Author Topic: OVEREEM DESTROYS ROGERS!  (Read 16072 times)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
Re: OVEREEM DESTROYS ROGERS!
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2010, 06:04:41 PM »
MMAth never fails

What is MMAth? MMAth is the process of using a sequence of past mixed martial arts fight results that provide a logical and objective argument for predicting the result of a future mixed martial arts bout  ::).

A basic MMAth equation:
Tito Ortiz beat Forrest Griffin who beat Shogun,
...therefore Tito Ortiz should beat Shogun    ;)

::)you're not paying much attention, here the lads are discussing 2 guys that beat the same fighter within 6 months period, so not so strange to discuss it, but still doesnt hold much value.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 06:18:03 PM »
fedor is not in his prime anymore  ??? his lasts fights never went beyond the first round, he demolished everyone with ko
hong man choi is also excellent striker and far heavier and bigger than overeem, also did k1, that didnt stop fedor to deliver some blows to his huge cranium and win the fight smart. yes, i said before i can see this fight go to distance, i dont think crocop is any less then overeem btw, he won dirty with 3 knees to the groin. no matter how bigger the guys are they just cant beat him, history has show that, anything is possible ofcourse but use your logic, if someone wins 30 fights in a row the odds are small that he will lose.

I stopped reading where you claim that Choi is an excellent striker. C'mon...all he has is reach and that's it. He was never even remotely successful in K-1. You can't compare him to Overeem. Choi lost pretty much the majority of his fights.

P.S - Overeem destroyed Mirko in K-1. It wasn't even close. Crocop had to fake an injury to stop the fight.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 06:30:08 PM »
Overeem vs Fedor would be a great fight no doubt, but considering Sergie, Shogun and Werdum already beat Overeem I would have to give the edge to Fedor. I couldn't see any of the aformentioned fighters beating Fedor. I wouldnt be shocked if Overeem won though.

Overeem beat Sergie the first time but sergei dislocated his shoulder in the first 40 seconds. Look how far it was haning down after then fight when he walks back to the dressing room.

Where the hell is Sergei Kharatonov anyway? He is a top 5 HW when he is active IMO.
shotgun on the team

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2010, 08:16:41 PM »
Some of you guys need to put the crack pipe down.

Overeem is a one dimensonal striker with a suspect chin that is average on the ground at best.

An Overeem/Fedor fight would be very interesting and Overeem is a tough opponent, but I give him a 0% chance of winning.

He will get taken down, mounted and beaten to oblivion.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2010, 08:29:40 PM »
Heres the deal. A lot of people JUST want to see Fedor lose. Thats why everytime a new fighter comes up, they say, "Fedor is gonna get his ass kicked !11!11!!!!"
Fedor DOESNT lose. He doesnt know how. He FINDS a way to win, everytime. And anyone that thinks hes gonna get dominated has something coming. Fedor is the complete deal, all around. Until someone comes along whos as well rounded and machine like as fedor, hes just gonna find a hole in there strategy, and hes gonna exploit it.

If they have any weakness whatsoever, Fedor is gonna find it and tear it open, along with their asshole. Thats just how he rolls.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2010, 08:39:08 PM »

don frye is my new hero 8)

bench

lol...Don Frye is awesome, I met him at the Olympia and took a picture.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2010, 08:40:08 PM »

If they have any weakness whatsoever, Fedor is gonna find it and tear it open, along with their asshole. Thats just how he rolls.

This is pretty true.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2010, 08:51:37 PM »
 I got to say...it pains me a lot to admit it...but I think that Overeem would destroy Fedor.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Fedor would never curl up in a ball and give his back. Just not in his blood. Rodgers name shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breathe as Fedor's. Nuff said!

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
  • "You've got size, but you don't have my size!"
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2010, 09:05:27 PM »
I dont think Overeem has the will to beat Fedor.

Fedor simply WILL not lose... He finds a way to win every time. He said in an interview somewhere, he looks at a fight like the man hes fighting is trying to take food from his family, or something like that.

Fedor will = unstoppable. The man does not know HOW to lose.

his mind is unbelievably tough, thats really what makes him so amazing. and not to mention he shows absolutely zero fear.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2010, 09:11:37 PM »
Heres the deal. A lot of people JUST want to see Fedor lose. Thats why everytime a new fighter comes up, they say, "Fedor is gonna get his ass kicked !11!11!!!!"
Fedor DOESNT lose. He doesnt know how. He FINDS a way to win, everytime. And anyone that thinks hes gonna get dominated has something coming. Fedor is the complete deal, all around. Until someone comes along whos as well rounded and machine like as fedor, hes just gonna find a hole in there strategy, and hes gonna exploit it.

You have obviously not read the post where I state that everyone has his limits including Emelianenko.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2010, 09:22:31 PM »
Some of you guys need to put the crack pipe down.

Overeem is a one dimensonal striker with a suspect chin that is average on the ground at best.

An Overeem/Fedor fight would be very interesting and Overeem is a tough opponent, but I give him a 0% chance of winning.

He will get taken down, mounted and beaten to oblivion.

He is hardly one dimensional, and very proficient on the ground and won ADCC Europe.
shotgun on the team

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2010, 02:14:46 AM »

don frye is my new hero 8)

bench

fo'sho  8), no matter black or white, a real man is a real man  8)

Wiggs   ;D

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 04:10:57 AM »
 I got to say...it pains me a lot to admit it...but I think that Overeem would destroy Fedor.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

thats only the 40th time someone said that... really dont see any logic in that...

Overeen at least has some tools to win, i admit, but i dont see a real threat.

And he is a awesome striker, but just that
!

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2010, 04:11:40 AM »
ROFL @ this love story about sharing gum

the HEART shivering backround music is the iceing on the cake  :D

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2010, 05:06:37 AM »
for the people that are saying overeem is one dimensional or only a striker....Are you guys aware he has 19 submission victories to his credit....

I don't think Overeem would beat fedor but...He has the best chance out of the current heavyweight fighters...
DAWG

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2010, 05:40:27 AM »
MMAth never fails

What is MMAth? MMAth is the process of using a sequence of past mixed martial arts fight results that provide a logical and objective argument for predicting the result of a future mixed martial arts bout  ::).

A basic MMAth equation:
Tito Ortiz beat Forrest Griffin who beat Shogun,
...therefore Tito Ortiz should beat Shogun    ;)

Then what do rankings mean if fighting history means nothing? Why are fighters judged for their records and who they fought?

epic_alien

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2010, 07:40:30 AM »
 Dude, I'm the World's greatest Fedor fan, but Overeem is just a monster. He is a Brock Lesnar who can actually kick and punch fast precise and hard.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

your not a fedor fan dummy,

overheem has lost 11 times.

fedor none.

whats the debate around here?

its like the same dummies saying mayweather is gonna lose.

then reality sets in after the fight.

wake the fuck up.

wake the fuck up.

epic_alien

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2010, 07:43:29 AM »
Would have been cool to see Jerome Le Banner in mma, dude was crazy.

edit: googled and found out he did try it. Hmm.

yes jerome did "try it"

and knocked many out, including don frye.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2010, 10:39:34 AM »
your not a fedor fan dummy,

overheem has lost 11 times.

fedor none.

whats the debate around here?

its like the same dummies saying mayweather is gonna lose.

then reality sets in after the fight.

wake the fuck up.

wake the fuck up.

First of all, NOOB, talk respectfully to a senior member of the board. Secondly, yes, I am a Fedor fan and I have stated that Fedor has a good chance on the ground. The problem is that Overeem will keep the fight standing and he has the strength and takedown defenses to make it happen. Standing, Fedor has only a puncher's chance of defeating Overeem. Overeem is technically a superior striker with greater speed and precision, and unlike Emelienenko, he actually uses his legs to strike and not only his fists. Fedor has the power to knock him out, but it is extremely unlikely that a striker with the experience and skills of Overeem will let his guard down for Fedor to knock him out. If the fight stays up, Overeem will demolish Fedor or win the fight by points. If Fedor manages to take the fight to the ground, Overeem will be incredibly hard to submit. Fedor couldn't submit Rogers due to the latter's strength, then imagine how hard it will be to submit a guy who is even stronger than Rogers and who knows the ground game which Rogers doesen't. Yes, Overeem has been submitted by Werdum and such, but that was the old Overeem. The new Overeem has 40 lbs of muscle more and lots of experience on the ground. If the fight stays up, Fedor will get KOd or lose by points, and if it go to the ground, I give them equal odds in the fight.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

epic_alien

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2010, 11:57:28 AM »
im the noob?  right.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2010, 12:12:34 PM »
im the noob?  right.

Yes, you are the noob, Mr.double-digit post count and registered here in February of this year. You are also a noob in MMA, given your sophomoric knowledge and retarded arguments with no logic.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

epic_alien

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2010, 12:22:14 PM »
my 60 posts contain more knowledge than your 6k posts of nonsense

suckmymuscle

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2010, 12:27:03 PM »
my 60 posts contain more knowledge than your 6k posts of nonsense

Ha ha ha ha...ok, kid. Let me tell you kid, if you keep the attitude you are going to get beat in this place. Getbiggers are not nice to newbies who just registered and talk shit to senior members. Just warning you.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2010, 12:28:11 PM »
LOL @ Sucky playing the "senior member on the board"-card.

You can be the most knowledgeable person ever, being active in the sport for years, and then having 1 post on Getbig.

Postcount means nothing concerning knowledge, experience etc.

It's just a testament of the amount of free time.

Q

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2010, 12:33:34 PM »
The thing about Fedor, is that he is a machine. He makes very little mistakes, he finds his opponents weakness' and exploits them. And he can take a hit. This makes him very very dangerous, to anyone.

He makes "little mistakes"?  Have you seen any of his fights?  He makes a lot of mistakes and often finds himself in trouble.  Look at his most recent fight with a 2nd tier fighter Brett Rodgers.  Brett did real damage to him Fedor.  Overeem, on the other hand, destroyed Brett without so much as a scratch.

Guys that make few mistakes are fighters like GSP and Anderson.  They dominate most of their fights and come out unscathed.

Fedor needs to get his ass in the UFC and fight some real opponents, instead of the hand fed cans he's been fighting over the last few years.

Let's see if he dodges Alistar now ::)
w