Author Topic: Robin Hood 2010  (Read 1329 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Robin Hood 2010
« on: May 18, 2010, 03:27:45 AM »
Ok, just finished screening Robin Hood. {sigh}   :-\

Not really sure what to make of it. Most of the performances were solid enough...Cate Blanchett delivers as usual, William Hurt was a little vanilla for me, ...but he frequently comes across that way for me. Max Von Sydow was simply amazing, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him nominated for best supporting actor by BAFTA, Golden Globe or even Oscar, ...but still the film just wasn't quite there for me.

Prince John's introduction was memorable enough, ...but I couldn't find the originality in his performance. The whole time I was watching Prince John, ...I felt like I was watching a less than stellar impression of Joachin Pheonix's Commodus from Gladiator. I kind of felt the same with Crowes performance. It felt like I had somehow seen him perform that same character before ... and for the same director too. It certainly wasn't what I had expected... it was more like a Robin Hood prequel.

It certainly leaves the door open for a 2nd film in the franchise...one that could deliver more of what we expect from a Robin Hood film, ...but I don't know that it will get that far.

Oh well, I'm sure Ridley Scott's next film will bowl me over, and no doubt Crowes next film will also have me raving.
I'll just save up my praise for them on their next projects since this one didn't quite do it for rme.

btw: In addition to Max Von Sydow... I think the guy who editted the trailer should probably get an Oscar nom.
He did real good... even though I hate it when I ffind the trailer is so much more intriguing than the film.  :-\

Robin Hood - 2010
w

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Re: Robin Hood 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 01:54:14 PM »
i liked it, although i didn't care for prince john so much.  I like the fact that they laid the beginings of the character.  perhaps they should have shortedned the developemtn and included more of what we know as robin hood

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 12:23:21 AM »
i liked it, although i didn't care for prince john so much.  I like the fact that they laid the beginings of the character.  perhaps they should have shortedned the developemtn and included more of what we know as robin hood

I liked Prince john when he was initiaally introduced. I thought he would turn out to be an interesting character.
He didn't quite deliver. Ya, it was like a Robin hood prequel, but it wasn't well paced at all. Seemed to drag on far too long, and I expected to see much more of the Sheriff of Nottingham. This definitely was not Errol Flynn's Robin Hood.
w

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 02:31:17 AM »
I will probally go and see it.
But I am not a Crowe fan.

needmoresize

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 07:54:28 PM »
just saw it, and good lord....sooo boring. i fell asleep twice

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 10:01:31 AM »
just saw it, and good lord....sooo boring. i fell asleep twice
Ok I will wait for it to be on DVD then  :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 04:35:01 PM »
Ok I will wait for it to be on DVD then  :)

smart move  ;)
w

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 06:30:42 PM »
Prince John looked a lot more Turkish than I expected