without them - but - if given the choice, they would never choose to have their children again.

All but two of the couples I know who have kids have had their relationship suffer (the others are just  beautiful perfect families). Financial stress, time stress, lack of energy - quite a few of my friends (male and female) have wondered aloud if they will still have a relationship by the time their kids are teens and a little more independent.

I am child free. My wife and I have been together for 17 years. Perhaps kids would make us happier - perhaps not. It's very hard to imagine. All I know is that we are both still madly in love, both extremely happy with our life and to date, have never felt any biological or social need to reproduce. I see how deeply in love parents are with their children - which is fantastic - but I also notice the collateral damage that comes to a lot of families and I don't regret at all the decisions my wife and I have made.

Holy shit.  A non gimmick who can spell and isn't queer as a football bat.  Post more.  Save us.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2010, 08:29:50 AM »
Holy shit.  A non gimmick who can spell and isn't queer as a football bat.  Post more.  Save us.

Ha. I actually used to post a little now and then, many years ago, but have been happy enough just lurking for awhile. Maybe I'll be more active if I think I have anything useful to say. We'll see!

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2010, 08:24:26 PM »

because your are 40 and the choice is still in your hands but may be 10 years later you will regret!!.. and of course may be not!!..

newmom

« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2010, 03:41:59 AM »
Kids and women are both tools of the devil.at least you can fuck women >:(
::) ::) ::)

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2010, 04:26:14 AM »
kids ruin freedom.  That is the main reason why my wife and I don't have any.  There are many others though.  They are expensive, I don't like shit and piss, I hate trying to explain shit over and over,  then when they get older you have to deal with hauling them around all over the place for this or that.  Then the time comes for rebellion,  smart asses, getting in trouble with friends,  me hitting on their girlfriends when they get to college...lol.  It's a bad scene all around.  Leave the kid in the bottom of a rubber and enjoy your life.

A friend of mine said he has kids so he is not alone when he gets old.  He said I will be all alone at Christmas with no one to share it with.  I thought that was a selfish reason to have kids.

newmom

« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2010, 04:28:09 AM »

A friend of mine said he has kids so he is not alone when he gets old.  He said I will be all alone at Christmas with no one to share it with.  I thought that was a selfish reason to have kids.

that sure as hell is right there.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2010, 04:29:36 AM »
that sure as hell is right there.

no response to why I don't have kids?

newmom

« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2010, 04:34:13 AM »
because that is yours and the wifes choice, nothing wrong with it at all. I have no qualms about people's reasoning for wanting or not wanting kids. Did you want me to start an e-fight ;D

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2010, 04:36:20 AM »
because that is yours and the wifes choice, nothing wrong with it at all. I have no qualms about people's reasoning for wanting or not wanting kids. Did you want me to start an e-fight ;D

lol.  nah I am getting ready to get off work so I don't have time.  Maybe we can save it for another occasion.   :D

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2010, 04:37:13 AM »
How is it?

i absolutely hate you...

newmom

« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2010, 04:37:39 AM »
lol.  nah I am getting ready to get off work so I don't have time.  Maybe we can save it for another occasion.   :D

sounds like a plan. ;D
 But seriously, wether someone chooses to have or not have kids is their decision. I personally couldn't see my life without my little princess

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2010, 04:38:45 AM »
taka you knock this broad up or what ??
L

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2010, 04:58:38 AM »
taka you knock this broad up or what ??
Sounds like kyomu has one in the oven.