Author Topic: Laura Bush calls Kagan nomination ‘great’ - Newt?  (Read 938 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Laura Bush calls Kagan nomination ‘great’ - Newt?
« on: May 16, 2010, 02:34:11 PM »
So let's get this straight... NEWT is against Kagan because she agrees with Gates on don't ask?

Laura Bush sounded like a woman first and a Republican second on Sunday when she voiced support for President Obama's Supreme Court nominee, Elena Kagan.

"I think it's great," she told Fox News' Chris Wallace. "I'm really glad that there will be three [women on the court] if she is confirmed. I like to have women on the Supreme court."

In supporting Kagan, the former first lady stands apart from many other Republicans who have begun to muster a campaign against Kagan.

Earlier on Sunday, former House speaker Newt Gingrich called on the president to withdraw Kagan's nomination, saying she's unfit to be on the Supreme Court because of her opposition to the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy on gays and because of her efforts to keep military recruiters out of Harvard Law School when she was dean there

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Laura Bush calls Kagan nomination ‘great’ - Newt?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 03:00:20 PM »
Another brain dead ditz.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 03:11:40 PM »
A couple days ago she came out in favor of gay marriage.

Laura Bush a yes on gay marriage
By Carolyn Lochhead

In case you missed it, former First Lady Laura Bush gave further evidence of her liberation from the Washington political cage.

On Larry King Live Tuesday, she said this about gay marriage:

"Well, I think that we ought to definitely look at it and debate it. I think there are a lot of people who have trouble coming to terms with that because they see marriage as traditionally between a man and a woman. But I also know that when couples are committed to each other and love each other that they ought to have the same sort of rights that everyone has."

Recall that her husband, clearly driven by political opportunism, supported a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage and used gays as a wedge issue in his campaigns after the Supreme Court ruling in state-sodomy-law case Lawrence v. Texas, the Newsom weddings in San Francisco, and the first ever legalization of same-sex marriage by Massachusetts.

It all seems so long ago, yet Don't Ask Don't Tell still stands, Obama's state-of-the-union vow and rousing HRC speech notwithstanding, and conservative Dems are wary about moving forward on a job discrimination bill that includes transgendered people.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 03:19:23 PM »
The obamas bushes clintons are all exactly what is wrong w this country.

Three disgusting pofs families who all should be tried for treason. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 03:27:09 PM »
I don't like her face
S

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 04:09:24 PM »

By Carolyn Lochhead

In case you missed it, former First Lady Laura Bush gave further evidence of her liberation from the Washington political cage.

"Well, I think that we ought to definitely look at it and debate it. I think there are a lot of people who have trouble coming to terms with that because they see marriage as traditionally between a man and a woman. But I also know that when couples are committed to each other and love each other that they ought to have the same sort of rights that everyone has."

Recall that her husband, clearly driven by political opportunism, supported a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage and used gays as a wedge issue in his campaigns after the Supreme Court ruling in state-sodomy-law case Lawrence v. Texas, the Newsom weddings in San Francisco, and the first ever legalization of same-sex marriage by Massachusetts.

It all seems so long ago, yet Don't Ask Don't Tell still stands, Obama's state-of-the-union vow and rousing HRC speech notwithstanding, and conservative Dems are wary about moving forward on a job discrimination bill that includes transgendered people.
she didnt say she was for it she simply said she thought there should be dialogue and that gays should have the same rights...obama believes the same thing as do I but im not for gay marriage and either is he  ;)

wanna talk about glbt hypocrisey yet? didnt think so... ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 04:10:25 PM »
What about Clinton signbin g the defense of marriage act.  I saw no mention of that, as usual. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 06:37:28 AM »
So let's get this straight... NEWT is against Kagan because she agrees with Gates on don't ask?

Laura Bush sounded like a woman first and a Republican second on Sunday when she voiced support for President Obama's Supreme Court nominee, Elena Kagan.

"I think it's great," she told Fox News' Chris Wallace. "I'm really glad that there will be three [women on the court] if she is confirmed. I like to have women on the Supreme court."

In supporting Kagan, the former first lady stands apart from many other Republicans who have begun to muster a campaign against Kagan.

Earlier on Sunday, former House speaker Newt Gingrich called on the president to withdraw Kagan's nomination, saying she's unfit to be on the Supreme Court because of her opposition to the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy on gays and because of her efforts to keep military recruiters out of Harvard Law School when she was dean there

You twist things so badly it really makes your legit points seem foolish.Newt said that the reason Obama should withdraw her is because she was repudiated by the supreme court in trying to ban military recruiters from Harvard because she disagreed with dont ask dont tell.Newts point was she went after the military,instead of the Clinton administartion which put in the policy.The military didnt put the policy in it Bill Clinton who Kagen worked for.Newt believes this showed an open hostility towards thew military and we are in two wars and she will be biased in her rulings in cases where the military is involved.

If your going to bash people,please get the info correct first.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 07:44:34 AM »
The obamas bushes clintons are all exactly what is wrong w this country.

Three disgusting pofs families who all should be tried for treason. 

Or maybe bitter ass juvenile crybaby italians are what is wrong with this country.  If they don't like it so much, let them take their spaghetti eating ass back to Italy.

Or seem meds.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 07:48:43 AM »
Right, because the crime syndacite known as Clinton-Bush-Obama are really doing whats in your best interests.  ::)  ::)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 07:58:05 AM »
And your whining End Of the World scenario is?

::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 07:59:43 AM »
Look at Europe jackass.  Do you think we are not heading for the same thing?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 08:02:07 AM »

By Carolyn Lochhead

A husband and wife don't agree on something......That's news???

Funny how the left (especially in San Francisco) couldn't STAND any member of the Bush family (including the former First Lady). Now, we get this pat on the head for Laura Bush, from their ranks.

They did the same thing with Cindy McCain.

she didnt say she was for it she simply said she thought there should be dialogue and that gays should have the same rights...obama believes the same thing as do I but im not for gay marriage and either is he  

Neither were 70% of CA black voters, who OVERWHELMINGLY went for Obama. And we know how well the "tolerant" left took that (especially in the San Fran area).

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 08:18:36 AM »
Look at Europe jackass.  Do you think we are not heading for the same thing?

I don't see a city full of people running around with black duffel bags.

"Jackass"